M&P Series [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P Series

sigglockfan357
03-13-2012, 17:32
Mas,

I've held but not shot an M&P 40 fullsize. I like the ergonomics a lot. It seems that many people don't like the trigger and self install after market set up from APEX.

From reading your articles over the years, my take is that self altering a stock pistol could be very bad. What is your opinion as it would relate after a self defense situation with the set up above?

Mas Ayoob
03-13-2012, 19:05
Trigger pull issues related to criminal/civil liability concerns seem to come down more to pull weight vis-a-vis factory spec for duty guns, than anything else.

Call S&W Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-331-0852. Ask for the DUTY TRIGGER spec for pull weight on the M&P. Compare that with the pull weight specified by Apex on whichever of their options interests you. If it's within S&W weight spec, and doesn't have a telekinetic reset or anything, I for one wouldn't worry about it.

Another option would be to order the Pro model, with S&W's own Performance Center-designed M&P trigger enhancement, which as I recall does give a nicer pull but is still within the factory approved duty pull weight range.

Best,
Mas

sigglockfan357
03-20-2012, 16:55
Thank you.