Just ordered a set of Anti walk pins [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a set of Anti walk pins

M&P Shooter
03-12-2012, 21:56
I love the piece of mind these pins give you. Anybody else install these on every AR build?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/581214/kns-hammer-and-trigger-pin-2nd-generation-non-rotating-ar-15-small-pin-154-stainless-steel

WoodenPlank
03-12-2012, 22:04
Nope, I have never used them, and don't see a need for them unless your AR decides to start spitting out pins.

:dunno:

faawrenchbndr
03-12-2012, 22:19
The biggest benifit to these is they keep the pisn from ROTATING.
If you watch, most pins will rotake in the receiver as the trigger is cycled.

Some think they are needed, some do not. While they may not
be needed, it's cheap insurance.

LA_357SIG
03-13-2012, 00:13
I use DPMS anti-walk pins on one of my builds. I broke a standard hammer pin with a .22lr upper. (It is common.) It onlt cost $5.99 plus shipping and the C-clips never once fell off during "hard" use with the .22lr upper, 7.62x39mm piston, or 5.56 uppers.

Javelin
03-13-2012, 00:18
I like them for what they are. I have only seen trigger pins walk ONE TIME. And that was with an old Colt M16A2 that I had and the damn thing was worn to crap.

I put them on all my Noveske SBR'd AR's though.

I do it mainly because I started the trend with one... then another... then another... so now it just basically helps me tell the non-SBR lower Noveske's from the SBR ones. That and they look cool and we all like to do that.... :whistling:

:wavey:

Javelin
03-13-2012, 00:23
Oh and now for some darn reason I have developed this new thing of placing my finger on the KNS pin when not on the trigger. Kind of like my new "finger rest" I guess.

I don't know when I started doing it but when I grab one of my standard ARs I seem to notice b/c my finger is missing "The KNS finger rest".

:rofl:

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 05:09
Some say they are a waste of money:upeyes: How is spending $30 a waste of money to insure a $1000 set up doesn't have a pin walk? Also for $30 they look very nice, I have already spent $70 on 1911 grips to have a nice look.

Patriot III
03-13-2012, 06:20
Nope, I have never used them, and don't see a need for them unless your AR decides to start spitting out pins.

This.

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 07:23
It would seem some have the idea about the KNS Precision
pins set a bit wrong.

They are NOT a "anti-walk pin" they are a "anti-rotation"
pin set. I've NEVER had a standard pin migrate out of the
receiver. However most do rotate.

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/gen-2-non-rotating-trigger-hammer-pins.html

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 07:24
....I don't know when I started doing it but when I grab one of my standard ARs I seem to notice b/c my finger is missing "The KNS finger rest".

:supergrin: I've installed a few sets just to have the "finger rest"!

Boxerglocker
03-13-2012, 07:40
Just to point out if you happen to have a Geissele trigger... Do not install anti rotation pins of any brand on you lower...

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 08:51
Just to point out if you happen to have a Geissele trigger... Do not install anti rotation pins of any brand on you lower...

No experience with the Geissele triggers,......
Can you explain why no KNS trigger pins?

Travclem
03-13-2012, 11:06
We use the KNS pins in our full auto recievers to keep the pin holes from getting wallered out. They are transferable recievers and when they're gone, they're gone.

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 11:25
It would seem some have the idea about the KNS Precision
pins set a bit wrong.

They are NOT a "anti-walk pin" they are a "anti-rotation"
pin set. I've NEVER had a standard pin migrate out of the
receiver. However most do rotate.

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/gen-2-non-rotating-trigger-hammer-pins.html
They do both jobs, pins can walk sideways, it's rare but it happens in older well shot AR's sometimes but yes the pins eliminate rotation which gives a more consistent trigger pull every time.

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 11:33
I can agree with that, however, please realize what
the KNS pin set it ACTUALLY designed to do.

99% of the pins that do walk out of the receiver are from
improperly installing the hammer spring

Boxerglocker
03-13-2012, 11:43
No experience with the Geissele triggers,......
Can you explain why no KNS trigger pins?

