FN FNP 45 Tactical Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FN FNP 45 Tactical Question

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 17:50
I have uploaded some pictures to this message. I bought a FNP 45 Tactical that was described as factory new, but the test round was shot in 2010 and these pictures indicate to me that the gun is not factory new. Am I crazy that this is a used gun or is possible that it is a new gun?

Thank you.

WoodenPlank
03-16-2012, 17:58
Looks like an awful lot of wear for something "new." Was it purchased from an LGS, online, face to face, or what?

SauerChoi
03-16-2012, 18:01
yeah unless that was a demo gun or something there is excessive wear for a brand new gun.

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 18:39
Looks like an awful lot of wear for something "new." Was it purchased from an LGS, online, face to face, or what?

Gunbroker. This is the first time I ever had a problem there. If it was face to face, I would never have bought it because I sure don't think of it as new.

Seller is willing to refund $30 to me, but I am thinking of trying to return the gun.

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N
03-16-2012, 18:40
Sure looks like an unusual amount of wear to me

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 18:42
yeah unless that was a demo gun or something there is excessive wear for a brand new gun.

That is what I think, but I wanted to make sure. The seller advertised this as factory brand new which this doesn't look like.

He offered $30 off, but I am thinking that isn't enough for a gun in this condition. Probably going to try to return it.

WoodenPlank
03-16-2012, 18:43
That is what I think, but I wanted to make sure. The seller advertised this as factory brand new which this doesn't look like.

He offered $30 off, but I am thinking that isn't enough for a gun in this condition. Probably going to try to return it.

$30 doesn't even begin to cover it from what I can see in the photos. I'd return it if at all possible.

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N
03-16-2012, 18:46
$30 off a $1000 gun is a joke IMO

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 18:51
$30 doesn't even begin to cover it from what I can see in the photos. I'd return it if at all possible.

Just emailed the seller, and hopefully he will take it back. He did say no returns, but he certainly sounds like he wants to work something out. He has good feedback so I am hoping we could work something out satisfactory. Back to the hunt for FNP-45 Tactical.

Decguns
03-16-2012, 18:56
That's a lot of wear for a "new" gun. The rear sight definitely looks like well used. Maybe he "liberated" the original sights and installed a used pair just for you.

The FNX-9 I bought NIB was just that... NEW.

WoodenPlank
03-16-2012, 19:05
Just emailed the seller, and hopefully he will take it back. He did say no returns, but he certainly sounds like he wants to work something out. He has good feedback so I am hoping we could work something out satisfactory. Back to the hunt for FNP-45 Tactical.

Where are you located? I know of a few shops that seem to always have them in stock.

Z71bill
03-16-2012, 20:05
How much did you pay for it?

Where are you located?

How much would you sell it for?

I saw a few NIB FNP45 tactical pistols that had the exact same wear on the barrel -

:dunno:

Gdirty5
03-16-2012, 20:09
I bought mine brand new also from cheaperthandirt, and it had wear on the barrel... the rest of it was fine...

WoodenPlank
03-16-2012, 20:19

Where are you located?

I saw a few NIB FNP45 tactical pistols that had the exact same wear on the barrel -

The marks from casings on the underside of the slide are not normal for a new gun, however. That comes from firing more than a couple proof/test shots through the gun at the factory.

Airborne Infantryman
03-16-2012, 20:37
The seller is full of ****. My brand new FNP-45 Tactical looked NOWHERE near that bad. That's more than test-firing from the factory......

HKLovingIT
03-16-2012, 20:49
Sure looks like a used gun to me. Sorry that happened to you.

Ruggles
03-16-2012, 21:49
That sucks :( I agree somebody somewhere shot that thing........more than a few times...

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 21:50

Where are you located?

I can certainly understand a little wear on the barrel since I am sure FN tests some of their guns, but the sights are a problem.

I paid $995 for it (included shipping). Seller agreed to take it back so I am sending it back to him tomorrow.

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 21:52
The seller is full of ****. My brand new FNP-45 Tactical looked NOWHERE near that bad. That's more than test-firing from the factory......

I don't blame the seller. He has a good history on gunbroker, and told me he never fired it. I did find out he bought from another dealer who said it was new, and I guess the seller didn't look at it.

I agree with you that the wear is more than test-firing from the factory. Even though the seller said there are no returns, he is willing to take the gun back for a full refund. I am out a little money, but I am satisfied.

20SFLV
03-16-2012, 21:54
Sure looks like a used gun to me. Sorry that happened to you.

First bad experience on gunbroker, and the seller is making it right. It is a little inconvenient, but I can live with the outcome.

WoodenPlank
03-16-2012, 22:00
First bad experience on gunbroker, and the seller is making it right. It is a little inconvenient, but I can live with the outcome.

Yeah, sounds like the seller is trying to do right by you. Good to hear.

Airborne Infantryman
03-16-2012, 22:08
I don't blame the seller. He has a good history on gunbroker, and told me he never fired it. I did find out he bought from another dealer who said it was new, and I guess the seller didn't look at it.

I agree with you that the wear is more than test-firing from the factory. Even though the seller said there are no returns, he is willing to take the gun back for a full refund. I am out a little money, but I am satisfied.

Glad to hear. :wavey:

HKLovingIT
03-16-2012, 22:13

That's good to hear. Few things more frustrating than dropping coin on something and not getting what was expected.:steamed:

Z71bill
03-17-2012, 07:54
I can certainly understand a little wear on the barrel since I am sure FN tests some of their guns, but the sights are a problem.

I paid $995 for it (included shipping). Seller agreed to take it back so I am sending it back to him tomorrow.

You paid a new gun price - you deserve a new gun.

I have noticed sometimes on the gun internet sites - they say NIB on the headline - but if you look at the description they change it to LIKE new in box - I also see the term "as new" which I assume means NOT new.

20SFLV
03-17-2012, 10:02
That's good to hear. Few things more frustrating than dropping coin on something and not getting what was expected.:steamed:

I agree. I still had to pay for shipping and the transfer/background check fees, but I can live with that since I would have had to sell the gun used. I think I would lose even more money in that situation.

20SFLV
03-17-2012, 10:07
You paid a new gun price - you deserve a new gun.

I have noticed sometimes on the gun internet sites - they say NIB on the headline - but if you look at the description they change it to LIKE new in box - I also see the term "as new" which I assume means NOT new.

This gun was advertised new in box. Gunbroker's toggle field said it was factory new. The seller said multiple times that it was new in the box.

I have seen some ads that you have to read very carefully because you could believe something is new when it really isn't. New Old Stock. While that could be it, sometimes it is followed by rarely shot or something like that.

I don't mind buying used revolvers (and all but one of mine are), but used semis is something else.