Trijicon SRS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon SRS

Ruggles
03-19-2012, 18:54
Anybody have a opinion on the new Trijicon?

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=SRS&mid=1x38

It looks like a perfect choice for me :) Retail is going to be around $875 so it is expensive but darn it looks nice.

New Trijicon SRS Solar Red Dot - YouTube

I really like the wide field of view it offers, the one thing I like the Eotechs over the Aimpoint for is the wider field of view. A lack of the "tube" effect if you will.

So opinions? :wavey:

WoodenPlank
03-19-2012, 19:25
It's an interesting concept, and the 1.75MOA dot is nice (albeit an odd size) compared to the reticle sizes on the Trijocon RMR.

For the money, though, I'd rather buy an Aimpoint T1 in a Larue mount for about $300 less. The T1 has outright insane battery life, so the solar panel on the SRS is a bit of a moot point.

I AM glad to see Trijocon getting away from using Tritium in EVERYTHING, though. It stops the 12 year lifespan issues, and allows them to expand their market in more countries. I believe they still have a battery powered, tritium-free ACOG coming to market for the same reasons.

ghostwn
03-19-2012, 19:47
I'll keep my Aimpoint T1 in a La Rue mount for now. I like the concept of this sight, but not sure how reliable it is. :whistling:

Ruggles
03-19-2012, 20:06
I agree this sight has not been around enough to see how it works out but it sure appears to be a nice sight :) Time will tell I guess. Sure are a lot of good choices in AR optics right now.

Cole125
03-19-2012, 20:52
Looks like a very nice red dot. I am very happy with my Trijicon Reflex 6.5 MOA, its also available in 4.5 MOA for near half the price of the SRS.

Airborne Infantryman
03-19-2012, 21:15
I love Trijicon, and I drink the Trijicon kool-aid, but for $800+ dollars, I could by an second Aimpoint T1 Micro, and still have enough left over to get a can of Lake City M855......

Cochese
03-22-2012, 15:07
Interesting. May pick one up to demo.