Best ankle holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best ankle holster?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
03-15-2012, 09:54
Thinking of gettng an ankle holster for a Kahr PM9.

I have seen comments over the years that some are better than others, because some slide down or cause other issues.

anyone have a recommendation of one of the better ankle holsters to try?

series1811
03-15-2012, 10:13
Lot of threads on this. I wore a Ken Null with a P239 in it for eleven years (lost it in Katrina in 2005) and replaced it with a Galco Ankle Glove that I wore until I retired and gave it away last year (what was I thinking?).

I need to get another one, too. :supergrin:

Do it for at least a month before you decide it's no good for you.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
03-15-2012, 14:31
Thanks for the info!

Vanman2004b
03-16-2012, 02:21
Renagade Cozy Partner. http://www.renegadeholstersdirect.com/page2.html

Works great with 6 inch boots. It is the only ankle holster I own. Got it right the first time. Wish I could say that about my other holsters.

4Rules
03-16-2012, 13:51
Rusty Sherrick's Ultra Light Ankle Carry is pretty good. (Delivery might take a while.)
<http://c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/Ankle.htm>

The Alessi is highly regarded, and it is in stock now at Brownells.
Stock #:100-005-494
<http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=40317/Product/ANKLE-HOLSTER>

Warp
03-16-2012, 14:01
My Galco Ankle Glove is pretty great.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
03-16-2012, 19:00
I went ahead and ordered the ankle lite. The only difference is the boning and material of the holster. I know someone at Galco. he told me that the leg strap part will wear out long before the holster does.

LiebeGlock
03-17-2012, 08:50
I went ahead and ordered the ankle lite. The only difference is the boning and material of the holster. I know someone at Galco. he told me that the leg strap part will wear out long before the holster does.

You ordered the ankle lite one that doesn't have the support strap that wraps around the top of the calf? Update this thread once you get it because I am needing some feedback on ankle holsters, but have read that without the support strap, they are horribly uncomfortable.

button man
03-17-2012, 18:14
What ever ankle holster you decide on let me pass on some advise given me years ago by a long time foot patrolman. Get a pair of old fashioned nylon dress socks like your Grandfather of Father used to wear, the ones that come up to your knee. Wear one under your regular sock and the ankle holster will be comfortable all day.

BigDog40
03-17-2012, 21:18
Galco Ankle Glove....there it is

mikegun
03-18-2012, 21:54
In all my years as a cop ill bet i have had and used every kind of ANKLE HOLSTER MADE. and ill say to me the RENEGADE, 45 or fifty bucks, is the most comfy one i have used, no matter what the gun was, also stays in place better then others, this without the garter some use....

series1811
03-19-2012, 05:29
You ordered the ankle lite one that doesn't have the support strap that wraps around the top of the calf? Update this thread once you get it because I am needing some feedback on ankle holsters, but have read that without the support strap, they are horribly uncomfortable.

I never used an ankle holster with the calf strap, but ankles, like waists, are different on people. You just have to find what your particular body type likes best.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
03-19-2012, 10:07

Yes. I wanna try it without the strap before I get that additional part. From what I gathered, the majority of people don't wear it.