Low capacity carriers, what's your plan when you run out? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Low capacity carriers, what's your plan when you run out?

Metal Angel
03-21-2012, 11:56
My next gun is going to be somewhere in the 5-7 round range. Currently I carry a 19 and don't ever feel like I don't have enough ammo, except of course when I leave it at home, which happens quite often. If I get a 5 round, it will be the new xds 45, otherwise it will be one of the various 6 or 7 round 9mm slims.

Either way, it doesn't feel like much ammo. I think I would be comfortable taking on one guy with 5 rounds, (comfortable being a relative term) but 2 guys? Or 3? And what happens when you run out? Before you shot at them, they may have just grabbed your wallet and roughed you up, but now that you shot at them, they are gonna curb stomp you.

So what is your plan?

NeverMore1701
03-21-2012, 12:01
Spare mags?

joecoastie
03-21-2012, 12:12
I often carry a 5 shot revolver with at least 3 reloads. I plan to be leaving the scene or at least getting to cover as I fire the 5 rounds in the gun. The continual argument for high capacity guns seems to be "What if you're fighting multiple attackers?" While those extra rounds may increase your odds, in reality if you're facing multiple attackers on your own it doesn't matter how many bullets are in your gun, you can only shoot one attacker at a time.

T-Rod45
03-21-2012, 12:13
You can never be prepared for everything.

But...

Having 5-7 shots on your person is better than having 15-20 shots at home.

I carry mostly a Glock 23 or an LC9 when dress permits it. Always a spare mag with either.

JK-linux
03-21-2012, 12:18
Low capacity carriers, what's your plan when you run out?

Same thing that people who carry 15 round mags do when they run out... hide, run like hell, or as a last resort pray and then attempt to hack the aggressor's eyes out with a big folding knife. ;)

Metal Angel
03-21-2012, 12:26
I often carry a 5 shot revolver with at least 3 reloads. I plan to be leaving the scene or at least getting to cover as I fire the 5 rounds in the gun. The continual argument for high capacity guns seems to be "What if you're fighting multiple attackers?" While those extra rounds may increase your odds, in reality if you're facing multiple attackers on your own it doesn't matter how many bullets are in your gun, you can only shoot one attacker at a time.

Good point. I guess by the time I know 5 guys are about to attack me I will be lucky to incapacitate one guy before they reach me.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-21-2012, 12:27
You can never be prepared for everything.

But...

Having 5-7 shots on your person is better than having 15-20 shots at home.

I carry mostly a Glock 23 or an LC9 when dress permits it. Always a spare mag with either.

Agree.

Have a gun, because that is better than not having a gun. Even if just a 5 shot snubby.

And to go one step better, carry an extra 5 rounds. That way if you shoot all 5 in a flurry of self-defense, you have a chance to get out of Dodge and reload for whatever is still coming after you.

Is it a perfect plan? No. But it is better than no plan at all :)

Mr Spock
03-21-2012, 12:31
My 7+1 single stack 9mm in a CTAC plus an extra mag in a tuckable mag holster from the same company gives me 15 rds. Mag changes from the waist are quicker than pocket and I practice enough that I am as quick as I would need to be after expending 8 rounds.

Then again, if I carry the 19 I still have a spare mag. Just a habit to have one no matter what I am carrying.

SigFTW
03-21-2012, 12:40
I was told by my CHL instructor that most confrontations involved 3 shots fired. Don't know how true that is.:dunno:

I carry 10 with my 45ACP and think that is enough.

eracer
03-21-2012, 12:48
I carry 6+1 .45 ACP in my pocket, and another 5 in a spare mag on my belt.

I hope that's enough. If not, I was probably going to lose the fight anyway because I was badly outnumbered, or I haven't trained enough to hit vitals under pressure.

T-Rod45
03-21-2012, 13:14
I was told by my CHL instructor that most confrontations involved 3 shots fired. Don't know how true that is.:dunno:

I carry 10 with my 45ACP and think that is enough.

Averages are fine until you find yourself in an above average situation. When it comes to bullets, it's one of those things where too much is definitely better than not enough...

A friend recently asked me why I carry an extra mag with my Glock 23. He carries a G19 and no spare. He expressed how he felt that it was highly unlikely that you would ever need more than 14-16 rounds in a typical SD situation. I agreed with him.

