Are you very undecisive? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Are you very undecisive?

Folsom_Prison
03-17-2012, 23:31
Man I know I am, sometimes I feel I'm my own worst enemy trying to decide on my next gun purchase.

I've been stashing some money here and there for a new pistol. I only have a G19 so I want a second one for carry. Lately I've been on a single stack 9mm kick. I was interested in the nano and then I fondled one and wasn't to sure about it.

Then I was kicking around the idea for a LC9 which feels great in my hand. Today at the gun shop I fondled a Kahr CW9 and a Walther PPS. I'm kinda diggin the Walther now.

To add insult to injury he had a Thompson ordanance GI 191 new for 525$ which tripped my 1911 bug again. Seemed like a nice piece but idk much about that model.

Man this can be brain racking. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

I only walked out with a new glock mag.

icantpick
03-17-2012, 23:36
Take a guess.

Folsom_Prison
03-17-2012, 23:39
Take a guess.

Yes??

carbuncle
03-17-2012, 23:50
I love my PPS, it's the carry gun I was searching for all along. Mine's a .40, I'd like one of the tiny wonder 9s too: I'm waiting for the new S&W mystery release before I make any decisions.

drumr04
03-17-2012, 23:57
I'm the same way. I will have my mind set on a gun, go into the LGS, see something cool, and end up buying that instead of what I originally went in to buy...

RedNine
03-18-2012, 00:09
Indecisive maybe, but never undecisive. :smoking:

Metal Angel
03-18-2012, 00:12
Wow, your op sounds exactly like me. EXACTLY. I also only own a 19 and am looking for a slim 9. I have been bouncing back and forth between the cm9, nano, lc9, and p290. I pretty much ruled out the 290 because I still haven't heard good things about their reliability. I really wanna like the cm9, but it just feels all stiff and awkward. I don't think I can get the lc9 because of the external safety. I like the nano for the most part, but little things bug me about it... Mostly the fact that the plate on the back (not sure what it's called) is not centered and it has a large gap under it. Also the gun is about as pretty as the monster in that movie "Goonies". Then today someone told me to look at the pps. I have had a mental block against Walther, but I think it's unjustified, and the pps is sweet. I wish it had a shorter length, but it's still a massive size reduction from my glock... And it's the only one I'm looking at that has a reputation for out of the box reliability. And now, with the new xd45 slim, I kinda wanna see if they come out with an xd9 slim... And what's this about a smith mystery gun soon o be revealed? Honestly, I sort of wish there were less options. Haha

wjv
03-18-2012, 00:24
Yes, kinda, sometimes, maybe. . but not always, sorta.

Don't even ask how many months I spend deciding on which Android tablet to buy.

MinnesnowtaWild
03-18-2012, 00:25
I was dead set on getting a single stack 9mm for summer carry, but got an FNP-40 instead. Oops!

But honestly it has been 80 degrees here in Minnesota the past couple of days and my Glock 26 will work fine for summer. The FNP-40 was a TOTAL impulse buy. I had looked at the same single stack 9's and I narrowed them all down to Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9 and I eventually narrowed it to the CM9 because it's smaller and I like the trigger much better.

Folsom_Prison
03-18-2012, 00:28
For me the sig was out due to the price tag, I'm not made of money and not trying to break the bank..

The nano.... Not sure about the grip and I don't like that there's no slide release..

The lc9... Feels great in my hand but I don't care for the external saftey and that loaded when up chamber indicator bugs me.

The Kahr... Feels pretty good in my hand, I like the stainless slide, but I've heard the triggers can be hard to get used to... Idk.

The PPS... Pretty sweet piece! The ambi mag release is cool, feels decent in my hand. The price tag isn't where I want it it what do you do?

I might go the PPS route, gonna see if the LGS can get one. If this single stack adventure fails I'll probably just end up with a G26.

Wow, your op sounds exactly like me. EXACTLY. I also only own a 19 and am looking for a slim 9. I have been bouncing back and forth between the cm9, nano, lc9, and p290. I pretty much ruled out the 290 because I still haven't heard good things about their reliability. I really wanna like the cm9, but it just feels all stiff and awkward. I don't think I can get the lc9 because of the external safety. I like the nano for the most part, but little things bug me about it... Mostly the fact that the plate on the back (not sure what it's called) is not centered and it has a large gap under it. Also the gun is about as pretty as the monster in that movie "Goonies". Then today someone told me to look at the pps. I have had a mental block against Walther, but I think it's unjustified, and the pps is sweet. I wish it had a shorter length, but it's still a massive size reduction from my glock... And it's the only one I'm looking at that has a reputation for out of the box reliability. And now, with the new xd45 slim, I kinda wanna see if they come out with an xd9 slim... And what's this about a smith mystery gun soon o be revealed? Honestly, I sort of wish there were less options. Haha

