Daylight-savings time reminders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Daylight-savings time reminders

quake
03-12-2012, 18:40
I looked for a previous thread on this topic but couldn't find it. I know there was at least one, but it's vaporized somewhere...

I like to use the Daylight Savings Time time-change as a trigger for doing (and reminding others of) annual or semi-annual chores, preps, and maintenance. Things like checking/changing the batteries in smoke detectors, C.O. detectors, flashlights, or any battery-powered device that doesn't get regular use. Same with the backup batteries in some alarm clocks, answering machines, emergency lights, UPS units, etc. Also a good time to think about changing out any seasonal-related items in vehicles, rotate stored fuel or other non-long-term storables, etc.

Just a reminder.

jdavionic
03-12-2012, 18:46
Good time to check on the age of your pepper spray.

cowboy1964
03-12-2012, 18:52
Just FYI, it's Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight Savings Time.

One of my senseless pet peeves.

quake
03-13-2012, 08:35
Just FYI, it's Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight Savings Time.

One of my senseless pet peeves.

You know, I never knew that, but you're right.

(Not promising I'll remember it six months from now though. My storage space is fine, but I've only got so much processor power; and I think mine is around 80286-class... :embarassed: )

sebecman
03-13-2012, 09:42
Time to dig up the mason jars and check that the seals are still tight.

kirgi08
03-13-2012, 10:08
It was an industrial concept.'08.

quake
11-03-2012, 18:22
Bump for reminder. For the fall time-change, in addition to the other things mentioned above, I use it as my benchmark for remembering to put things in place for wintertime - insulated coveralls into the truck, double check propane on hand, things like that.

kirgi08
11-03-2012, 18:34
Took care of all of that today,snow tires on the f250/jeep/subbie.Changed the ghb and put in extra food/blankets.'08.

rwrjr
11-05-2012, 14:22
For those that gets some freezing in the winter it's not a bad time to shut off the valves to external water spigots.