Oklahoma OC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma OC

blastfact
03-15-2012, 18:35
Looks like open carry is going to happen. The bill has passed the state house and senate. And it looks like the current Gov. is going to sign some sort of bill into law.

Looks like they are going to make it so you have to have a CC permit. With possibly added training for OC. The water still kind of muddy concerning it. Here one has to imitately tell a LEO your caring and have your permit and ID for them. Which I don't have a issue with. And I'm sure the same will apply to open carry. The convicted felons will be carrying. And they need to be caught.

The house and senate passed a bill some time back and our idiot Gov. at the time refused to sign it. Got rid of that dork thank goodness.

Will I OC? Yeah,, around the house, around our small town. Don't know that I would in Tulsa or OKC.

I wish my wife's nephew and his girl friend were carrying the night they were murdered in a Tulsa park last Sept.

codecowboy
03-16-2012, 16:23
I wish it would happen in Texas. We were so close last year. It cleared the committee and was going for a vote when time ran out due to the squabbles over school finance.

I want Open Carry as a option, but it's not really for me. I just want to not have any issues if I accidently print or expose my weapon reaching for a item on the top shelf.

PaleRider505
03-16-2012, 16:46
Looks like open carry is going to happen. The bill has passed the state house and senate. And it looks like the current Gov. is going to sign some sort of bill into law.

Looks like they are going to make it so you have to have a CC permit. With possibly added training for OC. The water still kind of muddy concerning it. Here one has to imitately tell a LEO your caring and have your permit and ID for them. Which I don't have a issue with. And I'm sure the same will apply to open carry. The convicted felons will be carrying. And they need to be caught.

The house and senate passed a bill some time back and our idiot Gov. at the time refused to sign it. Got rid of that dork thank goodness.

Will I OC? Yeah,, around the house, around our small town. Don't know that I would in Tulsa or OKC.

I wish my wife's nephew and his girl friend were carrying the night they were murdered in a Tulsa park last Sept.
Interesting time for our State of Oklahoma. I'm interested in seeing if this passes. I'm with you, depends on where I'm at if I OC or not. Sorry for your families loss.

P35
03-16-2012, 16:51
I hope there aren't any more hoops to jump through for licensed folks to OC