Then I brought up the topic of malfunction... ;)

Bren
03-21-2012, 13:20
My next gun is going to be somewhere in the 5-7 round range. Currently I carry a 19 and don't ever feel like I don't have enough ammo, except of course when I leave it at home, which happens quite often. If I get a 5 round, it will be the new xds 45, otherwise it will be one of the various 6 or 7 round 9mm slims.

Either way, it doesn't feel like much ammo. I think I would be comfortable taking on one guy with 5 rounds, (comfortable being a relative term) but 2 guys? Or 3? And what happens when you run out? Before you shot at them, they may have just grabbed your wallet and roughed you up, but now that you shot at them, they are gonna curb stomp you.

So what is your plan?

My plan is to use my rounds to shoot people, not to "shoot at" people.

Rumbler_G20
03-21-2012, 13:20
Simple!

1) Professional training. Lots of it.
2) Carry extra magazines.
3) Don't miss 60+% of your shots.

So what is your plan?

tuica
03-21-2012, 13:44
As soon as you drop the first one (or just aim your weapon), the rest will scatter. Think anyone facing a barking pistol will be calculating the number of rounds you might be carrying? And psychological group-thinking should prevent ANY of the BG's from rushing you. Even if faced by say eight guys, and you have only five rounds. Because no one ever wants to be shot, and none of them knows who you will be shooting first, second, third, etc.!!!

Also, with only 5 or 6 rounds - that is a five/six round advantage over when you did not ever carry! I usually carry a six round 45 (ACP/GAP), and feel pretty well protected. After that, I can follow the movie tactic, and throw the gun at the remaining BG's - or beat feet! Cheers.

MrMurphy
03-21-2012, 13:50
And sometimes they won't.

The one time as a civilian the odds were against me, the mag and spare I had (21 rounds) might not have been enough, as there were four of them.

They saw more survivable options and departed but I prefer 'more is better'. Even on the times when a five shot .38 is all I have on me, I always have at least 2 reloads. In the case of the snubbie, where reloads take up very little room, often more.

Odds are against me 1. ever needing it and 2. surviving long enough to successfully reload a snub 3-4 times. But you never know. My normal carry piece is a G30 with 2 reloads.

tuica
03-21-2012, 14:13
Not that I doubt your story, Sir. But four guys and you had 21 rounds? But then again, I do not know the details of your encounter. Were they armed in any way? Did they have you surrounded? Were you trapped? A long way from help?These, and many other details may adjust the situation, but I still stand by my above statements. And yes, I have also faced some danger in the streets. I was once robbed with a knife held against my throat. This was during my wilder days, some 30 years past, but I still remember , if that guy started cutting, I was going to kill him with my bare hands. Cheerio!

wjv
03-21-2012, 14:21
5 shot revolver with at least 3 reloads

Yup. . That's what I do. .

The one time as a civilian the odds were against me, the mag and spare I had (21 rounds) might not have been enough, as there were four of them.

Where they armed?

Last time I was outnumber 5 or 6 to one, just the sight of my 5 shot .38 was enough to change their minds. . But then, I was the only one with a gun.

A friend carries a G19 and no spare. He expressed how he felt that it was highly unlikely that you would ever need more than 14-16 rounds in a typical SD situation. I agreed with him.

Then I brought up the topic of malfunction..

Agreed. . Malfunctions are far more likely than running dry. When I carried a semi-auto, I always had a spare mag. Mostly for the malfunction issue and not for the extra ammo issue.

TN.Frank
03-21-2012, 14:54
While I know I carry only a 5 shot revolver for EDC/CCW I don't think the bad guy will know it, all he'll know is that I'm shooting at him and if he has any sense at all he'll want to get away from me as fast as he can.
I mean it's not like I"m going to tell him that I only have 5 shots with two speedloaders in my pocket and I'm not just going to stand there either. I'll be trying to get away from him too.
I look at it as more of a lethal diversion so I can get away and hopefully change his mind about the encounter instead of a "stand and fight and kill em' all" weapon.
Planning not to be somewhere where you'll need a gun is half the battle, then if something does happen plan on getting away as fast as you can so you can get to somewhere safe.
Also, practice and get to know your firearm so those 5 or 7 or 8 shots will count for something if/when you do ever need to use them.
A gun with 17+1 does you no good at all if you miss 18 times but a gun with 5 shots works great if you can hit with 3 or 4 out of 5.

