Have you seen the Strike One pistol? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the Strike One pistol?

Nakanokalronin
03-12-2012, 09:46
Seems like a Glock clone from the outside but kind of interesting none the less. Looks more practical then their double barreled 1911. http://serve.mysmiley.net/rolleye/rolleye0015.gif

Strike One 2012 - YouTube

TN.Frank
03-12-2012, 09:58
Magazine Miniskirt???, it's got a short dress on, must be a gun for girls,LOL.:rofl:
Looks like a Glock/S&W M&P style pistol that's been done to death over the last few years.
Why buy a cheap clone when you can buy the cheap original. Just get a Glock.:supergrin:

P.S.
I'll stick with my "old school" ATI 1911a1 thank you very much.

dosei
03-12-2012, 10:12
How's your Russian?

strizh.avi - YouTube

Nakanokalronin
03-12-2012, 10:20
How's your Russian?

strizh.avi - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bw_0VKoBVE)!

Not sure but that front sight on the Strike One seems to be just a little off at the 1:01 mark. :dunno:

I'd like to see what the inline barrel locking system looks like.

rvrctyrngr
03-12-2012, 11:11
Interesting.

M&P15T
03-12-2012, 11:16
Funny video.

Glockwork Orange
03-12-2012, 11:26
What's up with that music from the first minute and a half? I was waiting for King Kong to come through the trees behind the house!

Bodyarmorguy
03-12-2012, 11:47
The lines of the slide are at least pleasing to look at at, not so "blocky."

BuckyP
03-12-2012, 12:16
How's your Russian?

strizh.avi - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bw_0VKoBVE)

Half way through the video, I realized.... I don't. :tease:

Interesting pistol, nonetheless.

HKLovingIT
03-12-2012, 12:22
I appreciate the dramatic shooting demo by another big fat pot bellied pro shooter who probably couldn't run 10 yards to cover. :rofl:

Havasu
03-12-2012, 12:44
There's nothing like a 3 minute video crammed into 4 minutes and 13 seconds

Nakanokalronin
03-12-2012, 12:49
The lines of the slide are at least pleasing to look at at, not so "blocky."

It does look like more of a refined Glock on the outside. I'm still interested in seeing the internals. For some reason, I want to check one out when/if they hit the shelves.

Nakanokalronin
03-12-2012, 12:57
Found a slight field strip in this blog: http://frankwjames.blogspot.com/2012/03/pistols-both-new-and-knock-offs.html

Looks pretty simple.

bikerdog
03-12-2012, 13:44
First time seeing it. But I will say it looks good. If the price is right when it is released I will get one. With a barrel siting that low it should be really controllable

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

dosei
03-12-2012, 14:08
Makes me think of the Caracal more than the Glock. Would like to dig into the inner workings of it and see what all they came up with.

Morgo
03-12-2012, 19:30
Interesting barrel locking design.

bac1023
03-12-2012, 19:37
Interesting, but I just can not get into the dozens of new polymers onn the market.

.45Super-Man
03-12-2012, 20:41
Interesting, but I just can not get into the dozens of new polymers onn the market.

I stopped setting that red plastic bin on the curb every other week for this very reason!

Nakanokalronin
03-13-2012, 03:53

I agree, but this one has me more intrigued by its mechanics over anything else. At least its something a little different instead of the same rehash controls and components. I prefer steel or aluminum framed guns myself but poly is here to stay since it makes the manufacturing process a lot easier which in turn, costs the consumer less to purchase.

The prototype has an aluminum frame. It would be nice if they offered it in both materials but I don't see that being very cost effective on their end.

crazymoose
03-13-2012, 04:09
Interesting. I like the low bore axis, what looks like a short trigger, and the forward serrations. If the Russians pull it off, it could be a nice gun. The same company's double-barreled 1911 gives me pause, but I'm hoping "Arsenal Firearms" is simply and advertising/export company rather than the maker of both guns.

Nakanokalronin
03-13-2012, 12:09
The lack of finger grooves and a more human hand friendly looking backstrap are some nice pluses as well.

Haldor
03-13-2012, 15:46
Did anybody else cringe when the shooter swept the camera man with a loaded pistol... Twice...

WiskyT
03-13-2012, 17:12
It looks like they pay Bruno in canolis.

crazymoose
03-13-2012, 17:15
Did anybody else cringe when the shooter swept the camera man with a loaded pistol... Twice...

In Soviet Union... gun shoots YOU!

