Jewell Trigger for Rem 700 SPS 308 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jewell Trigger for Rem 700 SPS 308

ModGlock17
03-17-2012, 05:24
This is a $200+ trigger, and it is awesome even though I haven't gotten any shooting time as yet.

Replacing the stock Xmark was easy. The tab for bolt release was not quite matching the groove of bolt release level, so a little bending with a long nosed plier fixed that. The package came with it was labeled 1lbs, but I think it was much less, in the order of a few ounces, probably because I lube it with FrogLube. Aim the cross hair, the put a slight pressure on the trigger and it breaks consistently sharp.

They gave 2 more springs, supposedly for different pull weight ranges, but I think the installed one is very good for me.

End result on installation: aim cross hair, slight pressure on trigger as light as trying to feel the texture on trigger metal, and it fires while the cross hair does not move!

Installation Tip:
- Unbolt and release stock, release the bolt.
- tab out the forward pin holding trigger assembly first
- tab out the rear assembly pin but not all the way out, keep the bolt assembly lever and spring in place
- insert the new Jewell front end first and work the front pin in
- the swing back to work the back pin
- fix the bolt release tab with a long nose plier
- test with inserted bolt to see if how easily will trip: check pull weight, shock the action with rubber mallet. Make necessary adjustments.
- lube the bolt release lever and its slot in the action. Assemble the stock. Done.

cyrsequipment
03-17-2012, 05:30
Thank you... but does this qualify as a "black rifle"?

Manimal
03-19-2012, 08:17
And where are the pictures?

ddbtoth
03-20-2012, 04:51
Thank you... but does this qualify as a "black rifle"?
Has a black composite stock--sounds black to me.

faawrenchbndr
03-20-2012, 06:14
The Jewell is a great trigger. 1 pound or less is a WEE bit too darn light, IMO.

Be damn sure that this trigger will pass a drop test.

crnama
03-20-2012, 08:37
I have one and I agree they are great. Mine is set right at one pound. I think that is a little lite but I have not taken the time to increase it. It is amazing though. My groups went from 1.5" at 100yrds to .75" with just the trigger change. Well worth the $200.

faawrenchbndr
03-20-2012, 08:53
Not to sound disrespectful,......but a super light trigger weight compensates
for poor trigger control. I never take a trigger weight below about 2.25 pounds.
Many triggers fail a drop test any lower than that.

Whiskey Six
03-20-2012, 09:32
I put a Timney 510 in my 700 SPS Tactical. I'm guessing it's around 2.5#. What a huge difference a nice trigger makes!

Now if my Vortex Viper PST would arrive I'd be happy, happy!

And it is black. Since we don't have a precision rifle sub forum this will do.:tongueout:

Climbhard
03-20-2012, 22:21
You're going to shoot yourself!