Missouri OC Bill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Missouri OC Bill

MoneyMaker
03-13-2012, 05:07
Well its a dead bill so i guess all them fellows cant walk around with that hog leg hanging this year:rofl:

xmanhockey7
03-13-2012, 05:38
Sad to see.

failsafe
03-13-2012, 08:48
MO is open carry friendly..Cities can have no OC on their books...Most don't...
Don't know what bill you are referring to..

Angry Fist
03-13-2012, 09:03
Yes, please elaborate. I can OC in my town, but not others around here.

F350
03-13-2012, 09:36
Dang you mean I was breaking the law all those years I OCed in Missouri and walked past LEO who didn't know they could arrest me?????? GOOOOOOOLIE!!!

For your edification (look that up in you Funk & Funk & Wagnalls) originally it was a bill to extend state preemption to open carry, so municipalities could not ban OC. Guess the atemt to make @s out of Missourians kinda backfired on ya pal.

shockglock
03-13-2012, 11:26
Correct me if I'm wrong, but MO is an open carry state. But municipalities can enact laws to ban open carry within their city limits.

TX expat
03-13-2012, 12:22
Correct me if I'm wrong, but MO is an open carry state. But municipalities can enact laws to ban open carry within their city limits.

That is correct.

redbaron007
03-13-2012, 12:41

That is correct.

TX expat is correct.

MM is anti-open carrying, as you can see by his post; so anytime OC is defeated, celebration is the norm. He's (if you are a male) a true patriot for the 2A. :faint:

There were a couple of bills pre-empting political subdivisions from regulating OC; one was ammended, to be a 'flash bill', virtually dead. The other is a Senate bill that is laying in wait.

:wavey:

red

MoneyMaker
03-13-2012, 13:14
Missouri is a OC state but each municapality governs this action,So about 1/2 the state is not OC,Some fellow was really trying hard to impress alot of folks and trying to get PRE EMPTION BILL to pass so that each city could not govern OC anymore,I am so glad i dont have to see all these cowboys and fat bald men with a 6 inch gun strapped to there leg isnt going to take place.Maybe now all the Starbuck meet and great group hug and pictures will stop,Tried telling them that would not work.And where is the NRA for these guys????????????? Oh i forgot to tell them NRA is not for OC in any state,so think about that when they want you to reup your membership.Dont think i am telling the truth,Call there headqaurters and ask if they support and will fight in Congress for Open Carry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoneyMaker
03-13-2012, 13:16
Originally Posted by failsafehttp://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18704511#post18704511)

You sir are incorrect,GO Open Carry thru Arnold,Missouri or CIty of St.Louis and see where you get to go.

xmanhockey7
03-13-2012, 14:31
Missouri is a OC state but each municapality governs this action,So about 1/2 the state is not OC,Some fellow was really trying hard to impress alot of folks and trying to get PRE EMPTION BILL to pass so that each city could not govern OC anymore,I am so glad i dont have to see all these cowboys and fat bald men with a 6 inch gun strapped to there leg isnt going to take place.Maybe now all the Starbuck meet and great group hug and pictures will stop,Tried telling them that would not work.And where is the NRA for these guys????????????? Oh i forgot to tell them NRA is not for OC in any state,so think about that when they want you to reup your membership.Dont think i am telling the truth,Call there headqaurters and ask if they support and will fight in Congress for Open Carry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would you feel about the same cities being able to do that with concealed carry? Sad to see people who should be pro 2A who are actually anti.

MoneyMaker
03-13-2012, 15:37
In my occupation i can carry regardless,Maybe though the youtube and picture takers will take a different approach if they wanna get something valuable to them passed

Angry Fist
03-13-2012, 17:11
Nobody I personally knows even gives a **** about OC. I have done it a few times, for the hell of it, and never even got a glance. There are more carriers around here than I ever imagined. By default, OC is legal, and a town has to pass a law to make it illegal, even then it's only a misdemeanor, IIRC.

shockglock
03-13-2012, 17:48
I personally don't care to open carry. I would much rather not have everyone know that I carry. To each their own, I am not against just wouldn't do it.

