Psychopath Test [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Psychopath Test

Mrs Glockrunner
03-16-2012, 06:11
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result.
This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No one I know has gotten it right. Few people do.

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know.
She thought this guy was amazing.
She believed him to be her dream guy so much that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him.
A few days later she killed her sister.

Question: What is her motive for killing her sister?

[Give this some thought before you answer, see answer below]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Answer:

She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath.
This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to determine if one has the same mentality as a killer.
Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you.

smokin762
03-16-2012, 10:12
I was thinking he was dating the sister. :dunno: I guess it was a good thing I was wrong.:supergrin:

Deployment Solu
03-16-2012, 11:22
How does a crazy person get through the woods?? He takes the psycho path!!!

1955mercury
03-16-2012, 16:51
I'm still trying to figure out how he knew her mother and why she would think he knew her sister if she didn't know him. I wonder what her sister's profession was.

ponders
03-16-2012, 17:07
i thought she had the dream guys number and wouldnt give it to her so she killed her for it:wow:

Jake Starr
03-17-2012, 05:05
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.asp

eracer
03-17-2012, 05:34
Sadly, I got that one right. Maybe I'm a psychopath with an overly developed superego.

series1811
03-17-2012, 05:42
There are more sociopaths (anti-social personality types) out there than a lot of people realize. And, the turn up in large numbers in some surprising places.

Mrs Glockrunner
03-17-2012, 10:17

I knew when I posted it, Jake, it wasn't for real. But it's fun to read just the same. I do hope you enjoyed it for what it is. :wavey:

RWBlue
03-17-2012, 10:27
It was not my first guess, but was in my top 3.

Because of what I do, it would not surprise me that I was able to think like a psyco.

I would love to discuss this more, but I have a full day. I need to get some more chloroform and then dispose of a bodies.

ReyFufuRulesAll
03-17-2012, 10:43
Another test:

If you post in the OAF. :supergrin:

mfm9
03-17-2012, 19:54
There are more sociopaths (anti-social personality types) out there than a lot of people realize. And, the turn up in large numbers in some surprising places.Some psychologists estimate that 1 in 25 (or 4%) of the general population are sociopaths.

I don't know in what areas they are more common, but if I had to guess, I'd say in politics, corporate boardrooms, law enforcement, and the military*.

-Mike

* Please, no flames about saying "the military". I'm proud to be the son of a U.S. Marine, and think that those who serve in our armed forces are some of the greatest humans who have ever walked the earth.

Lotiki
03-17-2012, 20:10
This "test" has been around for a while.

There is NO single statement answer or question that ca tell if someone is a psychopath, Especially one that leads you to the conclusion.

series1811
03-18-2012, 06:28
Some psychologists estimate that 1 in 25 (or 4%) of the general population are sociopaths.

I don't know in what areas they are more common, but if I had to guess, I'd say in politics, corporate boardrooms, law enforcement, and the military*.

-Mike

* Please, no flames about saying "the military". I'm proud to be the son of a U.S. Marine, and think that those who serve in our armed forces are some of the greatest humans who have ever walked the earth.

No, that was a pretty good guess. Some professions almost require some anti-social personality traits.

I went to a government management training seminar by a psychologist who consults for some of the largest financial corporations, as well as the military (and for the two federal law enforcement agencies I worked for, 20,000 sworn, total).

He pointed out that lack of empathy is one of the major characteristics of the anti-social personality type. And, he pointed out, that if you have to make decisions that cost thousands of innocent people there jobs, livelihoods, and lives, you better have some anti-social personality traits going for you or remorse for your decisions and empathy for those you have hurt, will destroy you.

He said most of our leaders in corporations, the government, and the military are probably sociopaths, for that simple reason (and he had actually diagnosed many of them as sociopaths whom he had counseled). And, it made sense out of a lot of things that hadn't made sense before, to me.