I first heard this through Rainier Arms when inquiring, called Geissele to confirm... Adco has a very good explanation here is a link.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/Geissele_KNS.cfm

Javelin
03-13-2012, 12:09
I first heard this through Rainier Arms when inquiring, called Geissele to confirm... Adco has a very good explanation here is a link.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/Geissele_KNS.cfm

That is interesting info. Not sure about the "softer pin" portion of that as the KNS pins I have installed (All GenII) appear to be pretty darn hard. Harder than a DPMS trigger pin I would be willing to bet. The lower is made of Aluminum vs the KNS pins that are stainless I can pretty much say with all certainty there is no logic behind Stainless peeling off because of Aluminum lower rubbed on it. The KNS pins also come in different sizes so if you're an idiot and don't get the correct size (ie. original civilian/le Colt rifles use smaller pin diameter than the current ones) then that would be your fault for playing gunsmith.

And though I like KNS pins, like Woodenplank pointed out one does not logically really "Need" them until one's lower starts to walk pins. Then you could always add them to save your lower and keep it functioning basically forever.

EDIT: Or you want to be pert of the cool club and have an extra $32/shipped to spend on your lower. Once you start putting them in it seems (at least with me) you do it on all of your favorite ARs.

bruce99
03-13-2012, 12:38
I am new to AR's, actually, to all firearms. I bought a Spikes Tactical, 5.56, AR-15, and have about 1500 rounds through it. I don't know if this is relevant, but it has a Timmney, 4 pound, single stage trigger in it.

After my last visit to the range, I took it apart to clean it. When finished, I reassembled it and did a function check. The trigger didn't work. Being new to this, I thought, "ok, what have I done now?" Then I noticed the hole where the trigger pin should have been. The trigger pin was on the floor, beside my chair.

After speaking with a few friends whose opinions I value, I ordered the KNS Anti Rotation Pins. They'll be here next week. I hope this solves the issue. The rifle hasn't been used since the pin fell out.

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 12:52
Bruce99,

The trigger pin is held in place by the hammer's spring legs.
Check for proper installation of the hammer's spring.

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 13:06

EDIT: Or you want to be pert of the cool club and have an extra $32/shipped to spend on your lower. Once you start putting them in it seems (at least with me) you do it on all of your favorite ARs.

:rofl:So it's now consider a joke if someone has the extra money to spend to add anti rotation pins to their AR that don't hurt anything but only make the receiver a little more perfect. The pins A. stop pins from walking in full auto AR's that get extremely hot B. semi auto's that have been shot too death and the receiver pin holes become a little worn from constant rotation. If the pins in a person's AR never walk there's still nothing wrong with wanting a piece of mind and never have to worry about a pin walking when needed:upeyes:

I guess it was a waste of money that I added rubber O-Ring washers to my 1911 grip screws and when I added a lock washer to my Magpul pistol grip because my PSA lower kit didn't come with one:upeyes:

bruce99
03-13-2012, 13:19
Faawrenchbndr, thanks for the info. I'll check this out when the pins arrive.

Javelin
03-13-2012, 13:39
So it's now consider a joke if someone has the extra money to spend to add anti rotation pins to their AR that don't hurt anything but only make the receiver a little more perfect. The pins A. stop pins from walking in full auto AR's that get extremely hot B. semi auto's that have been shot too death and the receiver pin holes become a little worn from constant rotation. If the pins in a person's AR never walk there's still nothing wrong with wanting a piece of mind and never have to worry about a pin walking when needed:upeyes:

I guess it was a waste of money that I added rubber O-Ring washers to my 1911 grip screws and when I added a lock washer to my Magpul pistol grip because my PSA lower kit didn't come with one:upeyes:

Add a few more upeyes in there. M&P Shooter I wouldn't worry about your S&W blackrifle. The pins walking on your substandard gun are the least of your worries with that rifle and would look at replacing the BCG, gas tube, and buffer before spending a penny on trigger pins.