Caver 60
03-13-2012, 19:47
I'd like to see the whole state be OC, even though I probably wouldn't do it myself unless I had just came in from hunting or something. I was in my local Burger King the other night and a guy was OC-ing a 1911, condition one. Nobody paid any attention to him.

slickt0mmy
03-13-2012, 20:09
Moneymaker, didn't you hijack a thread in the past few weeks about this very topic? We get it. You don't like open carriers who feel the need to point out that they open carry. For the record, I'm not a big fan either. I'd rather everyone just go about their business like it's not big deal...because it really isn't.

But it's becoming more and more evident by the tone of your posts that you're here for no other reason than to ruffle feathers. The internet cool-cats call that a "troll". That, combined with your complete destruction of the English language in every posting (which is just icing on the cake, really) leads me to believe you really have nothing of value to offer to this board. Have a good life, sir.

*adds to ignore list*

Ah....peace and quiet. :upeyes:

rockapede
03-13-2012, 21:29
In my occupation i can carry regardless,Maybe though the youtube and picture takers will take a different approach if they wanna get something valuable to them passed

If you really are a cop, you do the rest of us a disservice by having this attitude. We catch enough crap for stupid stuff that we don't need somebody doing the "neener neener! Look what I can do!"

Do I personally think OC is silly? Sure. Should it be legal? Absolutely, IMO.

failsafe
03-14-2012, 04:07
Originally Posted by failsafehttp://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18704511#post18704511)

You sir are incorrect,GO Open Carry thru Arnold,Missouri or CIty of St.Louis and see where you get to go.

I said, that Cities could not allow OC...

RussP
03-14-2012, 04:51
In my occupation i can carry regardless,Maybe though the youtube and picture takers will take a different approach if they wanna get something valuable to them passedWhat is your occupation? Last you posted about work you were downsized out of a job and were looking...i really wanna try a OWB by Seth gun holsters for my glock 23 but unemployed and just cant swing the $125 right nowJust so everyone knows your intentions with some of your threads, here are your own words...Really never looked to see wrote you even wrote to tell the truth.See none of this overkill make believe crap that gets posted dont really do nothing for me except entertains me when i get bored,So i get to play the role of a TROLL:rofl:bwahahahahahaaha boy i seen more in my 50 years then you can imagine,like i said i use these forums for enterainment,but you did not answer my question,I can CCW can you?:rofl:

MoneyMaker
03-14-2012, 05:30
RussP dont think i need to tell folks what i really do sir!!!!And you are correct,I get enterainment from the internet as that its purpose,I dont take all of this rambo and tough guy stuff serious like the others.Carry on and have fun gents.

TX expat
03-14-2012, 10:13
RussP dont think i need to tell folks what i really do sir!!!!

Translated: I'm not a cop; but I play one on the internets.

xmanhockey7
03-14-2012, 10:17

I loled

RussP
03-14-2012, 10:25
RussP dont think i need to tell folks what i really do sir!!!!"what I really do," that's an interesting way of responding. And you are correct,I get enterainment from the internet as that its purpose,As we all do, but I was more focused on this admission......So i get to play the role of a TROLL:rofl:I dont take all of this rambo and tough guy stuff serious like the others.Carry on and have fun gents.Goodbye.

Presscheck40
03-14-2012, 10:43
Who would want to open carry anyway? Why not just carry a neon sign saying look I have a weapon. I am LEO and in all my years have never open carried when off duty. It puts you in a tactical disadvantage before you even get into the fight or in a lot of cases not to get into the fight and just be a good witness. What has anyone proved if they are the first one shot because turd saw you had a weapon and shot you just for safe measures. But just my opinion. Be safe thank smart put yourself in a tactical advantage. But laws are voted on for a reason so put it to the vote and let one each his own.

Presscheck40

MoneyMaker
03-14-2012, 11:39

No sir not a public servent.Never had the interest

xmanhockey7
03-14-2012, 11:42
Who would want to open carry anyway? Why not just carry a neon sign saying look I have a weapon. I am LEO and in all my years have never open carried when off duty. It puts you in a tactical disadvantage before you even get into the fight or in a lot of cases not to get into the fight and just be a good witness. What has anyone proved if they are the first one shot because turd saw you had a weapon and shot you just for safe measures. But just my opinion. Be safe thank smart put yourself in a tactical advantage. But laws are voted on for a reason so put it to the vote and let one each his own.

Presscheck40
Do you have a cite for a situation where an open carrier was the first shot during a robbery? I have some saying that because the robber saw someone OCing they didn't rob the place or commit whatever crime they were planning on.