TonyT
03-21-2012, 15:33
Run like a bat out of hell!
Seriously, I carry a G-36 or Kahr PM-9 with 7 rounds. I feel that is adequate in a self defense situation. I do not intend to get into a gangfight. The first rule of self defense is to avoid unnecessary exposure to potentially dangerous situations.

s&wfan
03-21-2012, 15:48
If you ever get into an actual gun fight, it's probably going to be over within three, maybe four rounds at the most. That's win or lose, I think, according to stats.

TSAX
03-21-2012, 15:52
Run like a bat out of hell!

Run Forrest Run (REAL) - YouTube

:50cal:

Wetrudgeon
03-21-2012, 16:02
For our part, we intend to run. We are not so young anymore, but when properly terrified we are still plenty fleet of foot.

Come to think of it, we shall likely run first and shoot only if/when the foot race proves unsuccessful.

We trudge on.

VinnieD
03-21-2012, 16:03
Criminals aren't berserkers. They aren't going to blindly charge you no matter how many drop with total disregard for personal safety. Drop one and I doubt the others are going to stop and do the math of how many rounds that took versus how many of them there are and their individual likelihood of being the next to get shot in an all out attack.

That said carrying spare mags and speed loaders is still a good idea just in case BG1's buddies really do just have nothing to live for other than to take down carrying Joe Shmoe, but in that case you really should be going for cover/escape anyway. You aren't dirty harry and you won't take down an entire gang by yourself regardless of what you're carrying.

I'd more say higher capacity is more useful for a bigger problem which is failure to stop, in which case maybe trading capacity for stopping power would be worthwhile.

Creatism
03-21-2012, 16:09
Deep cover is a pf9 no spare!
Regular is a g36 with a spare mag and then the pf9 tucked into a pocket just incase!!!

Typed from my iPhone.

MoNsTeR
03-21-2012, 16:39
If you think you are fending off 3 guys you are kidding yourself. That's really all there is to it.

T-Rod45
03-21-2012, 16:42
Frag out...?

Berto
03-21-2012, 17:43
I plan to reload my gun, so I carry reloads regardless of how many it holds.

NeverMore1701
03-21-2012, 18:02
If you think you are fending off 3 guys you are kidding yourself. That's really all there is to it.

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try.

Fragman
03-21-2012, 18:13
Couple of points.

There is no downside to carrying an extra reload. There IS a possible downside to not carrying one.

Chances are very high that you will not hit with all of your rounds. That's been proven time and time again in real life encounters. Not theoretical GT postings.

Depending on where you are when the encounter where you need to deploy your weapon occurs, even if that encounter may be over, you are not necessarily out of the woods.

So, I think an extra reload is more of a good thing than a bad thing, all things considered.

Personally, I think 5 rounds is cutting it fine. I think 30 rounds is more than you will be able to use before your are overwhelmed. I carry 10 plus a reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deputy tom
03-21-2012, 18:24
You act as you are trained. Departmental policy was two reloads on duty or one for off duty. Retired I still practice what they preached. I carry a speed strip or spare mag.most of the time. When I really don't expect trouble I'll go with no reload but always have a big sharp knife.YMMV.tom.:cool:

joecoastie
03-21-2012, 18:25
Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try.

I agree, I'm realistic enough to realize that my chances against more than one armed attacker by myself are pretty low regardless of the capacity of the handgun I carry, yet I'm enough of an optimist that I'm going to give it everything I've got.

Two_Clicks
03-21-2012, 18:30
http://www.pqinternet.com/images/Barney_Fife-gun.jpg

1911ES
03-21-2012, 18:39
Squeeze the trigger....... and put your opponent down. Period. :faint:

jwhite75
03-21-2012, 18:54
When I carry my J-Frame it personally changes how I react to things. It maybe shouldnt but it does. In the summer I almost always roll with a M&P 340 in my front strong pocket in a Nemesis. I have a speedloader in the front weak pocket and a speed strip in the weak back pocket. Thats 15 rounds, 5 rounds of .38 +p and 10 rounds of .357 mag. I am not going to get in a runnign gun battle with w 1 7/8" revolver. I practice out to ten yds max with that gun and do not consider myself a "warrior" with it. I do well with both forms of relaods but they are far from natural for me compared to a mag change.

