LMT 10,000 rounds without cleaning- link with pics [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LMT 10,000 rounds without cleaning- link with pics

brausso
03-18-2012, 15:29
I thought this was a good read and a good testament to the quality of LMT AR's. Mine has also been flawless.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100162

DAIadvisor
03-18-2012, 16:01
That's awesome. Thanks.

battlin bulldog
03-18-2012, 16:32
so much for the misconception that AR's are finicky. Ive had similiar experience using a colt for 4000-5000 rounds without cleaning anything but the bore.

samuse
03-18-2012, 21:25
so much for the misconception that AR's are finicky. Ive had similiar experience using a colt for 4000-5000 rounds without cleaning anything but the bore.

Ditto.

I ran 5K through a 6920 last year and never cleaned or maintained anything. Just dumped more Breakfree in it...

Javelin
03-19-2012, 00:57
Wow. That's some interesting info.

:wavey:

03-19-2012, 01:27
No surprise, really.
AR = lube and shoot. Cleaning optional.:cool:

WoodenPlank
03-19-2012, 03:49
Last I heard, Filthy 14 (http://www.slip2000.com/art-swat2.html) had that LMT by 30,000 rounds, albeit with a couple cleanings and minor parts replacements along the way.

Travclem
03-19-2012, 09:31
I am about 6 months and 5500rounds in on my RRA with just lubing, no cleaning, and take it out crawling through the sand and mud pig hunting about 4 times a month. Gonna see how long it shoots without cleaning.

Jer
03-19-2012, 13:18
My LMT has been flawless and I run suppressed.

nathanours
03-19-2012, 14:18
So much for the "need" of a piston system.

Ruggles
03-19-2012, 14:19
Great stuff :) Makes me want to go lube the ARs right now..

Course I have 20 years of marriage with no divorces, lube played a important part in that as well. :tongueout:

K. Foster
03-19-2012, 14:24
That was an excellent write up. You don’t hear to much about LMT but you never hear anything bad about them, at least I haven’t. Mine has been 100%.
That just goes to show that lubrication is the key. Doesn’t really matter what you use, you just have to use enough of it. But I did notice he used Slip 2000 which is one of the better lubes out there.

CarryTexas
03-19-2012, 14:36
It's nice to know that the platform can run without cleaning. However, after my years in the Army I doubt I could sleep if I didn't clean my AR the first opportunity I had after shooting it...

For me not cleaning my weapons after a range visit would be like not washing my hands after dropping a Duce.

:wow:

Jer
03-19-2012, 14:41
So much for the "need" of a piston system.

There is nothing in that post that says a piston LMT can't run as long and offer cleaner and cooler operation during the run. My LMT is piston and when I run suppressed the difference in gases present in the chamber and at the shooter's face is substantial.

Let's not turn this into a DI v. Piston debate because for that to happen he needed to do the exact same test with a piston LMT and weigh the pros & cons of both systems during the test. This test proves nothing more than how reliable a LMT DI system can be. It doesn't prove unreliability of anything else. Let's keep this topic on track.

LMT builds some amazing weapon systems. Period.

Jer
03-19-2012, 14:47
That was an excellent write up. You donít hear to much about LMT but you never hear anything bad about them, at least I havenít. Mine has been 100%.
That just goes to show that lubrication is the key. Doesnít really matter what you use, you just have to use enough of it. But I did notice he used Slip 2000 which is one of the better lubes out there.

You haven't? LMT is one of the most respected AR builders on the market. They build a fantastic weapon system so don't make it sound like the lube is all that matters. Sure it's important but don't discredit the systems that LMT builds.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pgUo3PeCi5c/TBAnDYIg0kI/AAAAAAAAAsw/7V9QuozhIGQ/s1024/KevwLMT.jpg

HAIL CAESAR
03-19-2012, 15:46
That was an excellent write up. You donít hear to much about LMT but you never hear anything bad about them, at least I havenít. Mine has been 100%.
That just goes to show that lubrication is the key. Doesnít really matter what you use, you just have to use enough of it. But I did notice he used Slip 2000 which is one of the better lubes out there.

LMT was the uber flavor of the month about 10 years ago. If you didn't have a LMT you would die in a fire fight.:rofl:

In all seriousness LMT is one of the very best AR's ever sold. They are just not "cool" anymore.

Jer
03-19-2012, 16:48
In all seriousness LMT is one of the very best AR's ever sold. They are just not "cool" anymore.

Which is exactly why I own one. I don't need 'cool' I need good. It's funny how I can tell the AR n00bs from people who know because you say LMT and they could care less but those who know... know.

WoodenPlank
03-19-2012, 17:11
You haven't? LMT is one of the most respected AR builders on the market. They build a fantastic weapon system so don't make it sound like the lube is all that matters. Sure it's important but don't discredit the systems that LMT builds.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pgUo3PeCi5c/TBAnDYIg0kI/AAAAAAAAAsw/7V9QuozhIGQ/s1024/KevwLMT.jpg

...hey, you stole my hat!

:whistling:

(Wait, mine is on my head right now...move along...)

K. Foster
03-19-2012, 17:54

I wasnít discrediting anything. As Caesar alluded to, they were all the rage about 8-10 years ago. Now, they arenít as popular but they still make an excellent rifle. What I said was ďI havenít heard anything bad about themĒ.
Also, I didnít say ďLube is all that matters.Ē I think you took my post in a direction it wasnít intended to go.