Bcm rifle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bcm rifle

zukyota
03-13-2012, 18:50
I'm thinking about buying a BCM upper & rock river lower. Does anyone here have this setup? If so, are you happy with it & how well does the fit & finish match up?

TunaFisherman
03-13-2012, 19:11
Why would you even want to put a RR lower on BCM upper??
If your looking to save $$$ buy a blemished BCM lower and put in a 2 stage trigger.

woclimit2008
03-13-2012, 19:59
If your looking to save $$$ buy a blemished BCM lower and put in a 2 stage trigger.

This. Like putting a set of $4000 wheels and tires on a 1998 Grand Am with 150,000 miles.

zukyota
03-13-2012, 20:01

I can get a complete rra lower for $325. I would like to buy a complete bcm but can't find the price of them & can't reach them on the phone. Another option is a colt le6920 at a local shop that came with magpull stock & grip . It also has quad rails from colt for $1300.00 out the door. Is this a fair price?

svtpwnz
03-13-2012, 20:41
I can get a complete rra lower for $325. I would like to buy a complete bcm but can't find the price of them & can't reach them on the phone. Another option is a colt le6920 at a local shop that came with magpull stock & grip . It also has quad rails from colt for $1300.00 out the door. Is this a fair price?

You know that you can get a BCM blem lower for $269, a 1st quality BCM lower for $340 and a first quality BCM lower with a Geissele SSA trigger for $505. Just sayin.

Catalina
03-13-2012, 20:58
What makes the RRA lower subpar?

TIA

03-13-2012, 21:17

TIA
It's not. Lowers, generally speaking, are the same. What's much more important is the uppers.

Reb 56
03-13-2012, 21:18

TIA

Can't think of any reason a RRA lower would be any different than most lowers.

03-13-2012, 21:21
People who think putting a RRA lower with a BCM upper is "Like putting a set of $4000 wheels and tires on a 1998 Grand Am with 150,000 miles" are pure Kool-Aid drinkers.

WoodenPlank
03-13-2012, 21:23
So long as the lower is in spec, the parts matter a LOT more than who made the lower - especially your trigger group.

MrMurphy
03-14-2012, 02:54
Nothing particularly wrong with an RRA lower, but a BCM lower isn't much more.

Catalina
03-14-2012, 05:23
While barrel and the front sight parts look ok on my vintage (ban era) RRA I deemed it a good move to swap out the bolt carrier group and rear extension tube. The lower looks ok to my untrained eye - was just wondering if there was some technical weak point in the lower.

And if the OP has the option by all means get Bravo Company parts.

Thanks again.

bullittmcqueen
03-14-2012, 07:17
Not sure why anyone would spend $325 on a RRA lower when you can get a BCM Blem lower from GandRtactical for $269. Nothing against the RRA because i'm sure it functions fine as lowers go....but seriously.....BCM man. Look harder.

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 07:53
I always buy matching upper/lowers when possible.

I bought a blem BCM lower last year, 3800 rounds fired thus far, not a single issue.
As for the blem/s.....I did find a few very small punch marks near the pivot pin.

FatBoy
03-14-2012, 11:02
People who think putting a RRA lower with a BCM upper is "Like putting a set of $4000 wheels and tires on a 1998 Grand Am with 150,000 miles" are pure Kool-Aid drinkers.crack smokers
^^^ There, I fixed it for you:faint:

To the OP:
While, My RR lowers aren't attached to my BCM, the finish doesn't match up well and they have a notoriously tight fit to the uppers I have attached them to. I have had them for a number of years, before Bravo was all the rage, so maybe fit/finish has changed some over time.

RR makes a fine LPK. They only difference I can really think of is RR uses a commercial receiver extension, or at least they use to. Also, the castle nut won't be staked on a RR.

All that being said, get the blem BCM for less $$$.

FB

Nutt51
03-14-2012, 12:07
A+ on the BCM blem or regular, for a few bucks extra.
Nothing bad to say about the other lowers, but
I like mine matched and BCM has great customer service.
If I already had the lower, I'd stick the BCM upper on it
no problem, but if I had a choice, I'd match them up.

pag23
03-14-2012, 18:58
Not sure why anyone would spend $325 on a RRA lower when you can get a BCM Blem lower from GandRtactical for $269. Nothing against the RRA because i'm sure it functions fine as lowers go....but seriously.....BCM man. Look harder.

Follow this advice...get the blemlished lower, if not get the new lower without the stock (you will probably want to change it anyway).