Presscheck40
03-14-2012, 12:20
Number 1 case and point.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news/2011/dec/03/1/teen-homicide-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/

And number 2. Case in Point:
On June 9, 2010 a 34-year-old open carrier from Milwaukee, Wisconsin found out the hard way that walking around with an openly displayed handgun is no deterrent to a determined criminal. The man, who routinely openly carried his handgun in the neighborhood, was robbed at gunpoint, and as a television reporter noted, now the robber has two guns.

And I'm sure there are MANY MANY more.

Presscheck40

TX expat
03-14-2012, 12:27
I don't OC either, for those very reasons. Mostly because I would just rather not have anyone know that I am carrying.

On the other hand, I certainly see no reason to cheer any OC legislation defeats. Sure there are always a few who have to go make a point of pushing the boundaries of the laws and those folks usually just make it harder for the normal folk. I'm not going to cheer for any gun legislation when it limits our right to carry though, that's a fairly narrow-minded view and overall just counterproductive.

Presscheck40
03-14-2012, 12:32
I Totally agree. I just hope those that do open carry train and have decent holsters with retention. Best of luck to them just hope they are safe with it and think about every aspect of taking on the responsibility.

Presscheck40

RussP
03-14-2012, 12:44
Number 1 case and point.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news/2011/dec/03/1/teen-homicide-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/

On June 9, 2010 a 34-year-old open carrier from Milwaukee, Wisconsin found out the hard way that walking around with an openly displayed handgun is no deterrent to a determined criminal. The man, who routinely openly carried his handgun in the neighborhood, was robbed at gunpoint, and as a television reporter noted, now the robber has two guns.

Presscheck40Here's the link for Presscheck40's Case 2...http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

I doubt "there are MANY MANY more." We would have had someone posting about them, for one reason or another.

redbaron007
03-14-2012, 15:08

Presscheck40

Since CCW is a privilege in most states; what would be your response if MO decided to remove CCW as pre-emptive?

Just because you are not capable of OCing doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to OC. :dunno:

red

failsafe
03-14-2012, 16:13
I have a MO CCW permit and have since it's inception..The town I live in has no rules against OC..Jeeze, KC Mo , has no opposition to OC...
Do I ? ...Nope !!.
Would I ??..Nope

The term, "man with a gun " call to the police from some uninformed citizen, would be a hassle to me...

Angry Fist
03-14-2012, 17:39
I have a MO CCW permit and have since it's inception..The town I live in has no rules against OC..Jeeze, KC Mo , has no opposition to OC...
Do I ? ...Nope !!.
Would I ??..Nope

The term, "man with a gun " call to the police from some uninformed citizen, would be a hassle to me...
KCM allows OC? Wow. Never would have thought that.

RussP
03-15-2012, 09:59
redbaron007, there's more to Presscheck40"s position than the post you quoted...Who would want to open carry anyway? Why not just carry a neon sign saying look I have a weapon. I am LEO and in all my years have never open carried when off duty. It puts you in a tactical disadvantage before you even get into the fight or in a lot of cases not to get into the fight and just be a good witness. What has anyone proved if they are the first one shot because turd saw you had a weapon and shot you just for safe measures. But just my opinion. Be safe thank smart put yourself in a tactical advantage. But laws are voted on for a reason so put it to the vote and let one each his own.

Presscheck40Number 1 case and point.

Presscheck40I don't OC either, for those very reasons. Mostly because I would just rather not have anyone know that I am carrying.

On the other hand, I certainly see no reason to cheer any OC legislation defeats. Sure there are always a few who have to go make a point of pushing the boundaries of the laws and those folks usually just make it harder for the normal folk. I'm not going to cheer for any gun legislation when it limits our right to carry though, that's a fairly narrow-minded view and overall just counterproductive.I Totally agree. I just hope those that do open carry train and have decent holsters with retention. Best of luck to them just hope they are safe with it and think about every aspect of taking on the responsibility.

Presscheck40Since CCW is a privilege in most states; what would be your response if MO decided to remove CCW as pre-emptive?

Just because you are not capable of OCing doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to OC. :dunno:

redI'm puzzled by your comment, "Just because you are not capable of OCing..." I believe he's capable, just chooses not to for the reasons he stated.

I'll add one more reason, and it's why I do not OC when socializing with cops who are off duty. Someone they may have arrested before might not recognize them out of uniform, however, the sight of a firearm may be the connection the bad guy needs to realize "That's the cop who put me in prison." Then bad things might happen.

