Opinions on the RRA TO2? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the RRA TO2?

FriscoCHL
03-15-2012, 19:36
Can anyone give any opinions or experiences with the Rock River arms tactical operator 2? Looks like a heck of a rife for the price (on sale right now for $1k, with a free rear sight assy) but I know very little about ARs. My brother in law is thinking of buying one. Thank You.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=464

boomhower
03-15-2012, 23:07
Is it complete and utter crap? No. Would you be better off getting a plain jane colt for the same money? Yes. The RRA has a commercial stock, likely not staked in the needed places among other short comings. Get a good base rifle and add rails and such as he gains experience and finds out what he really wants. In the long run it will actually be cheaper.

Javelin
03-15-2012, 23:29
Is it complete and utter crap? No. Would you be better off getting a plain jane colt for the same money? Yes. The RRA has a commercial stock, likely not staked in the needed places among other short comings. Get a good base rifle and add rails and such as he gains experience and finds out what he really wants. In the long run it will actually be cheaper.

:agree:

Costs more money than it's worth. And resale is not very good with RRA. I have one RRA left in the stable and it is SBR'd so I can't dump it w/o losing big.

:wavey:

RatDrall
03-16-2012, 04:37
My buddy bought a railed RRA a while ago, it came with the rails, an eotec, some crappy backup sights, a crappy flashlight and a super cheap laser.

The rail was unbelievably heavy, it must have been made out of steel. Everything attached to the rifle was utter crap, aside from the Eotech.

For the price, you could do much better elsewhere. The S&W M&P15 is in the same price range, but has a military diameter stock tube and will be staked in the right places. Or, for $950, you can get a complete upper and complete lower from Bravo Company, and have a top quality rifle (with a much better mid length gas system!) for the same cost.

Patriot III
03-16-2012, 05:48
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/ColtLogo1copy-1.jpg

FriscoCHL
03-16-2012, 07:51
Thanks fellas. I will pass this along

Patriot III
03-16-2012, 08:25
I prepared a chart to make it all easier to understand....

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/compare-1.jpg

svtpwnz
03-16-2012, 08:45
I had to learn the hard way. I bought this RRA rifle and never even shot it only to soon after discover I could have bought a Colt, BCM, or DD for the same money. I sold it and took a huge hit to my wallet. I then picked up a Daniel Defense V4 and never looked back.

The RRA was a heavy sum ***** and though the gas keys were properly staked, it just didn't feel as nice as the DDM4. The pins were tight as hell to take it down, no chrome lined barrel, no hammer forging, castle nut not staked, and so on. take my word for what it's worth, there are much better rifles for the same money. RRA just puts all the tacticool crap all over their rifles to compensate for the areas it severely lacks.
Just my .02