I bought a really nice padlock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I bought a really nice padlock

CajunBass
03-21-2012, 05:16
And got a gun included in the box. :supergrin:

I had been reading about Ruger planning to donate a million bucks to the NRA if they sold a million guns for a year or so. Last I heard the cutoff date was the NRA convention in April, so I decided to kick in and pick up something. I've owned a couple of Ruger 22 semi-suto's over the years, but have traded/sold them off. So I figured they're about as inexpensive as anything Ruger sells, so I'd get another one. They're always fun.

Stopped by the LGS, and asked if they had a plain Ruger semi-auto. Four inch barrel, fixed sights. Clerk who knows my taste in Smith & Wesson revolvers looked at me like I was from Mars.

"You want a what?"

That's right. A Ruger...You know...MK III, blue, 4" barrel, fixed sights. He turned to the used rack. "No, I want a new one." NEW?....Yes, I want a new one, in the box, never fired.

GBC (guy behind the counter) get the gun...That's it. I'll take it. GBC goes to get papers...Another of my regular salesmen comes by and looks, sees the Ruger. "Someone leave that out?"...No, I'm looking at it...YOU'RE looking at it?

Good grief...can't a guy buy something else once in a while? :supergrin:

Anyway, I got this great big padlock. There was a gun in the box too. I haven't taken a picture yet, but if you've seen one MK III, Standard, blue, with a 4" tapered barrel, you've pretty much seen them all.

I plan to break it in tomorrow.

bac1023
03-21-2012, 05:30
Congrats on a great pistol. The Ruger Mark series are among my favorite rimfires.

:needspics:

DonD
03-21-2012, 07:22
Great idea.

I do have what I think is a good suggestion. I have a bull barreled Ruger .22/45, very enjoyable gun, very reliable in its functioning, decent trigger.

I tried a Ruger MK II a guy at the range let me shoot. Had a Volquartsen sear in it. Really improved the trigger. Put one in my .22/45, same result. Pretty good trigger considerably improved, making a really enjoyable gun much better. Don

Zombie Steve
03-21-2012, 07:37
You bought a WHAAAAT?

SigFTW
03-21-2012, 07:38
"You want a what?" That is too funny :rofl:

Next week go in and ask for a Hello Kitty AR and see what expression you get from the LGS guys.:whistling:

I picked up a new Ruger 45LC/ACP Bisley Stainless last month. Did my part.

Post some pics when you get a chance!!

M2 Carbine
03-21-2012, 08:54
Recently a friend told me, after I bought the 12th Ruger,
"For a guy that's not that big a Ruger fan you are sure buying a lot of Rugers".:supergrin:

SigFTW
03-21-2012, 09:45
Recently a friend told me, after I bought the 12th Ruger,
"For a guy that's not that big a Ruger fan you are sure buying a lot of Rugers".:supergrin:

:rofl::rofl: