New (to me) PF9!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) PF9!!!!

Danimal3805
03-12-2012, 05:24
Went shooting the other day with a couple buddies, really liked the way the PF9 fit my hand (except my pinky haha). Also liked the idea of a single stack 9mm that's going to keep me armed more often. One of my buddies has a 41-weeks pregnant wife and needed the money so I bought his PF9! Thing looks brand new, he said it only had a few magazines worth through it, and it looks like it! I may have overpaid a little ($200 with the box and papers) but I don't mind helping out a friend! He threw in a fobus OWB paddle holster too, who carries a PF9 OWB??!! hahaha

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gdirty5
03-12-2012, 08:33
Get the pinky extensions for the mags, it helps a lot. You might want to get it refinished or coated bc the factory blue wears off easily. But besides that it's a great affordable ccw gun, just get used to its bite, shoot it and you will know what I mean.

Danimal3805
03-12-2012, 11:02
I have shot it, I know what ya mean!! Feels like gettin slapped with a hockey stick!! :wow: My 1911 doesn't recoil that hard, comparatively! I have 2 mags for it, one with the extension and one without. Just ordered an extension from midway, along with some other stuff. I did a rapid-fire 2 mag dump with some 9mm +P ammo and I ain't ashamed to say my hand HURT. It ain't a range gun, that's for sure!! :rofl:

blastfact
03-12-2012, 13:09
My PF-9 does not hurt my hand.

Danimal3805
03-12-2012, 18:21
It's just the web between my thumb and forefinger. Feels like getting snapped with a towel. Haha Not nearly enough pain to make me not want to shoot it or practice with it. I was just surprised by the recoil.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gdirty5
03-12-2012, 19:20
get some talon grips to help you get a better grip and control the gun better.... I like the sand paper feel for guns that "kick" a little more than I would like. It helps me control the gun better.

http://talongungrips.com/Talon-Grips-for-Kel-Tec-Granulate-Texture-KelTecGranulate.htm

bac1023
03-12-2012, 19:31
Congrats! :cool: