.215 tall plain front, 8" high at 25 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .215 tall plain front, 8" high at 25

Mike Bell
03-16-2012, 19:21
Well I just shot from a rest to see where my new Warren front and Sevigny rear is hitting at 25 yards.

About 8" high at 25 with plain black sights.:wow:

Do yall think when I put a .215 fiber optic on that it will be lower POI because I will be lining up the dot instead of the normal 3 post alignment?

As soon as I get some fiber rod, Ill test it again.

Njanear
03-17-2012, 10:21
What model Glock are these on? When I was entertaining buying some of these sights for my G34, I found various posts talking about different bullet weights affecting the front sight height.

From CPWSA:

All Glock model Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a twenty yard point of aim/point of impact. Warren Tactical's recommendation is to use the .245 tall front with the Glock 24, 34, 35, and other long slide guns and the .215 for all other Glock models. Remember that Glocks and M&Ps are production guns, so there could be slight variations in each of them, and point of aim/point of impact is further affected by ammo differences, bullet weight differences, shooter tendencies, etc.

Another good post: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388286&highlight=dawson+front+sight

Mike Bell
03-17-2012, 11:47
Glock 35.... shot it a bit ago and the .245 was just about an inch or so high at 25. I think that will be good enough.

So as it stands now. My Glock 35 is set with a .245 tall front and Sevigny rear. First USPSA match is next weekend now its a scramble to figure what holsters and mag pouchs I can round up.