New lc9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New lc9

Luvdux
03-20-2012, 19:29
Saw a good deal so decided to try an lc9 for a summertime carry. Don't know if I will end up with this gun but want to try this size.

First any ammo suggestions? Bought some gold dot 147 gr gdhp, but am new to 9mm and the lc9 so help in this area is appreciated.

As a general review, the gun has a long trigger pull but very smooth. It really sucks to dry fire, but shooting I don't notice as much. Do not like the loaded chamber indicator, but don't really mind it much. May disable it, don't know yet. Safety, actually really like it. I can flick it on for pocket carry, if I am just running out for a sec and just grab and go, but one thing I really like it for is, I flick it on, holster the gun, and then flick it off. I love my glocks, but that is one time I do like the safety.

Have not carried it yet other than around my yard, just can't quite bring my self to leave the glock at home.

bac1023
03-20-2012, 19:45
Congrats! :cool:

TSAX
03-20-2012, 19:58
just can't quite bring my self to leave the glock at home.

Its ok many people feel this way, one day you will just like how many people used to leave their house and not want to buy a Glock because of all the bs surrounding it, now more and more own and shot Glocks. Congrats. :wavey:

:50cal:

MinnesnowtaWild
03-20-2012, 21:07
I almost bought one on Friday since Fleet Farm had them on sale for $330. But I decided to pass on it...it's smaller than my Glock 26 but I am only able to have and afford two pistols right now and I can't justify a gun that's not a whole lot smaller than my G26.

WarEagle32
03-20-2012, 23:12
I like my 26 a lot better than my LC9.

Goldendog Redux
03-20-2012, 23:21
I bought my LC9 for summer carry as well as quick trips to the store or whatever. It serves it's purpose. I don't bother with the safety, it stays off and I am a 1911 guy. I shot a hundred or so rounds through it the other day and while I can't say I enjoyed shooting it, I did not hate it. It is good to go at 25 yards.

I keep it loaded with Federal tactical HST but that is because it is what I have. I don't concern myself too much with ammo stats. I'm sure it would sting if it hit you.

I need to buy a better holster for it someday.

MF

M2 Carbine
03-20-2012, 23:21
When I bought mine I put a quick thousand, trouble free, rounds through it in 8 days.
I'm not much on manual safeties, LCI and magazine disconnects but since the gun had them I thought I'd give them a fair trial. I actually came to rely on the LCI. Got used to the thumb safety. Still hated the mag disconnect, so removed it.
The gun now has something over 1,700 trouble free rounds, (I stopped counting at 1,700).

Like today, I pocket carry the LC9 when I can.

I liked the gun so much I bought a spare.:)

First any ammo suggestions?
I've shot something over 7 different kinds of ammo, JHP, FMJ, lead, round nose, flat point, etc. Everything works fine.

Even out to 52 yards the little gun will mostly stay in the bad guy.
Well, actually the gun will stay COM in the bad guy but I can't (when standing).:)

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/RugerLC952imissyardtarget.jpg

Luvdux
03-21-2012, 08:35
I keep it loaded with Federal tactical HST but that is because it is what I have. I don't concern myself too much with ammo stats. I'm sure it would sting if it hit you.

MF

I agree I'm not so worried with the stats, I just know some guns don't like certain bullets. I have a benelli that just does not like Remington #1 steel shot. I can drop it in the mud and sand and cycle everything else even other remington shells but those just won't cycle.