Galco V-Hawk IWB Holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco V-Hawk IWB Holster

tdfirearms
03-14-2012, 15:34
Does anybody use a Galco V-Hawk for full size or sub-compact Gloc?. I carry a 31 or 33. Pros and cons.

Jason D
03-14-2012, 17:10
I have used one for the last 6 months or so with both a Glock 17 and a S&W.
I really can't see any cons for not owning one. I have been happy with it.

saxconnection
03-14-2012, 18:19
I use one for my 19, and it is one of the best holsters I have for my Glock. They are a bit pricey, IMO. For a few dollars extra, you could get a VM2. The nice thing about the V-Hawk is there is no wait, and it is comfortable to boot.

Adam

Travclem
03-15-2012, 12:18
I don't have the Galco but I do have the DeSantis Mad Max. It is a copy of the VM2 and it is only $54 from Midway. I highly reccomend this holster. I carry my 1911s in it and have MTACs for Glocks and Sigs. For the price of the Galco, I'd just get the VM2.

dosei
03-15-2012, 12:56
I looked at a V-Hawk in a store for my XD-45. I quickly put it back...it is an insanely bulky IWB holster. (But then I've been spoiled by my KyTac Braveheart.)

Jason D
03-15-2012, 16:26
One nice thing about the V-hawk, is you can get the steel clips from the King-Tuck and make it tuckable.

It doesn't seem bulky to be compared to anything else of comparable size.

AKmik
03-15-2012, 19:22
Mine should be showing up here in a day or two for a Glock 19. I got mine to hold me over until I can find a VMII without the wait. It looks like a Galco replica of the VMII (my favorite) so we will see.

saxconnection
03-15-2012, 20:22
I looked at a V-Hawk in a store for my XD-45. I quickly put it back...it is an insanely bulky IWB holster. (But then I've been spoiled by my KyTac Braveheart.)
I cannot agree with you here. I have a similar product to the KyTac Braveheart. I find the weight dist. is not optimal at all. The V-Hawk, while it may look bulky, actually fits quite nicely, distributes the weight evenly, and retention is good for an IWB holster. I will say though, that if I had the patience to wait for a VM2, I would get one of those instead, YMMV.

Adam

Travclem
03-15-2012, 20:32
One nice thing about the V-hawk, is you can get the steel clips from the King-Tuck and make it tuckable.

It doesn't seem bulky to be compared to anything else of comparable size.
Almost forgot... The Mad Max comes with both tuckable clips and leather loops.