Milwaukee police call for concealed-carry changes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee police call for concealed-carry changes

TBO
03-12-2012, 08:58
Milwaukee police call for concealed-carry changes

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/milwaukee-police-call-for-concealedcarry-changes-md4fobn-142277075.html

dodgecope89
03-12-2012, 09:11
I have to agree with mr. Clark on this one the justice system is what needs fixing not the ccw law. It would be like trying to fix a leak by sticking your finger over the hole.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cowboy1964
03-12-2012, 10:21
I don't get the straw man problem. Doesn't federal law apply IN ADDITION to state law? So what's the problem?

And if so many many felonies are being pleaded down to misdemeanors then WI has a lot bigger problems that they should be dealing with.

Pete250R
03-12-2012, 10:28
no surprise that Chicago-Jr's police want to weaken the CCW law.

NEOH212
03-12-2012, 16:39
Blah Blah Blah. :upeyes:

NEOH212
03-12-2012, 16:40
no surprise that Chicago-Jr's police want to weaken the CCW law.

:agree:

geoemery
03-12-2012, 17:02
This is the same police chief who opposed CC in the first place. This is the same police dept. that confiscates any gun it comes across even if it is legal. It is little wonder they would want to weaken CC rights.

snubfan
03-12-2012, 17:05
I could be completely wrong but I'm guessing most real bad guys don't want a CCW. Put your fingerprints and a mugshot into the system and then go rapin' and robbin'? Doesn't seem to make too much sense.

kensteele
03-12-2012, 17:47
Absolutely ridiculous. Going after good people and ignoring the real criminals again. Next step is to make a traffic violation a misdemeanor. WI resident, don't cave it. You have to right to carry without 10,000 laws surrounding you trying to snag you for something or another.

mj9mm
03-12-2012, 18:08
he is a lefty from out east, with an even more liberal DA, and the mayor is worse than those two together:crying:

EAJuggalo
03-13-2012, 02:01
I could be completely wrong but I'm guessing most real bad guys don't want a CCW. Put your fingerprints and a mugshot into the system and then go rapin' and robbin'? Doesn't seem to make too much sense.

You're completely wrong. No fingerprints and no pictures for a Wisconsin License.

dodgecope89
03-13-2012, 03:57
You're completely wrong. No fingerprints and no pictures for a Wisconsin License.

I think his point was that bad guys don't generally follow the rules either way.

LoadToadBoss
03-13-2012, 06:20
I think it's a shame that Milwaukee police want to make carrying a concealed handgun without a permit a felony when it is a constitutionally protected right in other states. Amazing.

Gunnut 45/454
03-13-2012, 15:58
TBO
I say Mil PD needs to get a freaking life- Now the Liberals want to allow a Misdemeanor be used to bar gun ownership? Are not Traffic violations Misdemeanors? These so called LEO's need to be fired for subverting the COTUS! We all know they were dead against Wis . getting CCW law passed to begin wuith now they want to subvert the law cause they got there faced slapped when it passed. All I goty to say is MILPD get bent!:steamed:

"Many of our career criminals don't have a felony conviction," explained Joel Plant, chief of staff with the Milwaukee Police Department. "They've been arrested for felonies, they've been charged with felonies, but because of necessity of the criminal justice process - and this is not a disparaging comment on the prosecution process or the judicial process - but because of necessity in our system, a lot of those felonies, many of those felonies, most of those felonies, are pled down to misdemeanor convictions."

This sounds like MILPD needs to work on getting better cases before better judges and quite whinning cause they are not getting the job done.

AA#5
03-13-2012, 16:03
I don't get the straw man problem. Doesn't federal law apply IN ADDITION to state law? So what's the problem?

And if so many many felonies are being pleaded down to misdemeanors then WI has a lot bigger problems that they should be dealing with.

I don't think it's a WI problem. It's what probably happens everywhere.

AA#5
03-13-2012, 16:05
I have to agree with mr. Clark on this one the justice system is what needs fixing not the ccw law. It would be like trying to fix a leak by sticking your finger over the hole.

They're not likely to spend the money to fix the justice system.

Misty02
03-13-2012, 16:57
Oops... never mind. My apologies

dodgecope89
03-13-2012, 20:03
They're not likely to spend the money to fix the justice system.

Yeah i guess not or this probably wouldn't be a very interesting thread lol

LApm9
03-13-2012, 20:26
If they are letting all those violent felons plead down so they don't have to jail them...doesn't that make it all the more necessary for the citizens to carry weapons????