And as far as getting hot. If your receiver is getting hot when shooting then I guess that's a new one on me. Maybe see a doctor and get rid of it. And FWIW I own 3 Noveske rifles that are on a Form 4 that have KNS pins and yes it is mostly for just because I like the aesthetics.

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 13:54
Add a few more upeyes in there. M&P Shooter I wouldn't worry about your S&W blackrifle. The pins walking on your substandard gun are the least of your worries with that rifle and would look at replacing the BCG, gas tube, and buffer before spending a penny on trigger pins.

And as far as getting hot. If your receiver is getting hot when shooting then I guess that's a new one on me. Maybe see a doctor and get rid of it. And FWIW I own 3 Noveske rifles that are on a Form 4 that have KNS pins and yes it is mostly for just because I like the aesthetics.

:wavey:Yes I will throw my PSA lowers and BCM uppers in the trash ASAP because you don't approve and I'm sorry that I didn't know how awesome you really are. I just hope I can one day be like you instead of the loser I am. Thank you for straightening me out:upeyes: <-----:tongueout:

I don't own a S&W AR rifle. All my AR's are PSA lowers with BCM uppers with DD BCG's & BCM CH's My screen name refers to my old duty weapon when I worked for Brinks Inc.

pag23
I am too much of an amateur to use the pins..... lol..

MD357
Uh oh..... 3 Noveskes on form 4.... you'd better listen M&P. He's obviously superior.

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133104653437.jpg

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 14:24
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/Joeamberg45/moviecamp2-1.jpg

pag23
03-13-2012, 14:29
It must be a Cowboys vs Eagles thing.....

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 14:35
It must be a Cowboys vs Eagles thing.....
I'm just having fun, I don't get mad when someone gets out of line and insults fly on a internet forum. I'm 42 and have learned to laugh at everything after driving a city transit bus through Philadelphia over a year now. I have been insulted on levels you can't imagine:supergrin: It's all fun on GT and good info in between:wavey:

pag23
03-13-2012, 14:43
Haha... working for Septa!! I use the regional rail when going into the city. I am surprised they don't let you carry at work considering the one bus that got shot up last year by those 2 idiots that were captured on tape... Thats why I carry my G23.

Go be a train conductor less idiots and people that double park on Broad St.

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 14:58
Holy Mother of John Moses Browning! :wow:

You're a City Transit bus driver in Phily?!
That has to be a more thankless job that LEO!

We appreciate ya doing a job most can not/will not do! :thumbsup:

M&P Shooter
03-13-2012, 15:23
Holy Mother of John Moses Browning! :wow:

You're a City Transit bus driver in Phily?!
That has to be a more thankless job that LEO!

We appreciate ya doing a job most can not/will not do! :thumbsup:
The things we put up with to feed the kids:crying:

pgg00
03-13-2012, 15:25
I have them on a couple rifles. One thing I've noticed is they really help with a more consistant trigger pull. Makes it alot cleaner.

faawrenchbndr
03-13-2012, 15:25
I hear ya Brother!

pgg00
03-13-2012, 15:34
I've let several other officers handle my patrol rifle. Since trying it they have been switching theirs to the same trigger and the anti roll pins. I still have my original Colt 6920 rifle and bring it out every once in a while. Its amazing how nasty that trigger is compared to my built rifle.

Javelin
03-13-2012, 16:29
Uh oh..... 3 Noveskes on form 4.... you'd better listen M&P. He's obviously superior.

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133104653437.jpg

You are such a troll MD357.

So since we are trolling... Yeah and another 8 or so ARs beyond that.

And your little Colt w/ MOE furniture sucks too.

So suck it.

:tongueout:

That should help your usual Page #2 Pissing Match that you normally instigate on every damn thread you post in.

Javelin
03-13-2012, 16:29

I like it. :thumbsup:

MD357
03-13-2012, 23:04
You are such a troll MD357.