Comedian
03-14-2012, 09:44
I want one!!

ca survivor
03-14-2012, 10:00
I want one!!
me too, at least the slide stop/release can be used.

addict
03-14-2012, 19:11
Hard to know until you pick it up, but the trigger looks like a LLLLL OOOOO NNNN GGG pull, and equally long reset. OR maybe that guy just likes slapping the trigger??? More is good though!
Addict

SEH95B
03-14-2012, 20:05
How's your Russian?

strizh.avi - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bw_0VKoBVE)

It's late and I am tired.... but did some jackwagon play Russian William Tell at the end of the video there????

Nakanokalronin
03-14-2012, 21:30
Hard to know until you pick it up, but the trigger looks like a LLLLL OOOOO NNNN GGG pull, and equally long reset. OR maybe that guy just likes slapping the trigger??? More is good though!
Addict

I thought he was slapping the trigger when I first watched the video. Watch his finger after the slide locks back. He keeps going once or twice before he realizes the gun's empty.

Novocaine
03-15-2012, 20:58
Normally tilting/falling block guns are fat. Hence no Beretta 92 in .45. What’s interesting here the designers were able to fit the falling block into the slide that is 2mm thinner than Glock's 9mm. Which means they better do some serious durability testing to make sure Beretta/SEALs situation is avoided.
Magazine Miniskirt???, it's got a short dress on, must be a gun for girls,LOL.:rofl:
Things get lost in translation. My guess is they mean “integrated mag funnel”
Looks like a Glock/S&W M&P style pistol that's been done to death over the last few years.
This gun has as much in common with a Glock as AK with StG44.
I appreciate the dramatic shooting demo by another big fat pot bellied pro shooter who probably couldn't run 10 yards to cover. :rofl:
Not sure which video you’re referring to, either guy looks a bit out of shape.
Not to say these guys are not pushing some promotional BS but as a general principle I’d rather have gun conversation with a fella who can outshoot me than with a fella who can outrun me.
The fatass in the first video is one of the top IPSC pistol shooters in Europe.
The fatass in dosei’s video is not a pro. He won open rifle nationals in Russia couple of years ago or so but he makes his living by hosting TV shows and directing movies, documentaries mostly. He is also a war correspondent, he could be found in the thick of every action the Russian Army’s and Ministry’s of Interior troops took the part in, from Azerbaijan to Chechnya. Government commendations, all that. Unlike most of the GT commandos he’s been hauling his fat ass to actual covers dodging actual bullets for more than twenty years.

Interesting. I like the low bore axis, what looks like a short trigger, and the forward serrations. If the Russians pull it off, it could be a nice gun. The same company's double-barreled 1911 gives me pause, but I'm hoping "Arsenal Firearms" is simply and advertising/export company rather than the maker of both guns.
The Russian company whose owner is behind this enterprise certainly has the expertise to manufacture this gun http://www.miniaturearsenal.com/ but doesn't look like mass production company. Also, getting handgun manufacturing license is not the easiest thing in Russia. From what I gather these first prototypes are made by Tanfoglio and the mags by MecGar.
I want one!! The problem is the gun does not pretend to be DA like Glock. It’s an honest fully cocked SA. SA+ plastic frame= impossible to import as is. At very least it will have manual, grip and mag safeties, serrated trigger, target sights, finger grooves, etc.
Russian cameramen are cheap and abundant.
It's late and I am tired.... but did some jackwagon play Russian William Tell at the end of the video there????
I doubt he is Russian, he uses safety glasses.

WiskyT
03-15-2012, 21:05
The fatass in the first video is one of the top IPSC pistol shooters in Europe.

He needs to consider loosing weight, or getting bigger jogging suits. He looks like a well armed Dom Deloise.

Metal Angel
03-15-2012, 23:17
I think I'm with glocks the way a lot of people are with 1911s. I feel like they did it right 25 years ago and no one is going to to it better with the same basic design. Glocks are the only polys I will buy, unless there is a poly that fills a role that glock has neglected, like a slim subcompact.

III_M1KE_III
03-16-2012, 00:40
ROFL!!!! :rofl:

Not sure but that front sight on the Strike One seems to be just a little off at the 1:01 mark. :dunno:

I'd like to see what the inline barrel locking system looks like.

Tiro Fijo
03-16-2012, 12:03
He needs to consider loosing weight, or getting bigger jogging suits. He looks like a well armed Dom Deloise.

That man is Bruno La Bruna, European 2008 IPSC Champion. :wavey: Can you top that, BIG MAN?

