Ever heard of an AR swap meet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of an AR swap meet?

RyanNREMTP
03-09-2012, 18:52
This is something I've been thinking of doing for the last couple of weeks. Most everyone I know has extra parts laying around for their AR that they bought in the past and either didn't like it or found something better. What I'm wanting to do is a swap meet where people bring their extras stuff like stocks, vertical grips, grips and other stuff like that and swap parts if they find something they like. They can either swap or buy it. This is something I was wanting to do locally.

Has anyone every heard or done anything like this in the past?

Murgatroy
03-09-2012, 18:59
Sounds like a gun show to me...

Seriously though, while the AR is popular, I am not sure it is popular enough to get enough folks together in one localized area for something as big as you are thinking it is. Good luck to you though.

RyanNREMTP
03-09-2012, 19:13
I'm not looking at anything large. Mainly I was thinking of friends and co-workers that I know like the AR platform.

mixflip
03-10-2012, 01:31
That actually sounds like a good idea. Maybe talk to a mom & pop gun store to host it in their parking lot to pull in customers too and drum up business and awareness of smaller shops?

JaPes
03-10-2012, 06:19
I'm not looking at anything large. Mainly I was thinking of friends and co-workers that I know like the AR platform.

So it's like the dude version of a tupperware party?

Rumbler_G20
03-10-2012, 06:42
Our local gun forum has done this in the past.

It got swamped. It was initially scheduled to be a half-day thing. Boy was that a gross under estimate.:wow:

It was "advertised" as an AR platform event, but everyone pretty much brought everything they wanted to wheel & deal with.

. . and we are in Gun Show central. We have one every couple of months around here.

I'd say try one. If it works out well do another in some time frame. If not, at least the local gun folks will have been provided an opportunity to get together to enjoy each other company. I'd call that a "WIN!" either way.:cool:

FWIW. :supergrin:

RyanNREMTP
03-10-2012, 12:55

I've heard it put that way before.

I got a place to do it if I follow through with it. So we'll see if I can get enough word out.

Maybe I should join Facebook.

On second thought, nevermind.

Veedubklown
03-11-2012, 04:16

It's AR parts - it IS a tupperware party. With guys.