Sgt127
03-18-2012, 00:33
Serioulsy, I own some of the finest handguns made. From revolvers to autos. Then, the thinking starts....What are the odds of needing more than six rounds? The 3" 65 rocks. Unless I am in a store that has a crew do a takeover robbery. I should carry my Glock 19. Except of course, stopping power, I spent all this money on a Wilson .45, why the hell don't I carry that instead. Who would want to carry a 1911? Between the recoil and limited capacity, I would be better off carrying the Glock 19...I sure have seen alot of autos jam in the real world, why not just carry a Smith 65? Ya know, a full stainless revolver gets heavy after awhile and the recoil beats the crap out of my hand, I should just go back to carrying my Sig P239, its in 357 SIG, ballistically, it will do everything the Smith 65 will do AND it has night sights. I am so tired of carrying around all this weight, there is nothing wrong with the PM9. Does that 9mm really have enough stopping power for a gun I might need face to face with a bad guy? I should carry my Kahr K40, at least its a full house .40. Dang, that all stainless .40 gets heavy after awhile, I swear the Glock 19 is easier to carry and has over twice the rounds on board. Or better yet, a 1911, except I am issued a Glock, do I really want to carry a 1911 with a thumb safety? I haven't used a thumb safety since I shot IPSC 20 years ago, am I going to remember to sweep it off if I need it? And on...and on....and on...

NeverMore1701
03-18-2012, 00:41
Nope. I see something I think I'd like, research it, fondle it at the store, shoot it if I get the chance, and buy it. If it ends up being something I'm not 100% in love with, I sell it and move on to something else.

Folsom_Prison
03-18-2012, 00:42
You sir I think are worse off than me. :rofl:

I wish I had that many options for carry, I'm just trying to decide in my second pistol.

Serioulsy, I own some of the finest handguns made. From revolvers to autos. Then, the thinking starts....What are the odds of needing more than six rounds? The 3" 65 rocks. Unless I am in a store that has a crew do a takeover robbery. I should carry my Glock 19. Except of course, stopping power, I spent all this money on a Wilson .45, why the hell don't I carry that instead. Who would want to carry a 1911? Between the recoil and limited capacity, I would be better off carrying the Glock 19...I sure have seen alot of autos jam in the real world, why not just carry a Smith 65? Ya know, a full stainless revolver gets heavy after awhile and the recoil beats the crap out of my hand, I should just go back to carrying my Sig P239, its in 357 SIG, ballistically, it will do everything the Smith 65 will do AND it has night sights. I am so tired of carrying around all this weight, there is nothing wrong with the PM9. Does that 9mm really have enough stopping power for a gun I might need face to face with a bad guy? I should carry my Kahr K40, at least its a full house .40. Dang, that all stainless .40 gets heavy after awhile, I swear the Glock 19 is easier to carry and has over twice the rounds on board. Or better yet, a 1911, except I am issued a Glock, do I really want to carry a 1911 with a thumb safety? I haven't used a thumb safety since I shot IPSC 20 years ago, am I going to remember to sweep it off if I need it? And on...and on....and on...

NeverMore1701
03-18-2012, 00:42
Also, if you're in the market for a small 9mm, my PF9 has been perfect over about 500 rounds so far.

Folsom_Prison
03-18-2012, 00:45
Also, if you're in the market for a small 9mm, my PF9 has been perfect over about 500 rounds so far.

A friend recently picked one up, I can't get past the cheap look/feel.

Metal Angel
03-18-2012, 00:52
If this single stack adventure fails I'll probably just end up with a G26.
Haha. Again, my thoughts exactly. I mean we are talking about an eighth of an inch... Is it really gonna make that much of a difference? And you get 4 more shots, a trigger that I'm already used to, I own holsters that already fit, and mags that will fit. But what if it does make all the difference? What if I end up leaving a 26 at home as often as I leave my 19 at home? When you put them side by side, the 26 isn't really that much smaller... But maybe it's enough smaller... But maybe it isn't...

Folsom_Prison
03-18-2012, 01:08
Haha. Again, my thoughts exactly. I mean we are talking about an eighth of an inch... Is it really gonna make that much of a difference? And you get 4 more shots, a trigger that I'm already used to, I own holsters that already fit, and mags that will fit. But what if it does make all the difference? What if I end up leaving a 26 at home as often as I leave my 19 at home? When you put them side by side, the 26 isn't really that much smaller... But maybe it's enough smaller... But maybe it isn't...

You have valid points! I handled a 26 today as well, maybe it's me but I can see where it could be handy. Many claim the 26 is alot easier to carry than the 19, idk.

MinnesnowtaWild
03-18-2012, 01:14
I like the G26 because the grip length is so short. For me the width doesn't bother me, and the part of the gun that "prints" the most and affects comfort the most is the grip length. Hard to beat the Glock 26 in that dimension. Width, length, and weight are also considerations but in the long run the G26 really isn't that much bigger, longer, and heavier than the single stack 9's. Plus you get all the benefits of having a Glock.

byf43
03-18-2012, 05:13
I don't have issues with decisions concerning firearms, with the exception of which one to buy 'first'.