Comedian
03-16-2012, 13:58
Great post Novocaine! Thanks for the info. I hope they find a way to get this pistol stateside.

Ahmid
03-16-2012, 14:02
It appears to me from the video that it was double action only, no reset at all.
This man is a true champ.
As to his pointing the pistol, a robot camera probably was used...

L Pete
03-16-2012, 14:50
Thanks,.....but no

crazymoose
03-16-2012, 16:01
Normally tilting/falling block guns are fat. Hence no Beretta 92 in .45. What’s interesting here the designers were able to fit the falling block into the slide that is 2mm thinner than Glock's 9mm. Which means they better do some serious durability testing to make sure Beretta/SEALs situation is avoided.

If memory serves, all of the slide fractures in Berettas occurred at the point where the opening on the top of the slide meets the breach face area. Even with the radiused corner, this is a weak area and a natural place for failure to occur. The Strike One's solid slide looks like it should avoid this problem.

WiskyT
03-16-2012, 19:01
That man is Bruno La Bruna, European 2008 IPSC Champion. :wavey: Can you top that, BIG MAN?

I can certainly keep my waist under 34" and dress better.

checkyoursix
03-17-2012, 05:55
Novocaine, thank you your post, it added interesting information and contextualized the videos.

If and when they move on from prototype phase it might be a pistol worth looking at.

ArmoryDoc
03-17-2012, 08:10
No more Poly guns, please ! :)

oldnoob
03-17-2012, 08:17
Sometime I just feel like a sucker for polymer pistol.

WiskyT
03-17-2012, 11:29
No more Poly guns, please ! :)

That poly gun is being held by none other than Bruta La Bruta, Euorpean IPSC champion, who happens to be wearing a spandex speed skating suit. Can you top that Big Man?

ReyFufuRulesAll
03-28-2012, 02:04
Novocaine, thank you your post, it added interesting information and contextualized the videos.

If and when they move on from prototype phase it might be a pistol worth looking at.

Agreed. Nice to get some actual information once in a while here.

esh325
03-28-2012, 09:46
It's not a Glock clone at all, the mechanics are quite different with the straight back barrel that doesn't tilt. And the pistol is more described as being Italian made rather then Russian. It's certainly an interesting pistol and innovative pistol. The haters seem to hate just because it's new.I wouldn't mind a DA/SA version.

humanguerrilla
03-28-2012, 20:46
Ewww.They are supposed to be working with the Russian Military on a version.

Jim Watson
03-28-2012, 22:15
Low bore axis, si.
Straight line action, neat gimmick but only significant as it supports the low axis.

My big question is the trigger. Few factory triggers will let you get the best out of the gun, no matter the advertising. I await a real test with numbers.

HiVel
03-29-2012, 18:06
The only thing I would ever buy from Russia is a woman or a few cases of Vodka. The gun is a rehash of the incredible Glock and as such is not worth worrying about. Forget it and go get some Russian Vodka and a Russian girl, then go shoot your Glock!!

PS: Do not get excited about the comments on the women-I have two friends who did exactly that !! one deal worked out (so far) and one did not.

Fuerte
03-29-2012, 18:13
First time seeing it. But I will say it looks good. If the price is right when it is released I will get one. With a barrel siting that low it should be really controllable

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Me too...

Nakanokalronin
03-29-2012, 18:54
The only thing I would ever buy from Russia is a woman or a few cases of Vodka. The gun is a rehash of the incredible Glock and as such is not worth worrying about. Forget it and go get some Russian Vodka and a Russian girl, then go shoot your Glock!!

PS: Do not get excited about the comments on the women-I have two friends who did exactly that !! one deal worked out (so far) and one did not.

Check out the pictures of the internals to find out how little Glock-like it is. http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0015.gif

fnfalman
03-29-2012, 19:51
I I prefer steel or aluminum framed guns myself but poly is here to stay since it makes the manufacturing process a lot easier which in turn, costs the consumer less to purchase.

When do I get to see these lesser prices from plastic frames?

Nakanokalronin
03-29-2012, 20:33
When do I get to see these lesser prices from plastic frames?

I'm not saying poly guns equal $200 firearms but if a manufacture would take any poly pistol and add an aluminum or steel frame, there would be a significant price increase. Poly pistols should be much cheaper for the consumer but not all poly pistols are overpriced either.

idol8
06-27-2012, 09:45
It looks like it will also come with an Alloy frame (ERgal) as an option (adds 100g of weight says on their website (http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/strike-pistol-system/)).