Wife with new gen 4 26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wife with new gen 4 26

man.cave
03-19-2012, 20:20
Ok I am not a lady, but I did purchase a gen 4 g26 for my wife as her cc weapon. Problem, I had her shoot some cheap PMC 115gr and she couldn't get them to cycle, now I shot about 30 of the 50 rds with no problem. Now she did shot about 10 rds of the 124 gr with only one ftf. She kinda of got discouraged and I plan on working with her this up coming weekend, any ideas. She has shot my 27 and 22 and 23 without issue. Is the spring just that stiff in the new ones. I will work with her using 124 gr or greater, I really want her to enjoy her new gun.

I thought the gun itself shot great, I just need to increase her confidence or I am going to have to buy her a sig p238.

btw, she shoots pretty good with most guns, I am just hoping that this g26 is just tight or the ammo really sucked.

GLOCK17DB9
03-19-2012, 20:40
I think she's playing you for a different gun!:rofl: Just kidding! Hope you like your new G26:supergrin:

ithaca_deerslayer
03-20-2012, 11:18
Dude here. Don't know if she likes the 26 or not, that's up to her.

But in general, it takes about 200 rounds to know if a gun is reliable for carry. Not exact science, but an intuition of "this thing seems to be jamming still" or "this thing had a couple jams early on but seems to be fine now" or "this thing has never jammed". If the first, then don't carry it :)

Also, for ammo, I hate cheap crappy ammo. It isn't so much about price, but identifying the ammo that seems to work good. My wife and I buy Federal American Eagle 124 gr because it works well in all our 9mm guns. For carry, Speer Gold Dot 124 gr works good for us. If I see some other brand or bullet weight on sale, I'm not buying it. Saving a couple dollars is not worth the hassle of introducing a problem to your shooting, and then not knowing if it was the gun, the magazine, or you.

My 2 cents :)

man.cave
03-20-2012, 13:32
I think the gun is ok, the recoil spring seems pretty stiff next to my other 40's and 9mm, My 27 spring isn't that stiff. I just hate her first experience with it wasn't a great one.

tedthorn
03-20-2012, 18:26
My wife has a G27 and loves it...just try some diff ammo