So since we are trolling... Yeah and another 8 or so ARs beyond that.

Not really trolling, just call people out on their BS per my amusement. But by all means, continue berating him as there's SO much integrity in attempting to insult a working man's ARs over KNS pin opinions.

Cheers. :cool:

bmoore
03-14-2012, 09:34
Not really trolling, just call people out on their BS per my amusement. But by all means, continue berating him as there's SO much integrity in attempting to insult a working man's ARs over KNS pin opinions.

Dude you have 3,000+ posts. You should know by now that anytime you call someone out on garbage you will be called a troll.

Javelin
03-14-2012, 09:55

A working man's AR?

I'd be willing to bet you or that other dude have ever used an AR for anything other than a "fun day at the range".

Berating him? Re-read the ****ing comments and tell me who berates who you damn troll. I merely mention that I had 3 sets of KNS pins on select Noveske rifles and you guys want to move into BSing about Noveske rifles like a bunch of asshats.

So I will give you fodder to shoot and will berate you. I don't care what you idiots do with $30. That wouldn't even pay for dinner last night.

Get a damn life and stop your piss fights on page 2 of every thread you jump into.

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 10:17

Now that was funny :rofl:

Javelin
03-14-2012, 10:46
Now that was funny :rofl:

Yeah. It is funny. Exactly what I would expect from the folks that infested this forum.

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 11:25
This is much better than Comedy Central,.........:rofl:

MD357
03-14-2012, 12:17
A working man's AR?

Meaning.... he works hard to pay for what he has and you're worried about what tier it's on.

Berating him? Re-read the ****ing comments and tell me who berates who you damn troll. I merely mention that I had 3 sets of KNS pins on select Noveske rifles and you guys want to move into BSing about Noveske rifles like a bunch of asshats.

Don't forget.... they were on form 4. That's obviously important.

mvician
03-14-2012, 13:23
I see some things never change around here :supergrin:

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 13:33
Yeah. It is funny. Exactly what I would expect from the folks that infested this forum.

Well when you insult others firearms, start name dropping on how money money your ARs cost, brag about how much you spend on dinner you come across as a pompous jerk. Rather you are or not that it what you make it appear as. I think that is why you receive the reaction you do.

This is somewhat unique to this sub forum IMO, other sub forums don't seem to have this crud going on. I would suggest you read thru the 1911 forum if you don't now. A number of 1911s cost more than these ARs do and those 1911 live happily along side $400 1911s in that forum. Not sure why that can not seem to happen here :dunno:

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 14:26
Unless you have one of these,.........

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/ColtM16lower-editedsn.jpg

Ya just have a plinker! :tongueout:

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 15:26

:wow:

Is that a random picture off the internet, or is that actually in your collection?

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 16:03
Not a random pic,........it's on my bench. :supergrin:
Well, was. It's now in a friend's vault at his shop.
I do not have the proper safe for this.

Dang photobucket, looks like I blurred the AR15 a bit. :faint:

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 16:07
Not a random pic,........it's on my bench. :supergrin:
Well, was. It's now in a friend's vault at his shop.
I do not have the proper safe for this.

Dang photobucket, looks like I blurred the AR15 a bit. :faint:

Damn, I'm impressed. Don't see too many of those around.

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 16:10
It's just a paperweight without the proper parts. :supergrin:

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 16:11
It's just a paperweight without the proper parts. :supergrin:

Without parts, it's a very interesting piece of history.

WITH parts, it's a very FUN piece of history - especially if someone else is providing ammo.

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 16:14
Yep,........but the parts are seemingly impossible to locate.
I have a few years to look for them,,........I'm a patient guy. :supergrin:

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 16:21
Yep,........but the parts are seemingly impossible to locate.
I have a few years to look for them,,........I'm a patient guy. :supergrin:

Looking for period accurate parts or something?

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 16:24
Yes,........period correctparts, finish & patina

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 16:33

Oof. Yeah, that might be tricky.