WoodenPlank
03-14-2012, 19:03
You know that you can get a BCM blem lower for $269, a 1st quality BCM lower for $340 and a first quality BCM lower with a Geissele SSA trigger for $505. Just sayin.

Wait, that IS for a complete lower....right?

faawrenchbndr
03-14-2012, 19:07
Yes,.....those are complete lower prices.

woclimit2008
03-14-2012, 19:27
People who think putting a RRA lower with a BCM upper is "Like putting a set of $4000 wheels and tires on a 1998 Grand Am with 150,000 miles" are pure Kool-Aid drinkers.

And those that don't think there is anything different are drinking something "other than kool-aid".

boomhower
03-14-2012, 19:32
Yes,.....those are complete lower prices.

$269 isn't complete, that doesn't include a stock but they will put an M4 stock on for $20 so it's pretty close. They also have a good selection of other stocks, triggers, etc. they will install at no charge.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-C

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

At this point you are getting scary close to just buying the whole BCM deal and being done with it. Midwest Industries is selling the Mod 0 in both midlength and carbine gas systems for $1045.

JK-linux
03-14-2012, 19:59

wingspar
03-14-2012, 21:32
Blemished BCM lower for $269 + $20 for M4 stock with other stock options is cheaper than the RRA lower.

I started out looking at going with RRA complete gun, but ended up buying a Colt 6920 for $995. Normally they are going for $1100 to $1200.

Javelin
03-14-2012, 21:38
Looks like some good deals on BCM lowers.

OP I'd jump on it if you are in the market for a great little shooter on a budget. I seriously doubt the prices will get much lower.

:wavey:

stopatrain
03-14-2012, 22:19
I bought a BCM blem lower for $289 and we could never find the blem. Why buy a RRA.

humanguerrilla
03-15-2012, 08:15
I wouldn't have a problem getting the RRA lower if I wanted the trigger and didn't want to put it together. CMT cuts lowers for RRA, Colt, Stag etc. A lower is a lower but I can bet what you get won't be sloppy. Castle nut not staked? Thwack! Thwack! Solved. I'd swap out a commerical extension anyway so I'd be glad it wasn't. If they locktite instead it would irritate me a little.

From what I gather LAR cuts BCM as well as CMMG, DPMS, Bushmaster, and Noveske. A lower is a lower but I won't buy anything rejected by a company's QC just for the name, no matter how fine they look to someone, no matter how picky the company's QC is thought to be based on the company's gun's reputation, unless it was an amazing deal.

That said I really like BCM and really hate two stage triggers.

svtpwnz
03-15-2012, 08:40
Wait, that IS for a complete lower....right?

Yes, that is for a complete lower with the exception of a stock.

Apetrulis01
03-15-2012, 16:12
I have a rock river lower and a BCM midlenght upper. Started out as a complete RR rifle but wanted a BCM upper for the 1 in 7 barrel and higher quality bolt. The two work great, I use it at work (Deputy) and have one three gun matches shooting the same rifle with the mil spec trigger.

I put 2500 rounds through it without cleaning it or putting oil on it and it was still running. 700 of those rounds were in a week during NRA LE Patrol Rifle Instructor School.

You will not go wrong with the combination. If there is a little play, get an acc-u-wedge.

Adam

WoodenPlank
03-15-2012, 16:20
I have a rock river lower and a BCM midlenght upper. Started out as a complete RR rifle but wanted a BCM upper for the 1 in 7 barrel and higher quality bolt. The two work great, I use it at work (Deputy) and have one three gun matches shooting the same rifle with the mil spec trigger.

I put 2500 rounds through it without cleaning it or putting oil on it and it was still running. 700 of those rounds were in a week during NRA LE Patrol Rifle Instructor School.

You will not go wrong with the combination. If there is a little play, get an acc-u-wedge.

Adam

if there's play in the upper/lower, just learn to live with it. An Accu-wedge causes more issues than it solves.

Nutt51
03-17-2012, 18:41
From what I gather LAR cuts BCM as well as CMMG, DPMS, Bushmaster, and Noveske. A lower is a lower but I won't buy anything rejected by a company's QC just for the name, no matter how fine they look to someone, no matter how picky the company's QC is thought to be based on the company's gun's reputation, unless it was an amazing deal.

------------ This is from a previous post ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BCM blems, are cosmetic only, there is nothing structurally
wrong in any sense, there's just a slight imperfection with the finish or a small mark or scratch. Most times you can't even find it, or it's such a minor flaw, that it hardly even shows. They are as sound and strong as any other BCM lower.
But, to each his own.