RussP
03-15-2012, 10:10
In my occupation i can carry regardless
What is your occupation? Last you posted about work you were downsized out of a job and were looking...RussP dont think i need to tell folks what i really do sir!!!!Translated: I'm not a cop; but I play one on the internets.No sir not a public servent.Never had the interest
Well, MoneyMaker, I've done some research, asked members in LE in Missouri (Missouri LE: What occupation allows concealed carry w/o a ccw endorsement? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1408432)), but cannot find an occupation outside of law enforcement that exempts someone from carrying without a Missouri CCW Endorsement.

Could be it's some obscure exemption buried in the laws somewhere? How about posting a link to that part of Missouri law granting your exemption. Give me the ammo to go educate some cops about the laws in their own state!!

Thanks

Edited to Add: Perhaps I should have asked, "Which of your jobs allow you to carry without a CCW Endorsement?"Well i am gonna have to take what looks like 2 or 3 part time jobs and seeing there is just not much out there in the way of jobs for full time and with healthcare i am gonna get either a police trade in G27 unless i see a used G26 but they seem hard to find and just ankle carry the gun,Its not my 1st pick on how to carry but its gonna beat nothing when i am out at all times of the night working part time crap jobs until i can find a full time job.Sucks being close to 50 years old and having to start all over at this time in a persons life,Hell nobody wants to hire you.Best of luck finding something full time.:thumbsup:

Angry Fist
03-15-2012, 15:16
Busted! :whistling:

G30Mike
03-16-2012, 01:20
:rofl:
Moneymaker at it again....he's quite the persistent troll....:banghead:

redbaron007
03-16-2012, 06:43
redbaron007, there's more to Presscheck40"s position than the post you quoted...I'm puzzled by your comment, "Just because you are not capable of OCing..." I believe he's capable, just chooses not to for the reasons he stated.

I'll add one more reason, and it's why I do not OC when socializing with cops who are off duty. Someone they may have arrested before might not recognize them out of uniform, however, the sight of a firearm may be the connection the bad guy needs to realize "That's the cop who put me in prison." Then bad things might happen.

My comment was based upon his worries and 'what ifs' that prevents him from OCing; then criticizing those who do OC, based upon his fears. Maybe part of his concerns flows from him being LEO, I don’t know. I have several LEO who won’t OC; one or two who do.

If he chooses or anyone else chooses not to do something because of the risk; then, in essence, they prevent themselves from doing it, making them incapable to do whatever. This is fine. I like to fly airplanes....however, I cannot grasp the concept of jumping out of a perfectly good flying machine and rely on bedsheets and twine to land on the ground, (a little humor), subsequently, limiting myself on skydiving, I don't. However, I don't despise/criticize those who do; in fact applaud them.

The concerns and 'what ifs' he spouts prevent him from OCing. I don't OC all the time; mainly because of where I'm going. I don't have anything against someone who doesn't OC, that is their choice. If one who doesn’t OC want to give me all the reasons as to why they don't, this too is fine; however, PC40 seems to belittle those who do, mainly because of his own fears; therefore, making himself incapable to do it.

On another topic, unfortunately, his comments regarding proper training and holsters resonates from the anti-gun crowd when they see the 2A being practiced. When they are beginning to lose the 2A argument for CCW/OC, this mantra is espoused in an attempt to retain as much control as they can. Why is it when the 2A is being exercised, one has to have training/holsters/certifications to practice it? Where are these same classes/training/certifications for the 1A?....Just my $.02…ymmv

red

unit1069
03-16-2012, 06:46
I personally don't care to open carry. I would much rather not have everyone know that I carry. To each their own, I am not against just wouldn't do it.

Yeah, I don't care to advertise myself as the first target to any disturbed psycho determined to create a mass murder.

RussP
03-16-2012, 11:03
My comment was based upon his worries and 'what ifs' that prevents him from OCing; then criticizing those who do OC, based upon his fears. Maybe part of his concerns flows from him being LEO, I don’t know. I have several LEO who won’t OC; one or two who do.

The concerns and 'what ifs' he spouts prevent him from OCing. I don't OC all the time; mainly because of where I'm going. I don't have anything against someone who doesn't OC, that is their choice. If one who doesn’t OC want to give me all the reasons as to why they don't, this too is fine; however, PC40 seems to belittle those who do, mainly because of his own fears; therefore, making himself incapable to do it.What exactly in his posts do you believe belittles, criticizes those of us who open carry?

