Thinking about a "trade in" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a "trade in"

SC Tiger
03-19-2012, 08:45
I'm trying to decide something. Currently I have a Ruger Vaquero Bisley SA revolver in .44 mag. Shoots okay though a little low for me but I can fix that with either handloads or a file (I'd have to do a BUNCH of firing from a rest before I go this route). However, I would really like either a Ruger Redhawk or Super Blackhawk.

I am considering selling my Vaquero to fund this, but there is an issue - the Vaquero is no longer made in .44 mag. I am wondering if the value of this gun could go up over time, making it worth keeping.

I guess my question is - should I hang onto the Vaquero with the anticipation it will increase in value?

TN.Frank
03-19-2012, 09:09
Get the gun you'll be happy with. I think a Redhawk, 5.5" bbl is an awesome 44Mag. Big enough to get the job done but small enough to carry. The 7.5" version is a bit much even though I did use to open carry one in a cross draw holster when I lived in Phoenix, AZ. JMHO, YMMV.

alwaysshootin
03-19-2012, 09:13
Personally, I like the feeling of having something rare, more, than the feeling of selling, at a profit. Just because it is somewhat rare, would make me want to keep it, and just buy another that is to your liking. Save up to get the one you want, and keep the one you have. You would regret selling it down the road, I would think.

Alwaysshootin