Customer pulls gun, stops knife-wielding man in Royal Oak parking lot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Customer pulls gun, stops knife-wielding man in Royal Oak parking lot

Unistat
03-09-2012, 05:51
Royal Oak, Michigan

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/03/08/news/local_news/doc4f5926b4c8306728804395.txt

An alert grocery store customer with a valid license to carry a concealed weapon may have prevented injuries — or worse — in the parking lot of Holiday Market...

eracer
03-09-2012, 06:21
Oakland, California?
CCW?
MSM reports a good stop?

I need to sit down. I'm feeling a bit dizzy here...

Oh wait... It's Oakland County, Michigan. That makes a bit more sense.

ponders
03-09-2012, 06:23
being in KOMMIEFORNIA he will probably be charged with something even tho it appears he was in the right:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

Hour13
03-09-2012, 06:38
:thumbsup:

Well done! Stopped the threat, and was able to do so without opening fire with an infant nearby. Kudos.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "Too bad he didn't drill the guy" comments, lol. But really, if you don't have to pull the trigger, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches exercising some restraint.

That being said... if you do need to escalate to that point... don't frikin hesitate. Do what needs to be done.

xmanhockey7
03-09-2012, 07:39
Glad to see no one was hurt and no shots were fired. It annoys me when people say if they're gun is coming out they're going to shoot. While I think if your gun comes out it should be when you feel your life is in danger and you should be prepared to shoot it doesn't necessarily mean you HAVE to shoot.

pipedreams
03-09-2012, 08:01
:thumbsup:

Well done! Stopped the threat, and was able to do so without opening fire with an infant nearby. Kudos.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "Too bad he didn't drill the guy" comments, lol.But really, if you don't have to pull the trigger, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches exercising some restraint.

That being said... if you do need to escalate to that point... don't frikin hesitate. Do what needs to be done.
:agree: With this.............................who wants shoot someone if not necessary.