You say his worries, what-ifs and fears prevents him from open carrying and he uses them to justify his criticism and belittlement of OCers.

What prevents you from open carrying when you say this? "I don't OC all the time; mainly because of where I'm going." When you make the decision to not OC, what influences you?

If he chooses or anyone else chooses not to do something because of the risk; then, in essence, they prevent themselves from doing it, making them incapable to do whatever. This is fine. I like to fly airplanes....however, I cannot grasp the concept of jumping out of a perfectly good flying machine and rely on bedsheets and twine to land on the ground, (a little humor), subsequently, limiting myself on skydiving, I don't. However, I don't despise/criticize those who do; in fact applaud them.
On another topic, unfortunately, his comments regarding proper training and holsters resonates from the anti-gun crowd when they see the 2A being practiced. When they are beginning to lose the 2A argument for CCW/OC, this mantra is espoused in an attempt to retain as much control as they can. Why is it when the 2A is being exercised, one has to have training/holsters/certifications to practice it? Where are these same classes/training/certifications for the 1A?....Just my $.02…ymmvWhen you say you "don't despise/criticize those who do," are you saying Presscheck40 despises OCers?

Interesting you use the flying analogy. I feel the same way. I am, well, was, very passionate about flying, about flight, yet I have never had the inclination to voluntarily jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Let's stay with flight for a moment. Do you know many self-taught pilots? Do you know many pilots who fly planes without basic safety and communication equipment? Would you?

What about Presscheck40's statements after he voiced his opinions when he said to be safe, think smart, put yourself in a tactical advantage, and where he wishes best of luck to those who OC, hopes they will train and use retention holsters and think about every aspect of taking on the responsibility of open carrying.

Just before he said that, he totally agreed with this post by TX expat:I don't OC either, for those very reasons. Mostly because I would just rather not have anyone know that I am carrying.

On the other hand, I certainly see no reason to cheer any OC legislation defeats. Sure there are always a few who have to go make a point of pushing the boundaries of the laws and those folks usually just make it harder for the normal folk. I'm not going to cheer for any gun legislation when it limits our right to carry though, that's a fairly narrow-minded view and overall just counterproductive.I Totally agree.

Presscheck40

redbaron007
03-16-2012, 19:58

Presscheck40

What exactly in his posts do you believe belittles, criticizes those of us who open carry?

You say his worries, what-ifs and fears prevents him from open carrying and he uses them to justify his criticism and belittlement of OCers.

Who would want to open carry anyway? Why not just carry a neon sign saying look I have a weapon. Sounds a little critical of OCers.

What prevents you from open carrying when you say this? "I don't OC all the time; mainly because of where I'm going." When you make the decision to not OC, what influences you?

Usually my job; then prohibited places, i.e. courthouses.

When you say you "don't despise/criticize those who do," are you saying Presscheck40 despises OCers? Nope, didn't recall saying that about him.

Interesting you use the flying analogy. I feel the same way. I am, well, was, very passionate about flying, about flight, yet I have never had the inclination to voluntarily jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Let's stay with flight for a moment. Do you know many self-taught pilots? Actually, I knew a crop duster in Alabama who said they taught themselves. Don't know if he even had a license.

Do you know many pilots who fly planes without basic safety and communication equipment? Would you? Nope, When did flying become a right?

What about Presscheck40's statements after he voiced his opinions when he said to be safe, think smart, put yourself in a tactical advantage, and where he wishes best of luck to those who OC, hopes they will train and use retention holsters and think about every aspect of taking on the responsibility of open carrying.

Sounds like he went around the world; played both sides.

Just before he said that, he totally agreed with this post by TX expat:

red

RussP
03-16-2012, 21:17
What exactly in his posts do you believe belittles, criticizes those of us who open carry?

You say his worries, what-ifs and fears prevents him from open carrying and he uses them to justify his criticism and belittlement of OCers. Who would want to open carry anyway? Why not just carry a neon sign saying look I have a weapon.Sounds a little critical of OCers.

