Daniel Defense [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense

dotsun
03-10-2012, 04:28
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a DD upper to finish my build and was going to check out the gun show this weekend. Gunshow's being what they are I got to thinking that other then DD markings on the rail how would I know the rest of the parts are DD and not just a DD rail thrown on a crap upper? Are there any other markings that can keep me from being a dupe?

D.S.Brown
03-10-2012, 06:30
On the left hand side of the upper in the upper left hand corner you should see Daniel Defense etched in their logo stye.

Best,

Dave

dotsun
03-10-2012, 10:07
Thanks, that's something I haven't really noticed in the pics on their website.

Ahmid
03-10-2012, 15:56
Aim had some for sale a while back at a good price. Give them a call....

dotsun
03-10-2012, 16:50
They're showing sold out. :( If I strike out this weekend I'll keep an eye on them as that's the best price I've seen on the v5 lw.

rem2429
03-12-2012, 13:58
at least some of their bolt carriers also have it etched where it shows in the ejection port.
The forge mark on the upper should be a big D.

I got mine from Smart Gunner, but waited a while. I would buy from them again, but only after I called and made sure it was IN STOCK.

They are good people, but their business model puts them at the mercy of DD.

dotsun
03-12-2012, 15:31
Well I struck out at the gun show. I think I'll wait a few more days and see if what I really want comes back in stock. If not I'll order my second choice which is in stock: https://danieldefense.com/upper-receiver-groups/mid-length-urg/daniel-defense-m4-urg-v7-lightweight.html