M&P Shooter
03-14-2012, 17:32
You have the patients of Carlos Hathcock:supergrin:

humanguerrilla
03-14-2012, 17:36
I like them. I use the dog bone version as an index shelf too. Placebo effect maybe but I agree that they noticeably smooth a trigger.

Javelin
03-14-2012, 17:43

Nice.

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 17:48
I like them. I use the dog bone version as an index shelf too. Placebo effect maybe but I agree that they noticeably smooth a trigger.

Are the dog bone versions still available?

Javelin
03-14-2012, 17:58
Well when you insult others firearms, start name dropping on how money money your ARs cost, brag about how much you spend on dinner you come across as a pompous jerk. Rather you are or not that it what you make it appear as. I think that is why you receive the reaction you do.

This is somewhat unique to this sub forum IMO, other sub forums don't seem to have this crud going on. I would suggest you read thru the 1911 forum if you don't now. A number of 1911s cost more than these ARs do and those 1911 live happily along side $400 1911s in that forum. Not sure why that can not seem to happen here :dunno:

Either read the damn thread how it happened or shut the hell up. It's on page #1... or you can just claim that I talk about my "money money guns". I'm not going go quoting because you are a big boy and can read for yourself.

I own and shoot what I talk about. And at one time we had some really good experts that were really active on here but they left because the pissing matches in this forum became ridiculous. The folks that would badger you if you don't believe in the magical budget ARs. Some of them are almost as pathetic as a cardboard cut-out placed over a bastardized 10-22 in 5.56 / and yeah that's about how I feel about it too.

$400 AR sure why not. Brag about spending $30 for dinner out with friends? $30?!?! This is getting thick. We might want to start that subforum. Maybe call that forum "Group Hug".

pag23
03-14-2012, 18:53

Mr Lucky!!! :supergrin:

Javelin.. it is disappointing that some of the experienced knowledgable guys don't post as much or not at all....

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 18:54
Either read the damn thread how it happened or shut the hell up. It's on page #1... or you can just claim that I talk about my "money money guns". I'm not going go quoting because you are a big boy and can read for yourself.

I own and shoot what I talk about. And at one time we had some really good experts that were really active on here but they left because the pissing matches in this forum became ridiculous. The folks that would badger you if you don't believe in the magical budget ARs. Some of them are almost as pathetic as a cardboard cut-out placed over a bastardized 10-22 in 5.56 / and yeah that's about how I feel about it too.

$400 AR sure why not. Brag about spending $30 for dinner out with friends? $30?!?! This is getting thick. We might want to start that subforum. Maybe call that forum "Group Hug".

Angry one aren't you? :rofl:

I guess I got my answer about if you meant to come off as a pompous jerk. Keep "bragging" and "name dropping" about you awesome firearms big guy, we are all getting more impressed as you do so. :tongueout:

You are without a doubt an internet bad mofo :wow:

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 18:59

So that makes you what,.......a troll? :dunno:

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 19:02

Apparently the guards on the bridge abandoned their posts.

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 19:11

Someone who does not like pompous jerks attacking and insulting others based on their choice of firearms brands. If big boys on internet forums can attack others and insult their firearms I would guess they should be able to take it back in kind.

AR snobbery seems to be selective sickness, those with it should treat it :tongueout:

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 19:15
I can understand your point of viBut from the outside of
the "argument" you are making yourself look poorly.

I'm just sayin,........:dunno:

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 19:27
I can understand your point of viBut from the outside of
the "argument" you are making yourself look poorly.

I'm just sayin,........:dunno:

Outside this "argument", yes that is a fair statement.

But this goes beyond this single thread and with my pompous friend in particular he has a habit of insulting anybody's AR he happens to not favor the brand of. When he post that mess publicly as he freely does he open himself up to anybody's opinion, even mine :supergrin:

I am sure he has a ton of knowledge on the subject of ARs more than me for sure. But the way he post his opinion is uncalled for, I have the right to say as much IMO. :wavey:

And that Rambo picture / reply was funny. :)

Javelin
03-14-2012, 20:12
Someone who does not like pompous jerks attacking and insulting others based on their choice of firearms brands. If big boys on internet forums can attack others and insult their firearms I would guess they should be able to take it back in kind.