What prevents you from open carrying when you say this? "I don't OC all the time; mainly because of where I'm going." When you make the decision to not OC, what influences you? Usually my job; then prohibited places, i.e. courthouses.So other than work restrictions and prohibited places, you open carry anywhere and everywhere else?When you say you "don't despise/criticize those who do," are you saying Presscheck40 despises OCers? Nope, didn't recall saying that about him.Okay, I thought since you said previously he belittles and criticizes OCers, that by adding despise/criticize, you were implying so. Glad you made that clear.Interesting you use the flying analogy. I feel the same way. I am, well, was, very passionate about flying, about flight, yet I have never had the inclination to voluntarily jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Let's stay with flight for a moment. Do you know many self-taught pilots? Actually, I knew a crop duster in Alabama who said they taught themselves. Don't know if he even had a license. I knew a crop duster in NC who was self taught, too. He took me up on my first flight over 50 years ago.Do you know many pilots who fly planes without basic safety and communication equipment? Would you?Nope, When did flying become a right?Never said flying is a Right. Just asked if you'd fly without proper equipment to insure your safety.What about Presscheck40's statements after he voiced his opinions when he said to be safe, think smart, put yourself in a tactical advantage, and where he wishes best of luck to those who OC, hopes they will train and use retention holsters and think about every aspect of taking on the responsibility of open carrying.Sounds like he went around the world; played both sides.I took it to mean he has his opinions, yet he recognizes others have their opinions, too, especially when you add in his agreement with TX expat's post...Just before he said that, he totally agreed with this post by TX expat:I don't OC either, for those very reasons. Mostly because I would just rather not have anyone know that I am carrying.

On the other hand, I certainly see no reason to cheer any OC legislation defeats. Sure there are always a few who have to go make a point of pushing the boundaries of the laws and those folks usually just make it harder for the normal folk. I'm not going to cheer for any gun legislation when it limits our right to carry though, that's a fairly narrow-minded view and overall just counterproductive.I Totally agree.

Presscheck40

Warp
03-16-2012, 22:33
Number 1 case and point.

Presscheck40

"MANY MANY" more? Probably not.

I pay attention for these types of things, as do many other son this forum, and have for many years.

I can count the instances I have heard about, over the years, on one hand.

No choice is ever 100%. I don't see a very small number of incidents like the above any different than the antis pointing out the licensed carriers who go off and shoot people in road rage incidents, or shoot police officers. Yes, it happens, but all things considered the positive FAR outweighs the negative.

Presscheck40
03-17-2012, 05:02
Guys let me start off with saying if you read my response you will see it says this is just my OPINION and this is why "I" do not do it. Seems like a few have gotten very defensive and have tried to justify why they do exercise their right to OC. It does not matter to me one way or another do as you please all I'm saying is be safe with it and realize there is added responsibility that comes along with your choice to OC.

Presscheck40

TX expat
03-17-2012, 06:43
He never stated that it was a common issue with OC. Someone asked him to provide any evidence that it had happened, and he did. I'm sure there are other examples of that sort of issue, most won't make it out of their local paper, if they get mentioned at all. Doesn't mean anyone thinks you shouldn't OC. Nobody here, other than MM (who we must now assume is out on another secret mission, stealthily carrying his cap gun sans CCW permit) is against the right to OC. Like Presscheck, I believe if you are going to do it, you need to act responsible because it won't just be your rights that get infringed if you act irresponsible; it will be everyones.

oldsoldier
03-17-2012, 07:16
OC is legal where I live in MO but I have never open carried off my own property. I think there should be a statewide preemption allowing it in all cities just to end the confusion.

RussP
03-17-2012, 07:17
Pretty much sums things up...Guys let me start off with saying if you read my response you will see it says this is just my OPINION and this is why "I" do not do it. Seems like a few have gotten very defensive and have tried to justify why they do exercise their right to OC. It does not matter to me one way or another do as you please all I'm saying is be safe with it and realize there is added responsibility that comes along with your choice to OC.

Presscheck40

He never stated that it was a common issue with OC. Someone asked him to provide any evidence that it had happened, and he did. I'm sure there are other examples of that sort of issue, most won't make it out of their local paper, if they get mentioned at all. Doesn't mean anyone thinks you shouldn't OC. Nobody here, other than MM (who we must now assume is out on another secret mission, stealthily carrying his cap gun sans CCW permit) is against the right to OC. Like Presscheck, I believe if you are going to do it, you need to act responsible because it won't just be your rights that get infringed if you act irresponsible; it will be everyones.That's the message, one I've been advocating for more than a few years: "Open carry responsibly, and only when and where appropriate. The 'when' and the 'where' differ from person to person, state to state, situation to situation."

