Virginia Tech Shooting 2007 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Shooting 2007

bama_glock
03-20-2012, 19:46
Interesting events today. I think a lot of you would be interested in this read since we are 2nd amendment protectors. Keeping my personal opinions to myself.

http://www.guns.com/jury-virginia-tech-negligent-2007-shootings-cho.html

DonD
03-21-2012, 07:37
Far too many universities are bastions of liberal BS and VA Tech is one of them.

That concealed carry has reduced violent crime rates is indisputable but universities and liberals are horrified at the idea of "frightening" and scary guns on campus.

If a competent and courageous CCW carrier or two had been in the first classroom and had defended themselves and by that, the entire group, I think odds are that far fewer people would have died. The gunman might well have been wounded or killed and at least highly distracted from his original objective.

But no, in the aftermath of VA Tech, the bozo administration refused to allow guns. Glad they lost the case.

1gewehr
03-21-2012, 08:03
I hate to see cases like this. The idiot administrators who make the policies aren't hurt one bit by this. It's the taxpayers of Virginia who will pay that settlement. That's not right.

This shooting was just proof once again that "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." Name ONE school shooting where the police stopped the shooter within ten minutes? Yep, just name ONE!

DonD
03-21-2012, 08:16
I hate to see cases like this. The idiot administrators who make the policies aren't hurt one bit by this. It's the taxpayers of Virginia who will pay that settlement. That's not right.

This shooting was just proof once again that "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." Name ONE school shooting where the police stopped the shooter within ten minutes? Yep, just name ONE!

You're absolutely right. Same thing sometimes happens with police shooting some career criminal. The "victim" or their devoted, yeah, sure, family gets some bottom sucking ambulance chaser and the city rolls over and gives a settlement to someone who ought to be in jail. Don

Andrewsky
03-21-2012, 08:21
There should be no place on earth, besides the inside of a jail, where a man is not allowed to carry a fire arm.

vafish
03-21-2012, 09:14
There should be no place on earth, besides the inside of a jail, where a man is not allowed to carry a fire arm.

Except for private property.

Property owners rights to control activity on their property out weigh the individuals rights.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

nathanours
03-21-2012, 09:16
I am sitting in class at CSU right now with my G19 in an MTAC.

SiberianErik
03-21-2012, 10:24
I am sitting in class at CSU right now with my G19 in an MTAC.

is that legal ???? campus carry is not legal is it ??

I believe you should have a gun on you when ever you want but I still respect the laws in relation to this and won't CC where I am not allowed.

BTW I got perma banned for advocating campus carry and how it would have saved lives at VT from my BMW forum. :crying:

wjv
03-21-2012, 14:31
is that legal ???? campus carry is not legal is it ??

BTW I got perma banned for advocating campus carry and how it would have saved lives at VT from my BMW forum. :crying:

In some States it is legal. .

Sue the forum owner for emotional damage. . He banned you for advocating something that was legal :rofl:

DonD
03-21-2012, 15:17

I'd disagree there, no one should be allowed into a nuclear weapons facility with any firearm. Following retirement from the military, I worked in Military Liaison for Sandia National Laboratories for 17 yrs, sister lab to Los Alamos and there are multitudes of good reasons for our regulations on that subject.

Whenever you say "no place" or "never" you're almost always wrong. Don

AA#5
03-21-2012, 15:22
I'd disagree there, no one should be allowed into a nuclear weapons facility with any firearm. Following retirement from the military, I worked in Military Liaison for Sandia National Laboratories for 17 yrs, sister lab to Los Alamos and there are multitudes of good reasons for our regulations on that subject.

Whenever you say "no place" or "never" you're almost always wrong. Don

I also don't think guns belong in bars.

Andrewsky
03-21-2012, 19:32
Except for private property.

Property owners rights to control activity on their property out weigh the individuals rights.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I agree that you should be able to exclude people. I disagree with excluding firearms.

brndnew01
03-21-2012, 20:08
Wow, as a VT grad and being on campus when all this happend, I think the admins could and should of done a better job warning us... Our school was forever changed in one day and it could up been avoided if ccw were allowed.

MarcDW
03-21-2012, 23:56
I would word it this way: Nobody should be restricted from CCW in any public place. Where restrictions are implied adequate controls and armed security has to be provided.

WoodenPlank
03-22-2012, 00:22
I would word it this way: Nobody should be restricted from CCW in any public place. Where restrictions are implied adequate controls and armed security has to be provided.

I would agree with this.