Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9

Chesafreak
03-14-2012, 08:50
I just received an email that Galloway Precision's trigger kit for the LC9 is available! I ordered one right away. I got a $5 discount off of $60 for reserving in advance. They said they should ship by the 19th. I will update with a review after I receive it.

The kit is supposed to shorten the trigger travel by half. http://www.gallowayprecision.com/lc9performanceparts.html

Goldendog Redux
03-26-2012, 18:40
tagged for review

RedHaze
03-26-2012, 19:18
Interesting.

HKLovingIT
03-26-2012, 19:28
Yes, I would be interested in seeing your review of this.

I am interested in the stuff these guys make. I was looking at the replacement hammer as that would do what I want, cut the pull length and reset in half. For $30, it's worth a shot.

DonD
03-26-2012, 19:33
I'm really surprised to see aftermarket trigger parts for the LC9 so soon. Sincerely hope that they turn out to be reliable and all that you expect of them. Don

Chesafreak
03-26-2012, 19:43
I was hoping to have it installed and reviewed by now. My kids are staying with me this week so I haven't had the time to install it yet. This is the first I have seen them in about six months. I will have the kit installed and tested this Saturday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Goldendog Redux
03-26-2012, 20:54
I was hoping to have it installed and reviewed by now. My kids are staying with me this week so I haven't had the time to install it yet. This is the first I have seen them in about six months. I will have the kit installed and tested this Saturday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Sweet. The install looks pretty simple. The more I shoot the thing the more it grows on me. Deleting the magazine disconnect and a better/shorter trigger will make the gun better I think.

MF

Reb 56
03-26-2012, 22:30
Hope that trigger kit works as advertised, as the long trigger pull has kept me from buying a LC9.

Tiro Fijo
03-26-2012, 22:48
Hope that trigger kit works as advertised, as the long trigger pull has kept me from buying a LC9.

Bad news: it's STILL LONGGGGG with this upgrade:

Galloway Precision Ruger LC9 Review - YouTube

RedHaze
03-26-2012, 23:56
I'm pretty sure he said, "uhh" about 600 times in that five and a half minutes... wow.

Chesafreak
04-02-2012, 09:19
Well, not only was I not able to complete the installation, but I also am unarmed now. While I was disassembling my LC9 a spring popped out and went flying somewhere. I am missing a spring and a pin. I am working with a gunsmith at my LGS to get replacements.

Since I own two pistols and one is in the shop, I left my Glock 23 at home with my girlfriend. I would rather be unarmed instead of my woman at home. I did just buy a shotgun, but I haven't been able to teach her how to shoot it yet. She is a decent shot with my Glock.

cjjohn
04-02-2012, 10:20
I'm interested as well. This has grown on me big time. In fact I am selling a Kahr CM9 that I bought to replace the LC9. After shooting them both side by side I like the LC9 better!!

JUSTBOB
01-18-2013, 15:20
[QUOTE=Tiro Fijo;18763109]Bad news: it's STILL LONGGGGG with this upgrade:

In the video, he said he didn't replace the trigger bar yet. I would't expect a shorter pull yet.

Chesafreak
01-24-2013, 13:46
I lost track of this thread so I forgot to post my review.

While doing the install, some springs/parts got away from me and went flying, never to be found. I sent the LC9 back to Ruger to be repaired. When I got it back, they had left the Galloway hammer in but replaced the trigger bar and didn't return the Galloway trigger bar. The way that affected my trigger pull is that the first half of trigger travel was slack, and began to take up halfway back. I contacted Eric at Galloway and he said that if I sent in my hammer and trigger bar that he would machine them for free. I sent the whole frame to him instead since I have a bad track record doing anything more than a basic field strip for cleaning.

And finally, the review:
The trigger pull felt slightly lighter, but I have no way to measure it. The trigger pull does stop halfway back now, so its easier to shoot it and keep the front sight on target through the pull. Before installing the kit I had sub paperplate sized groups. After some practice and the Galloway kit, my groups are mostly one large hole with an occasional flyer. I have put about 500 rounds through my LC9 since installing the Galloway trigger kit with zero malfunctions. Galloway's customer service have been excellent!

This group was shot from approximately 10 feet.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257794/2012-06-15%2018.28.30-2.jpg

WayneJessie
01-24-2013, 14:23
I have the LC9 trigger upgrade in mine and it has been worth the $40 I paid for it. I'd do it again in a skinny minute.