Here is a related piece in this morning's Law Enforcement Today. First, read the authors Profile: Bruce Bremer (http://lawenforcementtoday.com/members/cposubs/profile/)

The article: To Open Carry or Not To Open Carry (http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2012/03/17/to-open-carry-or-not-to-open-carry/)

Presscheck40
03-17-2012, 07:25
Pretty much sums things up...That's the message, one I've been advocating for more than a few years: "Open carry responsibly, and only when and where appropriate. The 'when' and the 'where' differ from person to person, state to state, situation to situation."

Here is a related piece in this morning's Law Enforcement Today. First, read the authors Profile: Bruce Bremer (http://lawenforcementtoday.com/members/cposubs/profile/)

The article: To Open Carry or Not To Open Carry (http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2012/03/17/to-open-carry-or-not-to-open-carry/)

I do not see a single thing I disagree with. I like the "Just because you own a car, it doesn't mean that you know how to drive it the same applies to firearms." Too true.

Presscheck40

Angry Fist
03-17-2012, 12:04
OC is legal where I live in MO but I have never open carried off my own property. I think there should be a statewide preemption allowing it in all cities just to end the confusion.
I agree. There is a time and place for OC. We should at least be free do do as we please concerning carrying.

redbaron007
03-17-2012, 20:04
So other than work restrictions and prohibited places, you open carry anywhere and everywhere else? Just about....when I can carry. During the winter, it is more difficult with the clothing, but yes. OCd today. Beautiful day!

Okay, I thought since you said previously he belittles and criticizes OCers, that by adding despise/criticize, you were implying so. Glad you made that clear.

I knew a crop duster in NC who was self taught, too. He took me up on my first flight over 50 years ago. Mine was about 30 years ago...skimmed across the intercoastal waterway...made me a tad nervous. :supergrin:

Never said flying is a Right. Just asked if you'd fly without proper equipment to insure your safety. Well, the first time I flew, I wasn't sure what was proper equipment. The flying is the easy part, it's those abrupt stops you have to plan against.

I took it to mean he has his opinions, yet he recognizes others have their opinions, too, especially when you add in his agreement with TX expat's post...
I took his comments to criticize OCers, and then tried to backtrack. As I said earlier, if one doesn't like to OC, that's fine and I respect that. If he wasn't criticizing, then I humbly apologize.

red

infidel66687
03-18-2012, 05:00
This thread could give a Woodpecker a headache.

That being said open carry should be legal everywhere.

CC should also be legal anywhere in the country without a permit.

2A should be our permit. What part of "shall not be infringed upon" don't they understand?

RussP
03-19-2012, 08:39
Well, it looks like MoneyMaker is actively participating in other threads, but not this one. Guess we'll never learn how a citizen can carry concealed without a permit based on their non-LE job(s).

MoneyMaker
03-19-2012, 12:31
Other areas besides LE only that can RussP and its called Private Security,Federal Divisions,EPA,Ect.If you would look beyond a Public Servant(Police Officer) you will find many occupations for your answer,Am i going to tell you what my Past,Current and Future jobs are?No,i just push a broom and clean up spills.

redbaron007
03-19-2012, 13:09
MM is an EPA clean up enforcer! :rofl:

Keep going MM! Your killing us....Saturday Night Live has nuttin on you!! :supergrin:

red

3rdgen40
03-19-2012, 15:47
+1..........(periods added to make this message long enough to post;)

TX expat
03-19-2012, 15:56
Other areas besides LE only that can RussP and its called Mall Cop,Mall Cop Mall Cop,Ect.If you would look beyond a Public Servant(Police Officer) you will find many occupations (Mall Cop)for your answer,Am i going to tell you what my Past(Mall Cop),Current (Mall Cop)and Future (Mall Cop)jobs are?No,i just push a broom and clean up spills.

Here, I fixed this one for you. :supergrin:

G30Mike
03-19-2012, 16:52
Moneymaker.....Whatever school district or old folks home you are a janitor for needs to look at employment applications a bit more.....

Pushing a broom and mopping up puke does actually fit the picture you've painted of yourself, but it won't allow you to CCW without a permit.

You're a sad, sorry little man. If I was a better person, I would generally feel bad for you.