New Upper for Old Bushmaster Lower [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Upper for Old Bushmaster Lower

leeward419
03-15-2012, 05:03
Hi, I had owned 2 bshmasters that I had bougt 10 years ago or so, One an A3 CPM with the heavy barrel and target trigger and the other a stanard A-2 with iron sights. I still have the CPM but it is heavy, whic is ok for the club shoots.
I want to get eiter an A2 upper 16" with M4 barrel profile
or standard weight 20" A2. I live in NYS which means NO byonet lug no flash hider (no collapsible stock either but this is just about an upper). Muzze Breaks are OK and I definetly want one on this.
What are the quality MFGS nowdays that make these...I loved bushmaster they were the primary mfg's of military grade (harduse) rifles, now I hear that is no longer the case..
any suggestions on MFG's. I want to get another hard use military grade upper in 5.56
Thank You

faawrenchbndr
03-15-2012, 06:08
Have you thought about just changing barrels?

leeward419
03-16-2012, 04:10
yeah, but I still want to use the CPM model on club shoots

Two Guns
03-16-2012, 18:13
I still stick with Bushmaster. You can get an upper on Auction Arms for about $400.

leeward419
03-17-2012, 11:24
I still stick with Bushmaster. You can get an upper on Auction Arms for about $400.
I think I will, I had read on the internet that they werent the same anymore, however I have always liked their products too
thanks

Two Guns
03-17-2012, 12:17
I think I will, I had read on the internet that they werent the same anymore, however I have always liked their products too
thanks

I have never had a problem with any of my Bushmaster AR's. So I am loyal to Bushmaster. I do also like Colt and Armalite.

NEOH212
03-18-2012, 03:57
I have never had a problem with any of my Bushmaster AR's. So I am loyal to Bushmaster. I do also like Colt and Armalite.

Same here. I love mine, I run them hard and have yet to have any of the issues that many people speak of. There are some sub standard AR's on the market that I wouldn't touch. Bushmaster isn't one of them.

I do like my Colts but I wouldn't hesitate to grab one of my Bushmaster rifles if I had to defend my life. I still like some of the features that Colt has out of the box over Bushmaster and many others. Those features are small things though and to me, they are trivial. At least on a semi-auto gun.

As long at the gas key is properly staked, the black extractor insert and heavy duty extractor spring are used, and the gun is cleaned and lubed properly, just about any AR rifle will serve you fine.

(With a few exceptions of course but we won't go there.)

:supergrin:

leeward419
03-18-2012, 06:50
I do like my Colts
I dont think they Make a NYS compliant upper, they do look nice...
I am very glad to hear all your comments, especially re bushmaster...
I love mine, I dont like changing brands once I find one......
I would buy a colt if I could get one with a compensator/muzzle break vs flash hider...because they are the "original"...bit the bushmasters I have owned have been great...
now that I hear they still make a quality product the decision to stick with them is a no brainer....they make a NYS compliant M4 with a break too
thank you for the input!

wdphillips
03-20-2012, 09:03
I have notice that you do not see many Bushmaster components for sale in the classifieds. I believe that says something about the Bushmaster product.

leeward419
03-23-2012, 17:25
LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

Amen, I work with many of the disorderd
Love the smell of diesel fuel!