Need 2 part holster for vehicle mounting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 part holster for vehicle mounting

crazyasian1
03-09-2012, 07:20
Hey all, I need some holster options that would be feasible for vehicle mount a la:

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/crazyasian1122/Holster.jpg

I don’t need any sort of retention, or any other fancy perks, this isn’t going to be an EDC holster. I just want my gun to be readily available in the same place every time while I’m driving instead of just sitting in the console. I know the Serpa will work, because that's what was used in this write-up, and with all the negative press the Serpa holsters are getting I’m hoping to find one for cheap. Anyone got one laying around? Emphasis on CHEAP, lol!

What are some other options? Fobus, Uncle Mikes?

thanks!
JJ

roadkill46
03-09-2012, 07:33
i would not say anything kydex due to having to draw straight up, rather hard and quick on some. how about an old leather one or a cheapy walmart or uncle mikes that you put some velcro patches on the holster and the inside of the compartment and stick it there? or you could drill a couple of small self tap screws with plastic washers through the inside of the holster into the side of the holder. you'd have 2 small holes, but who would notice? i have 2 big stick 33 rounders velcro'd to the roof of my truck (just in case zombie hordes won't let me drive the 3 miles to get home)!
edit: you could also use some screws to put in a gun 'magnet'. i got 2 at a gun show, rubber coated so as not to hurt the finish. one has my XD at the bottom of my bed frame and the other holds a snubbie over the front door. they hold excellent.

Hour13
03-09-2012, 08:01
When I was carrying a Glock, I had a Fobus bolted under the dash. I've got a Blackhawk for my HK that I'll eventually do the same with.

FTjoe
03-09-2012, 09:16
for my glock 21, i used the factory glock holster and mounted it in the center console in the manner described in this thread:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-diys/83833-glock-holster-mod-pics.html

it shows it in a toyota tundra, but can be installed in any console provide there is sufficient depth. glock magazine holsters are mounted on the other side of the console in the same manner.

for the ultimate in concealability in the center console, take a look at this thread:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-diys/73414-you-gun-lovers.html

makes it a bit more difficult to gain access to it (especially with all of the stuff placed back inside the console), but it sure is sweeeeeeet!!

PlasticFan
03-09-2012, 10:12
I have a Crossbreed Ohai mounted to the inside wall of my center console. It mounts with industrial velcro.

frontier2011
03-09-2012, 12:14
I have a Crossbreed Ohai mounted to the inside wall of my center console. It mounts with industrial velcro.

wont help in a crash

PlasticFan
03-09-2012, 12:23
wont help in a crash

I guarantee the whole center console will move in a crash before my holster & Glock do.

crazyasian1
03-09-2012, 12:53
i would not say anything kydex due to having to draw straight up, rather hard and quick on some. how about an old leather one or a cheapy walmart or uncle mikes that you put some velcro patches on the holster and the inside of the compartment and stick it there? or you could drill a couple of small self tap screws with plastic washers through the inside of the holster into the side of the holder. you'd have 2 small holes, but who would notice? i have 2 big stick 33 rounders velcro'd to the roof of my truck (just in case zombie hordes won't let me drive the 3 miles to get home)!
edit: you could also use some screws to put in a gun 'magnet'. i got 2 at a gun show, rubber coated so as not to hurt the finish. one has my XD at the bottom of my bed frame and the other holds a snubbie over the front door. they hold excellent.

Velcro's a no-go, I want something a little more semi permanent. That's why I want a Serpa or equiv, because I can pull out my console, drill three holes, throw some big ole washers on and mount the holster.

The magnet might be an idea though, if I can find one skinny yet strong enough to hold the 19.

Thanks for the input!

crazyasian1
03-09-2012, 12:58
for my glock 21, i used the factory glock holster and mounted it in the center console in the manner described in this thread:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-diys/83833-glock-holster-mod-pics.html

it shows it in a toyota tundra, but can be installed in any console provide there is sufficient depth. glock magazine holsters are mounted on the other side of the console in the same manner.

for the ultimate in concealability in the center console, take a look at this thread:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-diys/73414-you-gun-lovers.html

makes it a bit more difficult to gain access to it (especially with all of the stuff placed back inside the console), but it sure is sweeeeeeet!!

That first link is basically what I'm doing, I got mine off the Titan site. That second link... NICE!!!

crazyasian1
03-09-2012, 13:10
Guess I should have been more descriptive since I didn't post the whole write up <--Call me Mr. Dumas, lol!!

SO... What I want is a holster that has screws in it, such as the Serpa, so I can pull out my cneter console, drill a couple holes, and mount the holster to the inside of the center console.

As I said, Just a nice place to keep the holster while I'm driving around.

If I crash... well I'm gong to have a great many things to worry about, not sure how this helps me, but thanks.

DaneA
03-09-2012, 13:36
Is that in a Jeep?
If so I am working on an idea that will make it readily available and also be able to secure it with a keyed lock when you are not in the vehicle. Will be working on it more as it warms up a bit.

f1pap
03-10-2012, 12:18
check out gumcreekcustoms.com

Badger54
03-10-2012, 15:01
One thing you might want to be conscious of using a plastic holster. Is the effects of long term heat exposure in your car in the summer if you live in a warm area.

Southmansfield
03-11-2012, 20:47
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/947284/desantis-kingston-car-seat-holster-ambidextrous-glock-26-27-33-nylon-black

Have you looked at simple options? The DeSantis works great, particularly under a seat cover.

SouthpawG26
06-21-2012, 12:17
Im reviving this one to mention that i had an "aha" moment last week. I found that i can make almost any thigh rig work as a vehicle holster, strapped to the steering column to hold the gun in fairly quick-to-reach 5 or 6o clock position.

Wil Ufgood
06-21-2012, 12:26
Fobus Roto Holster, cheap POS but would work pretty good.