My White Hat Holster purchase [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My White Hat Holster purchase

arushus
03-16-2012, 14:13
Last month I ordered a holster from white hat. I got their antique black horsehide with the constitution design on the kydex, and nickel hardware. I got it in the mail a few days ago, and so far I really like it! Im a fat guy, 290lbs and 6' tall. In spite of that and my lovehandles, I just adjusted the cant forward slightly, and it fits great. Now obviously because of my gut and lovehandles I have to wear it in the 4-430 position, any farther forward and it would be quite irritating. I really dont know how anyone can appendix carry, fat or not. How in the hell do you sit down carrying like that?

Anyway I highly recommend them. And their customer service is above reproach, its been a great experience thus far!

FirefighterT-Bone
03-16-2012, 20:31
I'm also a bigger guy and it's hard to find a good IWB holster to carry my Glock 26 and Glock 30SF. I received my Crossbreed Supertuck and a knock off which are very similar to the White Hat holsters. I carry in the 4 o'clock position and it seems OK. I also bought the Versacarry II holster and it is good also. It might help if I dropped a little bit of weight. LOL. :cool:

3000fps
03-16-2012, 20:37
With all due respect to white hat, I believe the crossbreed is superior IMO.

I've ordered two white hat holsters.

The material is thinner than the supertuck, and the clips are thinner and cheaper than the supertuck.

The supertuck is much sturdier and rock solid when carrying it, the white hat seems more flimsy.

I cut the top off my supertuck as well to make it more of a MD cut. It's flat across the top with no bump for a better grip.

Edit: I will add to the defense of white hat, their shipping is much much faster than crossbreed's.

arushus
03-16-2012, 20:45
I'm also a bigger guy and it's hard to find a good IWB holster to carry my Glock 26 and Glock 30SF. I received my Crossbreed Supertuck and a knock off which are very similar to the White Hat holsters. I carry in the 4 o'clock position and it seems OK. I also bought the Versacarry II holster and it is good also. It might help if I dropped a little bit of weight. LOL. :cool:

Ya i gotta lose some weight too! Haha, im refusing to get rid of all my 34" jeans and large shirts cuz I keep telling myself that Im gonna be that size again one day!

arushus
03-16-2012, 20:49
With all due respect to white hat, I believe the crossbreed is superior IMO.

I've ordered two white hat holsters.

The material is thinner than the supertuck, and the clips are thinner and cheaper than the supertuck.

The supertuck is much sturdier and rock solid when carrying it, the white hat seems more flimsy.

I cut the top off my supertuck as well to make it more of a MD cut. It's flat across the top with no bump for a better grip.

Edit: I will add to the defense of white hat, their shipping is much much faster than crossbreed's.

Fair enough, thanks for the input!

Dan Glock
04-11-2012, 21:39
Last month I ordered a holster from white hat. I got their antique black horsehide with the constitution design on the kydex, and nickel hardware. I got it in the mail a few days ago, and so far I really like it! Im a fat guy, 290lbs and 6' tall. In spite of that and my lovehandles, I just adjusted the cant forward slightly, and it fits great. Now obviously because of my gut and lovehandles I have to wear it in the 4-430 position, any farther forward and it would be quite irritating. I really dont know how anyone can appendix carry, fat or not. How in the hell do you sit down carrying like that?

Anyway I highly recommend them. And their customer service is above reproach, its been a great experience thus far!

Nice to know its big-guy comfy. I too am awaiting one for my 23 that I've ordered last week! I'm a big dude and this gives me hopes that it will not be a problem. Hopefully :/

Dooger
04-11-2012, 22:23
I've heard that the White Hat is thicker than my Theis. I'd rather have it thinner than thicker, especially with a Glock or other double stack. Not sure why having a thicker holster was brought into the thread.