Woman officer stops stabbing spree in Ohio [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woman officer stops stabbing spree in Ohio

Rustin
03-16-2012, 11:50
Police Shoot Stabbing Suspect Outside Ohio College - YouTube

This happened in Downtown Columbus, on a nice sunny day in broad daylight. Apparently some pyscho had stopped taking his meds and went on a Stabbing spree. Hard to believe since I was in the vicinity riding my bike about an hour after the incident. The amount of police I saw that day coiincidentally led me to believe at the time that nothing could go wrong in a broad daylight crowded downtown district surrounded by police. THe policed HQ was a couple of blocks away from the scene. Obviously when I got home and saw the news I thought, damn it, terrible things can happen anywhere, anytime, unprovoked! I posted this mainly because it was simlar to the "does this cops gun jam?" thread. The officer was the first on the scene, confronting a complete psycho with a three knives. She tripped coming down on the curb then started to fire one handed. Backup came swiftly but she was the only one on the scene at the time. The pistol she was using was a M&P .40 FS, which is what the entire CPD carries. This happened on Tuesday afternoon. Her actions are nothing short of heroic.

GSSF17
03-16-2012, 12:04
Good for her and good for the community. Hero! :thumbsup:

KennyFSU
03-16-2012, 12:11
God damn that white van!!!

SigFTW
03-16-2012, 12:18
Scary:wow:

RUT
03-16-2012, 13:27
I wonder if the liberal media tried to vilify her for said heroic measures?

g23rob
03-16-2012, 13:39
the media will say it like this

female officer kills blind mentally challenged man selling knives to save puppies and kittens at the local shelter

or officer shoots local hero while cutting up apples to feed homeless children at an after school program

take your choice

great job officer :thumbsup:

Novocaine
03-16-2012, 14:20
What's with the bald guy in the grey suit casually walking in circles in the middle of it then standing to the right of the van while the shooting unfolds then very calmly walking away? Something’s off about him.

ZekerMan
03-16-2012, 15:53
I counted about 7 gunshots...BG musta not went down easy. She took a hell of a spill and came back fighting. Good for her!!!

Rumbler_G20
03-16-2012, 16:11
+1 for the officer!

. . . now, lets all chip in on a nice G20 to send her . . .

Wishoot
03-16-2012, 16:12
Good for her.

Rustin
03-17-2012, 12:31
She hit him a couple of times. Looks like hes still alive. Better if he would have just perished. He's only going to become a burden on the system and an extremely dangerous threat should he ever have the chance to escape whatever place they decide he belongs.

GoBigOrange
03-17-2012, 12:36
When did this happen? I don't remember seeing this on the news? Did he kill anyone?

CJStudent
03-17-2012, 12:38
She hit him a couple of times. Looks like hes still alive. Better if he would have just perished. He's only going to become a burden on the system and an extremely dangerous threat should he ever have the chance to escape whatever place they decide he belongs.

And a threat inside, to the Correctional Officers, other staff, and yes, even other inmates.

janice6
03-17-2012, 12:57
She's a good cop. The best accolade I can think of.

Good job officer.

Baba Louie
03-17-2012, 13:14
I wonder if the liberal media tried to vilify her for said heroic measures? Apparently not.

http://news.cincinnati.com/usatoday/article/53531444?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

bac1023
03-17-2012, 13:19
Wow :wow:

Metal Angel
03-17-2012, 14:10
I counted about 7 gunshots...BG musta not went down easy. She took a hell of a spill and came back fighting. Good for her!!!

Hm. I counted 9. Anyway, I'm impressed that she didn't ND while falling off the curb. Good trigger control.

Goldendog Redux
03-17-2012, 14:16
In reading the article, I wonder who the officer with the "stun gun" was. Massive fail on the part of that officer. Good job on the other officer for taking care of business.

Also, day shift may be boring, packed with nothing but lame cold calls and paper calls but the crazy stuff is more likely to happen in the daytime than at 0300 hours.
MF

G26S239
03-17-2012, 14:44
Good points Rustin. Bad stuff can happen any time or place. And she was brave to deal with the nutjob so effectively especially since she has likely done the Tueller drill.

powder86
03-17-2012, 15:39
God damn that white van!!!

:rofl:

Rustin
03-17-2012, 16:45
This incident occured on tuesday afternoon. The suspect had stabbed four people before being taken down. Two in critical condition, one in stable condition, and one person was released the day of the stabbings. It is not known whether or not he was targeting specific people or just stabbing anybody within range. I'm pretty sure CPD uses Federal HST, but I don't know which weight they chose. Like I stated before, they use M&P FS .40 cal. Also, I don't think that the guy got tasered, it seems they just said that to appease the liberals that disagree that a certified maniac like this should be taken down with extreme prejudice, and instead be reasoned with.:faint: I don't think they would agree with this sentiment if they were the ones being attacked.

G26S239
03-17-2012, 17:14
This incident occured on tuesday afternoon. The suspect had stabbed four people before being taken down. Two in critical condition, one in stable condition, and one person was released the day of the stabbings. It is not known whether or not he was targeting specific people or just stabbing anybody within range. I'm pretty sure CPD uses Federal HST, but I don't know which weight they chose. Like I stated before, they use M&P FS .40 cal. Also, I don't think that the guy got tasered, it seems they just said that to appease the liberals that disagree that a certified maniac like this should be taken down with extreme prejudice, and instead be reasoned with.:faint: I don't think they would agree with this sentiment if they were the ones being attacked.
True. I can't recall any "community activist" ever going to any police call to demonstrate how to take down a violent individual without causing anyone any pain. I would like to see footage of a s#$@ stirrer providing such a demonstration to the police against someone who is "only" carrying a crowbar, knife etc.