Which would you pick? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which would you pick?

wrestler034
03-13-2012, 16:23
I need a smaller pocket type pistol for the times my Glock 29 is too big. I also have been AR-less/AK-less for the last 5 years or so. My question is would you look for a used lower end AR(.556) and go with a Ruger LCP/Keltec P3aT or would you go with a WASR price range AK74/AK47/Mini-14/Mini-30 with a nicer pocket gun like a Sig P238, Kahr PM9/P380. The pistol would see more use as a carry gun but I cannot decide which direction to go. I will have approx $1100 give or take to spend on this combo. I currently do not have a defensive rifle as they have all become expendable due to more pressing needs over the years. All guns would be purchased used to extend the limited funds as far as possible. I have shot all of the options and really enjoy all of them.

FCastle88
03-13-2012, 16:33
Kahr CM9, functionally the same gun as the PM9 but for almost $200 less. Leaves $600-$700 for a low end AR, depending on if your budget includes tax/FFL fees or not, should even have enough to buy both new.

bikerdog
03-13-2012, 17:17
I would definitely get a high quality pocket gun first. Then get a rifle with what funds allowed. One question i have is Do you have a shot gun already. Because if not on that budget you would probably be better off getting a good shotty

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

bac1023
03-13-2012, 17:22
I'd take the Kahr over the Sig.

wrestler034
03-13-2012, 17:40
Already have the shotgun covered. Every Day Carry is also covered. The pocket pistol would be a sometimes carry.

WarEagle32
03-13-2012, 22:28
I would get an LCP no doubt. I love mine and carry it everywhere I go. With some Hydra shoks in it it will get the job done with the modern designed ammo available these days. Carrying an LCP all the time isn't much bigger than a big pocket knife. As for your other option I think a hi cap semi auto rifle is a must these days as well. AR's at the moment are as cheap as they have been in a long time since makers turned out tons of them to catch up with the panic a while back. If you look you can find a very decent AR for the money you have and get an LCP with it. I do think after the next election there is a chance AR's could shoot back up so I would buy now! Also IMO any AK is worth buying, but I would go with the AR if I were you!

sourdough44
03-14-2012, 03:57
The 'dehorned' LCP fits in the pocket much better than the P238. While overall the p238 is a higher quality gun, I'd go with the LCP for pocket carry. I do have both.