Looking for info on a company in CA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on a company in CA

Homechicken
03-17-2012, 10:46
I bought a 1969-70 Model 10 recently and am thinking this would make a good revolver to carry in the field when visiting friend's and relatives with land. Its 100% mechanically and shows almost no indication of ever being fired, but the finish isn't pristine. I suspect it lay unloved in a drawer for 40+ years. Looking for a good secure field holster I ran across a website for a company called Vintage Gun Leather out of Foothill Ranch, California. All they sell is old holsters, belts, etc. and I found a couple of nice field holsters for what seem reasonable prices. They seem to be of better than average construction and would be several hundred dollars if made today. Anyone heard of or dealt with this company before?

gumbee
03-17-2012, 12:46
I live in Orange County near Foothill Ranch but have never bought anything from them. Some of my co-workers have and they like their workmanship.

Bruce M
03-17-2012, 14:52
I have never heard of them but have had sporadic luck here http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=k+frame+holster&_sacat=See-All-Categories

fnfalman
03-18-2012, 16:05
I've never heard of the joint, but Foothill Ranch is a ritzy/rural area in Orange County, California. Oakley Headquarters is there.

I personally don't think that you're going to save money by buying vintage leathers. Vintage leathers are highly collectible and thus not cheap. Want SD Myers rig? El Paso Saddlery still makes them and still authentic.