If I see an incident occur and I can be a good witness with my J-Frame in my pocket then I will be. I will only deploy my snub if I HAVE to. I would be more willing to engage an active threat with a whirlwind of violence with my 23 or P228, Becaus eof their inherent shootability and my confidence with them.

michael e
03-21-2012, 18:57
If I dont carry my glock, it is a SW642 and a LCP with extra mag for LCP. It is rare that I dont carry a glock.

Bullman
03-21-2012, 19:00
I never carry a gun I don't have a reload with me. If I am carrying my 23, it is just one spare mag, but if I had a 7 shot slim 9, I would probably carry 2 spare mags. When I carry my sp101, 3 speedloaders.

collim1
03-21-2012, 19:07
My daily carry is a P239 9mm which is 8+1. I always carry a spare mag. Occasionally I carry a jframe with 5 shots of .38spl+p.

I try to carry more than a jframe, but mainly because they are not as shooter friendly as a larger gun, not because of the capacity.

I tend to be less concerned about the capacity and more about the platform and caliber.

Carry a reload and practice with your carry gun. I would be ok carrying the XDS assuming it was reliable. 5+1 of .45acp with a reload is no joke.

WinterWizard
03-21-2012, 19:14
I think the average number of rounds fired in a defensive shooting is like 2-3 rounds (not police shootings or gang shootings, etc., that throw off stats). And in one study of defensive shootings, 0.5% (yes, that's one half of one percent) reloaded their gun. If your gun malfunctions in a shootout (and most take place at a distance of a few arm lengths or less), you will just be dead. Your attacker will not stop to allow you to clear your weapon and insert a fresh mag. And if you are far enough away that you can safely reload, you should be fleeing not shooting, generally. That being said, I do stick an extra mag for my G36 in my left front pocket because they are light, small and hell .... why not? 7 in the gun and 6 more in my pocket is fine for me. If I need 16-18 in the gun and extra mags, I will just be running away. I am not a cop or Navy Seal.

I will add, that if you are facing multiple attackers who have guns, well ... good luck – you'll probably just die even if you take a couple with you. If you are facing multiple attackers who do NOT have guns, the rest will scatter once you shoot the first guy. I would say this is a 99.9% certainty. Anyone who doesn't understand this doesn't live in the city or never has.

fnfalman
03-21-2012, 19:20
Carry four or five guns. Then you don't have to worry about reloads. I plan on carrying five of my Colt snubbies. Two in the small of back, one on left hip for crossdraw, one on right hip for quick draw, and the hideout in an ankle holster.

ronin.45
03-21-2012, 19:23
When I run out, I'll wait patiently for the meat wagon to come get the bodies!

I'm more likely to get struck by lightning than need to reload during a gunfight.

DoubleWide
03-21-2012, 19:29
7+1, a knife, and a realization that I can quickly make back any money that I'd lose if giving up my wallet is the best option. Less worried about a bunch of people being pissed at me enough to ignore a gun.

MajorD
03-21-2012, 19:31
getting into a gun fight at all is a million to one type of thing(not that it will stop me from carrying) and one where more than a few rounds are shot is like a 10 million to one odds thing. my jframe and one reload is going to get the job done. could I run out? possibly, but highly highly doubtful. I am willing to accept that in exchange for a reasonable amount of weight and bulk. every carry gun is a compromise- even when we start talking rifles or shotguns!

glockdoc21
03-21-2012, 20:24
getting into a gun fight at all is a million to one type of thing(not that it will stop me from carrying) and one where more than a few rounds are shot is like a 10 million to one odds thing. my jframe and one reload is going to get the job done. could I run out? possibly, but highly highly doubtful. I am willing to accept that in exchange for a reasonable amount of weight and bulk. every carry gun is a compromise- even when we start talking rifles or shotguns!

I agree completely. Maybe when I'm debt free, have my 401K maxed out and have my kids college paid for I'll have time to start worrying about reloads for encounters I'll never get into. How many spare tires do you people carry in your cars? One is none right?

ithaca_deerslayer
03-21-2012, 21:08

MajorD, don't be bringing reason into this :rofl:

FLIPPER 348
03-21-2012, 23:39
5 .38s in the ti snub when CCW, 8 +1 in the 1911 for HD with an extra mag in the closet.

carbuncle
03-21-2012, 23:55
I've carried 31 rounds for numerous guns, 10 rounds for one gun and 13 rounds for two different guns with all variations involving a loaded chamber (or 5 loaded chambers), full mag and spare (or speed loader). I've never felt undergunned with any combination, but I'm not anticipating gunning down a horde of anything.

