UnderTech Compression Concealment Shorts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UnderTech Compression Concealment Shorts

JustDoIt6453
03-16-2012, 00:06
What are your thoughts on these shorts? I come from an athletic background and find myself wearing a lot of athletic clothing without a belt, especially when out grocery shopping (have to be comfy doing this!) and making quick runs out of the house.

I am trying to find the best solution to carry when I wear this style of clothing. Thanks in advance.

EAJuggalo
03-16-2012, 06:57
I'm not a big fan of them because they force you to holster in a position I don't care for. If the holster loop was at 3:00 or so instead of 4:30 I would like it better. I would be more apt to get one of the shirts and carry a snubbie revolver rather than trying to put a full size glock in those shorts.

For those that have to look it up (Like me) this is what the OP is talking about.
http://www.undertechundercover.com/

JustDoIt6453
03-16-2012, 08:40
Yes those are the products in the link. I completely forgot to throw that in there. I would be carrying either a G19 or 23.

For me, it is not so much the holster position, I can effectively get to it safely and quickly. My bigger concern is, am I going to be buying a pair of these every couple months because the elastic becomes stretched to the point that the firearm then becomes unsecure.

Anyone have personal experience with these?

EAJuggalo
03-16-2012, 09:56
You might want to look at the Remora holsters. I don't like the concept so I've never tried one but there are quite a few people here who swear by them.

My problem with the position isn't the draw, it's trying to conceal at that position, for me the grip sticks way too far out and has the tendancy to collect the hem of your shirt between the grip and your body. Effectively making it open carry, but you're the last to know.

Bill Lumberg
03-16-2012, 10:02
Wear a belt. If you must wear clothing without loops, wear a belt underneath. What are your thoughts on these shorts? I come from an athletic background and find myself wearing a lot of athletic clothing without a belt, especially when out grocery shopping (have to be comfy doing this!) and making quick runs out of the house.

I am trying to find the best solution to carry when I wear this style of clothing. Thanks in advance.

RyanNREMTP
03-16-2012, 10:13
Sorry, was busy looking at the female. What was the question?

steveksux
03-16-2012, 17:54
Compression concealment shorts? Isn't that something a female impersonator would wear??? :tongueout::rofl:

Randy

JustDoIt6453
03-16-2012, 21:24
Wear a belt. If you must wear clothing without loops, wear a belt underneath.

This doesn't answer my question. Thanks.

Compression concealment shorts? Isn't that something a female impersonator would wear??? :tongueout::rofl:

Randy

Touche ha ha ha

B.Reid
03-16-2012, 22:31
The belly band would make more sense to me.

Lampshade
03-16-2012, 23:30
What are your thoughts on these shorts?

Was interested until I looked at the price.

Ryobi
03-17-2012, 06:45
As lumberg said, wear a belt. What are your thoughts on these shorts? I come from an athletic background and find myself wearing a lot of athletic clothing without a belt, especially when out grocery shopping (have to be comfy doing this!) and making quick runs out of the house.

shockglock
03-17-2012, 08:27
Take a look at the Fusion Pac by Tacti Pac. Go to www.tactipac.com and watch the video. Love mine so far and doesn't rely on wearing an outside belt.

n8vyc
03-17-2012, 14:32
I have a pair but never ware them. I found the most important option about concealment is the ability to move and remove the holster based on if your going to sit stand, do allot of bending, getting hot out or cold. Pocket holsters work the best in being able to move the gun to different positions. Concealing anything larger than a sub compact forces you to keep clothing on in any type of weather. Good luck.