239 Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 239 Question

Benello
03-19-2012, 20:54
I asked this on Sigforum and I figured I'd ask it here too as many of you guys have Sigs.

So I was finally able to find another p239 9mm after having to sell my last one and after putting about 350 rounds through it thus far, I am very impressed. It is super accurate and has been 100% reliable. My only question is though, the last round in the mag will sometimes eject directly back, and rather weak as well. It sort of seems to "burp" the casing out and a couple of times it has bounced off the rear portion of the slide. Now this is only with the last round occasionally, and my grip is nice and tight. If it were an actual issue, then I would assume it would happen during other rounds within the mag, but they all eject fine. And don't get me wrong, the gun has spit out every single spent case without failure, but those couple times when it came back at me and weakened have left me wondering what the deal is if anything. I have had this happen with my Glock occasionally too, which has over 6500 trouble free rounds, but am wondering if this is normal and if anyone has experienced it with thier 239 or other pistol?

KiltedSoule
03-19-2012, 21:24
Hadn't experienced that before with my 239 (.40) yet, but my friend's old Star 9mm would do that with low grain bullets (seemed to operate just fine with ones that were heavier than 115 grain)

HKLovingIT
03-19-2012, 22:02
I have a P239 9mm and I have not had that issue that I have ever noticed. I have a lot rounds through it. Even my ex-wife :steamed: was not able to induce it to malfunction. A miracle.

Did your last one do it?

Does it do it with every magazine?

What ammo you shooting? I mostly use American Eagle 124 gr.

Benello
03-19-2012, 22:13
I never shot the one I had before. I numbered the mags but did not think to check when it occurred. My ammo was AE and Blazer Brass 115 FMJ. Pretty good factory ammo. Not hot like defense loads, but not weak like straight Federal or UMC. I am prolly making something of nothing, as I said before it cycles every round and has not failed, but I am just anal about my weapons and want to know why it occurs like that every once in a while.

One guy said it occurs with his .40 on the Sigforum, I just want to know how common it is, and what accounts for it. The ejector is fine and my grip is solid. I thought it may be striking something on one of the mag followers, but who knows.

collim1
03-19-2012, 22:58
Never noticed it with mine before. Maybe the upcoming wound in the mag gives it a little extra push that the empty follower does not.

I'll have to look for it next time I shoot mine.

HKLovingIT
03-20-2012, 11:17
I never shot the one I had before. I numbered the mags but did not think to check when it occurred. My ammo was AE and Blazer Brass 115 FMJ. Pretty good factory ammo. Not hot like defense loads, but not weak like straight Federal or UMC. I am prolly making something of nothing, as I said before it cycles every round and has not failed, but I am just anal about my weapons and want to know why it occurs like that every once in a while.

One guy said it occurs with his .40 on the Sigforum, I just want to know how common it is, and what accounts for it. The ejector is fine and my grip is solid. I thought it may be striking something on one of the mag followers, but who knows.

Well here is one idea. Go to Wal-Del-Mart and see if you can pick up a 50 round box of the Winchester NATO 9mm. It has a bit more pep. Number the mags and run it through and see what happens. Record results. Run a 50 rounds box of the blazer through and see if you get a pattern based on magazine or ammo.

Benello
03-20-2012, 19:28
Well here is one idea. Go to Wal-Del-Mart and see if you can pick up a 50 round box of the Winchester NATO 9mm. It has a bit more pep. Number the mags and run it through and see what happens. Record results. Run a 50 rounds box of the blazer through and see if you get a pattern based on magazine or ammo.

I see what you are saying, but if it is a matter of ammo power, then why is it only on the last round, and why only occasionally? 99% of them (the 115 fmj rounds) eject with a great deal of force up and over my right shoulder.

sns3guppy
03-21-2012, 00:40
Mine is .40, and I've never noticed that. Not to say it doesn't happen, but I've never noticed it.

I suspect that it has to do with the grip being used when firing, and with slide lock-back. Perhaps it's the way the weapon is being held. Perhaps the shooter is anticipating the last shot or changing his grip or grips strength/positioning at the last shot. Load several magazines with varying numbers of rounds and shoot them so that the last shot isn't predictable, and see if it occurs each time the same way.

NEOH212
03-21-2012, 03:26
Try different ammo, preferably something more powerful and see if it keeps up. Also, see if it happens with all your magazines or just one.

MoneyMaker
03-21-2012, 05:52
Do they not except new members over at sig forum? Been waiting for a bit now for activation

Benello
03-21-2012, 18:10
I think they are accepting new members. Just takes a few days to clear if i remember correctly.

Good advice guys.