AR snobbery seems to be selective sickness, those with it should treat it :tongueout:

They apparently don't call it the Black Rifle Disease for nothing sweetie.

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 20:15
They apparently don't call it the Black Rifle Disease for nothing sweetie.

Are you as picky about your women as you are about your ARsl? :tongueout:

Javelin
03-14-2012, 20:18
Are you as picky about your women as you are about your ARsl? :tongueout:

After the first one. I find it is far cheaper to buy & feed ARs.

:couch:

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 20:31

Depends on how picky the woman is, and how often you hit the range!

...or how often she demands you take HER to the range!

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 20:33

Well I would be interested in seeing the "chart" on how you rate you women :supergrin:

I could come up with one as well, except it would only have like 4 categories.....:whistling:

alexanderg23
03-14-2012, 20:53
I think I might get some. Sounds like they might help with some thing and kind of look neat.

Javelin
03-14-2012, 21:10

Well I would be interested in seeing the "chart" on how you rate you women :supergrin:

I could come up with one as well, except it would only have like 4 categories.....:whistling:

My 4 categories would probably be a Texas girl who loves to have fun fishing, camping & shooting. A guy like me I can't ask for much else.

And she likes Noveske rifles too....

http://s9.postimage.org/3qdi9rxil/Noveske_1.jpg

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 21:16
Mmmmmm Noveske!

I have a 21" AR10 barrel hitting my door step tomorrow! Your Texas Girl would be so like,.........:cheerleader:

Javelin
03-14-2012, 21:19
Mmmmmm Noveske!

I have a 21" AR10 barrel hitting my door step tomorrow! Your Texas Girl would be so like,.........:cheerleader:

Sinner.

Ruggles
03-14-2012, 21:40
My 4 categories would probably be a Texas girl who loves to have fun fishing, camping & shooting. A guy like me I can't ask for much else.

And she likes Noveske rifles too....

http://s9.postimage.org/3qdi9rxil/Noveske_1.jpg

I am at the shallow end of the pool on this one, cause I would have to use 3 of my 4 categories on ample "parts" in the build :whistling:

MD357
03-14-2012, 23:23
Angry one aren't you? :rofl:

I guess I got my answer about if you meant to come off as a pompous jerk. Keep "bragging" and "name dropping" about you awesome firearms big guy, we are all getting more impressed as you do so. :tongueout:

It's always been my experience that people that talk down to people, talk big or name drop have little if any substance to back it up.

30K a year internet millionare mentality. :cool:

M&P Shooter
03-15-2012, 02:01

Ya just have a plinker! :tongueout:I have a extra set of Anti walk pins for that lower. Send her over and I will install them for you:tongueout::rofl:

faawrenchbndr
03-15-2012, 06:06
I keep hearing that,.......:supergrin:

Javelin
03-15-2012, 23:11
It's always been my experience that people that talk down to people, talk big or name drop have little if any substance to back it up.

30K a year internet millionare mentality. :cool:

You're right. I have zero experience.

If you want to be jealous of something be jealous of my new bike. Or my good looks. Or maybe my 8" ... silencers.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2165/editedbikepics051.jpg

Leave my poor guns & my apparent 30K/year income out of it. I wish I cared about your feelings by assisting in some internet personality for you to be agreeable with but after 2 tours of combat I just find it trivial to explain my credentials to anyone. Nor will I .

MD357
03-16-2012, 07:09
Well it's all fun and games until someone gets serious and posts a junker 3-series BMW that is as common as a Honda in Texas and........ a Ninja?

Javelin
03-16-2012, 11:03
Well it's all fun and games until someone gets serious and posts a junker 3-series BMW that is as common as a Honda in Texas and........ a Ninja?

