The Nano Project - new torture test(s) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Nano Project - new torture test(s)

mrecanatini
03-10-2012, 14:44
Hi guys...
I wanted to share with you the latest video of the Nano Project. This time we're running the gun over with a truck. The first time we ran it over on a dirt road, but we were challenged to run it over on concrete. So, we did that, too.
Here are the videos
http://youtu.be/wO_EzpVl8WA
http://youtu.be/LEd-yxxTlg8
We have more videos lined up, but we're open to suggestions! :cool:

MinnesnowtaWild
03-10-2012, 22:14
Sad :(

Poor little guy.

Bilbo Bagins
03-11-2012, 18:18
Any idea when the .40S&W version is coming out?

HKLovingIT
03-11-2012, 21:01
Nice. I love how the manufacturer puts it through these tests. Fun to watch and nice to see the interaction between the company and the buying public. :wavey:

I would like to see it frozen with a coating of ice and then shot pulled right out of the freezer. You know, in case you keep a hideaway gun in your freezer. :whistling:

Throw it off a three story building. So if I was in a roof top struggle and it went over the side I want to know I can jump down and get it and it will be good to go.

Drag it behind your truck for a mile or so down a country dirt road. In case I get dragged behind a vehicle, I wanna know my Nano will get me out that jam. :rofl:

Prove to me that it looks so stylish that a wife would not get mad for bringing a new one home. :rofl: This has funny commercial written all over it. Get that FateofDestinee girl to play the wife.

Pistol whip a liberal a couple times with it and then make sure it didn't catch cooties.

That's all I can think of right now.

mickdundie
03-12-2012, 06:39
Nice. I love how the manufacturer puts it through these tests. Fun to watch and nice to see the interaction between the company and the buying public. :wavey:

I would like to see it frozen with a coating of ice and then shot pulled right out of the freezer. You know, in case you keep a hideaway gun in your freezer. :whistling:

Throw it off a three story building. So if I was in a roof top struggle and it went over the side I want to know I can jump down and get it and it will be good to go.

Drag it behind your truck for a mile or so down a country dirt road. In case I get dragged behind a vehicle, I wanna know my Nano will get me out that jam. :rofl:

Prove to me that it looks so stylish that a wife would not get mad for bringing a new one home. :rofl: This has funny commercial written all over it. Get that FateofDestinee girl to play the wife.

Pistol whip a liberal a couple times with it and then make sure it didn't catch cooties.

That's all I can think of right now.

Ya...This ^^kind of stuff happens all the time:faint:

How bout more "REAL WORLD" stupid stuff like:

Drop gun then test for function/reliability
Dry Fire repeatedly (it will be done in real world)
Shooting crappy WWB ammo for reliability check
Carrry for two months w/dust bunnies then test reliability
Drop in muddy water then test reliability
etc...

Mick:thumbsup:

Bob Hafler
03-12-2012, 10:34
Good thing it worked or that is one video you would have never seen.:rofl:

jb1911
03-12-2012, 10:49
I want to see the video where they find out what's causing the FTEs and fix it. I love everything about this little gun, wish it was as reliable as most of their other pistols.

HKLovingIT
03-12-2012, 12:14
Ya...This ^^kind of stuff happens all the time:faint:

How bout more "REAL WORLD" stupid stuff like:

Drop gun then test for function/reliability
Dry Fire repeatedly (it will be done in real world)
Shooting crappy WWB ammo for reliability check
Carrry for two months w/dust bunnies then test reliability
Drop in muddy water then test reliability
etc...

Mick:thumbsup:

Uhh, you know I wasn't serious right?

hu·mor (hymr)
n.
1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.
2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.

elde
03-12-2012, 17:52
I want to see the video where they find out what's causing the FTEs and fix it. I love everything about this little gun, wish it was as reliable as most of their other pistols.

Amen. As of now they simply do a fluff and buff when you send it in for the failure to extract issue.

jb1911
03-12-2012, 18:57
Amen. As of now they simply do a fluff and buff when you send it in for the failure to extract issue.

To be honest my Nano went back for the F&B and hasn't malfunctioned since (approx. 600 rounds).

Foxtrotx1
03-12-2012, 19:11
Will it survive the garbage disposal? I keep a gun in there for easy late night kitchen access.

Nakanokalronin
03-12-2012, 20:00
I finally got to see one of these in person the other day. Very slim but putting it flat in my hand covered more area then my Solo. Trigger was kinda mushy but overall fit was very nice for a poly pistol.

The Nano I handled was from someone that traded it in at my LGS since they didn't like the recoil. They had it priced for $350 and it almost followed me home for that reason alone. After mulling over and handling it for about 10 minutes, I decided to let someone else have the deal since I already have a small 9mm for summer.

NMGlocker
03-12-2012, 20:31
Ditto.
Mine is currently back at Beretta (Bolsa Gunsmithing actually) for multiple FTE issues.
If the F&B doesn't fix it, they can pay for another UPS call tag... and another tag and another tag and... until they either get it right or give me a refund.

Bilbo Bagins
03-12-2012, 20:36
Ditto.
Mine is currently back at Beretta (Bolsa Gunsmithing actually) for multiple FTE issues.
If the F&B doesn't fix it, they can pay for another UPS call tag... and another tag and another tag and... until they either get it right or give me a refund.

The more I look into the Nano the more I don't think its ready for prime time. I read somewhere on the Kahr forums that some owners seriously need to work over the gun to make it 100% reliable; like leaving the slide locked back for a week, and shooting a 900 round break in.

Even with that it still chokes on non premium ammo like WWB.

Some guys really like them, but I think I'll pass.