Ruger build a PC-40 carbine that takes Glock Mags we will buy!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ruger build a PC-40 carbine that takes Glock Mags we will buy!!

Narkcop
03-13-2012, 20:36
I want Ruger to bring back the PC-40 carbine and for it to take Glock 22 mags. It would fill a perfect niche thats missing.:supergrin:

M2 Carbine
03-13-2012, 21:36
I haven't shot mine in so long I don't remember what magazines it takes.

Cole125
03-13-2012, 21:43
I haven't shot mine in so long I don't remember what magazines it takes.

It takes Ruger P89 magazines I believe.

Yeah Ruger needs to reintroduce those, if they made one in 9mm that took Glock mags I would buy 3!!!

DFin
03-14-2012, 07:47
It Ruger, or someone else, had their act together they would make them to accept Glock mags and make them in the following calibers: 9mm, 357 Sig, .40, .45 acp & 10mm.
Kel-tec makes one that will accept Glock 9mm & .40 mags but the aesthetics turn me off.

grecco
03-14-2012, 07:53
The question is why would Ruger make a carbine to except some one else's mags?
There was a aftermarket option for a while that did mods to the Ruger,
as an alternative check out the Beretta CX storm.

banger
03-14-2012, 08:04
Truthfully, I can't see any MAJOR manufacturer, risking their money and reputation on a competitor's product.

Consider, Ruger manufacturers pistols, rifles and magazines.

All of these products are engineered and tested to be among the most reliable possible.

Now, you want Ruger to risk their customer satisfaction on a product made by Glock.

What happens when Glock changes their magazines (without informing Ruger), or passes along magazines that for some reason work in their pistols but not the Ruger rifles.

Who takes it on the chin?

Glock....No.

Ruger....definitely.

What is every dissatisfied customer going to say....Damned Ruger...They make a POS rifle and charged me decent money for it to boot. I'll NEVER buy another POS Ruger.

In short, I don't see it happening.

M2 Carbine
03-14-2012, 08:29
Ruger magazines are VERY expensive. I know I have 13 Ruger semi autos.

Ruger wouldn't be inclined to make a gun that would use another brands inexpensive magazines.

CMG
03-14-2012, 08:48
The triggers on Ruger's carbines weren't anything you could love, or (because of their design) do much about.

I had a PC9 that Lone Wolf converted to take Glock mags, but it didn't shoot as well as my Marlin Camp 9. Now if Marlin would bring back the Camp 9 for Glock mags, then you're talking.

Bill Keith
03-14-2012, 13:36
The triggers on Ruger's carbines weren't anything you could love, or (because of their design) do much about.

I had a PC9 that Lone Wolf converted to take Glock mags, but it didn't shoot as well as my Marlin Camp 9. Now if Marlin would bring back the Camp 9 for Glock mags, then you're talking.

A Marlin Camp 9 to take Glock 17 mags would be fantastic. My Marlin 45 Camp carbine is one of my favorite guns. Marlin was wise enough to make them to accept 1911 magazines.:wavey:

Novocaine
03-14-2012, 15:52
Didn't buy Ruger carbine in 9mm when had a chance and don't regret it. Gun was solid but the trigger was way too heavy to have any kind of fun with it.

Wouldn’t pass up something along its lines that takes G20 mags with a lighter trigger though.