You are such a troll MD357. Tell me more.

I'm sorry you don't like my junk car. I realize us working folk cannot all drive Ferrari & Ducati like you MD357. Or have as much experience with black rifles as you MD357. Oh that's right - I forget what exactly is your background with the M4/M16 platform again? You failed to mention it.

As you have been stating for months now that I only have a 30k/year job (pssst. I don't even have a job that pays that) and you have been putting me down about it in almost every thread you troll in.

Aside from the constant personal attacks.

You always circumvent my question of your experience.

What experience do you have in the AR platform? Were trained by .gov or .mil? Have you ever been paid to carry a firearm harms way? Do you have any experience leading Soldiers in Combat?

Are you an armorer? Do you teach carbine classes? Have you ever taken a carbine class - if so taught by who? Are you a certified instructor of any kind (CHL/NRA/IDPA, etc).

I and many others would like to know so at least we have an idea of what you bring to the table in this forum beyond insults and persistent trolling comments.

MD357
03-16-2012, 13:18
To be clear here, I'm not saying you have a 30K a year job. I wasn't describing what you literally make as I could've used any number and I don't really care what you really make. Rather, what I'm saying that you have a mentality of acting much bigger than you are when someone disagrees with you. You can't handle being wrong or different so you want to throw out status constantly. This type menatility applies to all walks of life.

I don't see how I'm trolling, I not knocking those who use KNS pins or those who don't. I only commented when you acted superior..... don't like it? Freakin wah.

I will say I've unintentionally got you on a pretty good hook..... PM'ing me..... posting pics of your "rides" as proof of what I have no idea. Didn't really know you took yourself so seriously after some sarcasm. Now you're demanding me to post my operator status looking for some sort of validation. Sorry kid, I'm not much for pissing contests, not gonna posts stat, pics, or background because it has nothing to do with what I've said on this forum.

JBUS
03-16-2012, 14:34
I'm just having fun, I don't get mad when someone gets out of line and insults fly on a internet forum. I'm 42 and have learned to laugh at everything after driving a city transit bus through Philadelphia over a year now. I have been insulted on levels you can't imagine:supergrin: It's all fun on GT and good info in between:wavey:

Wow...driving a city transit bus through Philly?? Seriously, I bet you have funnier and more interesting stories than my fiancee' and I who've been working the streets in a patrol car for 9 and 7 years....

JBUS
03-16-2012, 14:38
Nevermind.......

Javelin
03-16-2012, 16:07
To be clear here, I'm not saying you have a 30K a year job. I wasn't describing what you literally make as I could've used any number and I don't really care what you really make. Rather, what I'm saying that you have a mentality of acting much bigger than you are when someone disagrees with you. You can't handle being wrong or different so you want to throw out status constantly. This type menatility applies to all walks of life.

I don't see how I'm trolling, I not knocking those who use KNS pins or those who don't. I only commented when you acted superior..... don't like it? Freakin wah.

I will say I've unintentionally got you on a pretty good hook..... PM'ing me..... posting pics of your "rides" as proof of what I have no idea. Didn't really know you took yourself so seriously after some sarcasm. Now you're demanding me to post my operator status looking for some sort of validation. Sorry kid, I'm not much for pissing contests, not gonna posts stat, pics, or background because it has nothing to do with what I've said on this forum.

No your not going to get off by saying that you don't look for pissing matches. You don't just look for them. You instigate them, make snide comments, bring it personal. Over and over.

It is becoming a load of BS and if you possess some good solid information or have a solid background then lets see it. Else your empty snide comments are just that.

JBUS
03-19-2012, 17:40
I still haven't decided on anti-walk pins.

I researched on m4carbine and came up with some think they're a waste and hate them. Some think they're good to go for piece of mind.

My LE6920 is for patrol use and is usually deployed at least 1-2 times a night.

I'll keep researching before I decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faawrenchbndr
03-19-2012, 17:56
I still haven't decided on anti-walk pins.