My inability to make a decision occurs right around lunchtime.
"Five Guys??? Chop House?? Fuddruckers??? Chinese?? Snickers bar??"

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

(Get the G26. Very accurate, albeit 'fat for CCW'.)

Just don't shove it into your Mom's boyfriend's face. He'll take it away from you and send you to your room.

bac1023
03-18-2012, 06:04
What's undecisive? :tongueout:

SolidGun
03-18-2012, 06:20
What's undecisive? :tongueout:

I thought it was a pun, but I see that it is simply spell check not working.

bac1023
03-18-2012, 06:27
I'm actually not very indecisive when it comes to firearms. I have my list already prewritten long before I enter a shop.

TN.Frank
03-18-2012, 07:57
I've owned just about everything over my life time so I know what I like and what I don't like for the most part.
I know the guns I'd LIKE to have but most of the time Budget gets in the way. Also, logic plays a very small roll in my choices. Logically the G26 that I got after being gunless for over 6 months should have been "the" EDC/CCW gun for me but there's just something about Glocks and their lack of an external hammer that bugs me, that's also why I've never owned a S&W M&P, basically a S&W version of a Glock.
Right now the 642-2 revolver is perfect for EDC/CCW, couldn't ask for a better gun. I'm also lovin' my ATI, I'd almost forgotten what a nice Single Action trigger the 1911a1 has. Makes it very easy to cut those ragged one hole groups at 7 yards.
Next on my list is a Remington 870 with a couple different barrels, a Lever Action of one kind or another and I'd like to build another AR, probably something along the lines of an M4 with the legal 16" bbl and with the standard A2 upper, don't care for flattops.
I know exactly what I want, it'd just coming up with the money that's the hard part.

Sbh87
03-18-2012, 08:11
I am very indecisive. I have to go over what caliber, is it a range gun, carry gun, can it do both, what do I have now and will this new purchase be like what I have or will it help round out the collection, I have to price it out and find the best price within a reasonable driving distance. Also what happens a lot is I will get hooked on a particular gun for about a week or so then realize its not the best option due to one of the reasons stated above meaning it may be too close to something I already have or its only a carry gun and not a fun range gun etc. Then after the over excitement of the non-best option wears out I go over some more models and flip flop some more before a few months later landing on a final decision. My most recent final decision is the LC9 which I should be picking up on the 23rd. I love how its a great ccw, it's comfortable enough for me to shoot for a longer period of time on the range (my friend let me try his for a few days) and I do not own a 9mm. So for me it was a perfect choice. Now my next gun will not have to meet all the above criteria since I have filled my want for .22 semi auto and revolver, a carry revolver, a range revolver, and a carry semi auto. Probably looking at a semi auto bigger than a 22 for range use and not ccw. Top of my list is the Beretta 92 or a 1911. Either way I will end up getting both its just which do I get first.

PlasticGuy
03-18-2012, 08:23
I used to be indecisive. I wanted to try everything, but couldn't afford to own them all at the same time. I bought, tried, and traded so I could try something else. It was a good way to learn a lot from personal experience, while not having a huge amount of money tied up in guns at any one time.

Those days have passed though. I know what I like, and rarely stray from the path.

bac1023
03-18-2012, 08:28
Take a guess.

:animlol:

Bruce M
03-18-2012, 15:18
I had difficulty deciding whether or not to reply to this thread.

Z71bill
03-18-2012, 16:28
I messed around so long trying to decide if I should buy the Springfield Parkerized 45acp Model: PX9109LP from Buds they sold out -

Then I figured - it was all good because an FNH model 66047 FN45 would be a better fit for my needs anyway.

Then I discovered the CZ 97 BD - and concluded it was the one - but I can only find one and the guy wants $850 for it - found a few places that sell them in the $625-$675 range - they are all sold out.

So wait for a CZ97BD to come available at a reasonable price - put the SA 1911 on reserve purchase - or get the FNP45. :dunno:

I just figured out that I have been making more out of this that I should - when

My wife told me - make a decision and GET THE DARN thing ordered!

BUG'S
03-18-2012, 18:06
No, well maybe, damn.

Berto
03-18-2012, 18:31
People say I am, but I don't know.....

GoBigOrange
03-18-2012, 18:36
I'm not indecisive. I just want WAY too many guns!

ctfireman
03-18-2012, 19:10
I liked the look & feel of my PPS but hated shooting it. It's since been sold.

michael e
03-18-2012, 19:27
I am not undecisive, I just want everything.

Folsom_Prison
03-18-2012, 23:17
I liked the look & feel of my PPS but hated shooting it. It's since been sold.

Recoil that bad?

janice6
03-18-2012, 23:27
No................................

Hokiegrass
03-18-2012, 23:35
Recoil that bad?

For me, no... I have a pps in 9mm, and I love it. I also like shooting it at the range. I carry it 75% of the time...