Does your trigger pin rotate in the receiver when the trigger is pulled?
Do you want your pin holes to stay the same size they are now?

WoodenPlank
03-19-2012, 19:27

I'm still not sure how a rotating pin is going to cause the trigger pin holes to egg out over time. if they were walking out the side of the receiver, and you were constantly banging them back in, though, I could understand it.

Any chance you can enlighten me on that one?

Travclem
03-19-2012, 19:59
I'm still not sure how a rotating pin is going to cause the trigger pin holes to egg out over time. if they were walking out the side of the receiver, and you were constantly banging them back in, though, I could understand it.

I'll take a stab at it. The steel pins are substantially harder than the aluminum receiver. When two objects are rubbed together over a long period of time, one of them is going to wear. It's not going to be the harder one.

Are most ARs going to see enough rounds to accomplish this? Probably not.

WoodenPlank
03-19-2012, 20:09
I'll take a stab at it. The steel pins are substantially harder than the aluminum receiver. When two objects are rubbed together over a long period of time, one of them is going to wear. It's not going to be the harder one.

Are most ARs going to see enough rounds to accomplish this? Probably not.

Just seems to me that there shouldn't be enough torque or frequent/fast enough revolutions for this to be an issue, except in the case of full auto.

Travclem
03-19-2012, 20:24
Just seems to me that there shouldn't be enough torque or frequent/fast enough revolutions for this to be an issue, except in the case of full auto.

Seems that way, and I've never seen it happen, but in theory it would be possible.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

faawrenchbndr
03-20-2012, 06:26

Ok

Pin rotates in hole.
Pin rotates in hole with pressure from spring.
Pin rotates in hole with pressure from spring & grit from carbon & lube.
Pin thus elongates receiver hole over numerous rounds fired.

Pin creates an issue to where the only repair is replacement of receiver
or installing over-size pins and fire control group.

faawrenchbndr
03-20-2012, 08:28
Mmmmmm Noveske!

Sinner.

Sweet, sweet Noveske! :drool:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/Noveskepic1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/Noveskepic2.jpg

JBUS
03-20-2012, 10:28

Good questions. More reading I do the more paranoid I become that I'll get into a firefight out in the boonies where I can be at a call for service and my gun will go down.

I stopped reading and sent out a text to my little brother who spent some significant time in Force Recon prior to their disbandment asking about his M4's. He's told me stories of shooting out their barrels etc so I figured he'd have an idea about pins walking etc.

Since he is a dayshift ticket writing, traffic collision retard motor officer now I have to wait for him to finish his coffee and bagel to get a response.

faawrenchbndr
03-20-2012, 10:43

Since he is a dayshift ticket writing, traffic collision retard motor officer now I have to wait for him to finish his coffee and bagel to get a response.

Damn,........that's funny! You sound like my Big Brother! :rofl:

JBUS
03-20-2012, 11:58
Just talked to my lil bro. He's no SME but I take his advice and experience serious.

Per him, issued Colts were serviced monthly as they had very high round counts.

He does not recall having a pin walk on him or seeing it happen to anybody in his team or company.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen but he never saw it.

Javelin
03-20-2012, 12:44
Sweet, sweet Noveske! :drool:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/Noveskepic1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/Noveskepic2.jpg

Is that a Noveske fluted barrel?

How? :shocked:

I know they do special orders. I had them do a special order on my 300BLK in a 10.5" stainless barrel vs the standard 10" because I like the little bit of barrel sticking out from the rails (because it is sexy) but I did not know they had fluted barrel offerings.

faawrenchbndr
03-20-2012, 13:38
Yes Sir,.....special order. :supergrin:

-21" medium contour ss barrel
-1 in 10" twist polygonal rifling
-7.62 Noveske Match Mod 1 chamber
-Extended feed ramps
-Bead blasted finish
-Proprietary length gas system
-Gas tube
-Pinned Low Profile Gas Block
-5/8x24 threads