Metal Angel
03-22-2012, 01:17
When people talk about carrying multiple guns all I can think of is this guy.
http://images.wikia.com/theboondocksaints/images/4/43/Boondock_1.jpg
Seems ridiculous to me. For the size and weight of an extra gun you could easily carry 2 or 3 reloads for the one gun you are carrying. And if it's malfunction you are worried about, maybe you should look into a more reliable gun.

CajunBass
03-22-2012, 01:34
I figure if I'm ever in that situation, I'll run or hide, and let the gang of dopped up bad guys, fight it out with the polar bear and the regular bear that are attacking my rear.

MrMurphy
03-22-2012, 03:08
In my situation we were pinned into the end of a drive-through by their vehicle with another car behind us, the two guys with me went hands on when one of them attempted to rob the first guy (snatched at his wallet through the window, he'd just paid for food).

When it looked like it was going to not end well i stepped out and began to draw and they split. Given my general build, haircut (flattop) and the fact I was reaching for my right hip, we'll never know if adding guy #3 to the party or the draw was what made them change their minds, or if they thought i was an off duty cop (i was mistaken for military/cop for years before I actually was, it's just my general demeanor).

But 2 weeks later 3 of those 4 guys in the same car were arrested for a fatal drive-by.

Might 21 have been enough? Maybe, maybe not. But ammo does go in a hurry in a fight, as I know from training on duty. Never hurts to have more.

Bren
03-22-2012, 04:50
I agree, I'm realistic enough to realize that my chances against more than one armed attacker by myself are pretty low regardless of the capacity of the handgun I carry, yet I'm enough of an optimist that I'm going to give it everything I've got.

I'm realistic enough to realize that the skill level of any criminal I'm likely to run into probably doesn't go much past "point and jerk trigger." Their skill is so low that CCWers often win, starting with their holstered gun against a drawn gun or knife, as we see in the news. I don't need a lot of ammo and I have a very good chance.

Cambo
03-22-2012, 08:11

I guess you haven't heard about the jewelry store owner who is now a gunfighting expert who put down wave after wave of gang members. Or the Florida gun shop owner who took out 3 waves of gang members, the 3rd wave was 2 carloads of scum.

M&P15T
03-22-2012, 08:55
These threads are completely silly. Full of silly assumptions and stupid statistics that mean absolutely nothing.

While I carry a G17C with 18 rds, anyone can justify carrying whatever they want to. There is absolutely no way of knowing what type of threat one will face.

Bruce M
03-22-2012, 10:11
... Before you shot at them, they may have just grabbed your wallet and roughed you up, but now that you shot at them, they are gonna curb stomp you.

So what is your plan? If you are shooting at them after they have grabbed your wallet and roughed you up you are probably a bit late to the part of the incident when the gun was the critical tool to utilize. Might be better to flee at that point.

My plan is to use my rounds to shoot people, not to "shoot at" people.

Hmm good point. "Only hits count."
Carry four or five guns. Then you don't have to worry about reloads. I plan on carrying five of my Colt snubbies. Two in the small of back, one on left hip for crossdraw, one on right hip for quick draw, and the hideout in an ankle holster.

If you make it six then you have a nice round half dozen or three brace.
:supergrin:

My guess is that there probably are going to be two kinds of groups to be faced. The kind that once the gun is produced or at latest when fired, they all scatter and flee. There may be a few groups of criminals that are resilient enough and fearless enough to not back down at the first shot. If one runs into that type group one is probably going to have to be able dispatch all of them before they can reach the victim. That skill may be as much of an ability to make quick certain hits as it is a product of having sufficient ammunition. Unless when the shooting starts the bad guys (also) go to cover or concealment.

1gewehr
03-22-2012, 11:21
The purpose of a handgun is to let you fight your way to a long gun. If the fight isn't over by the time I run through two mags of .45s, I'd better have reached a rifle!

joecoastie
03-22-2012, 12:00
I'm realistic enough to realize that the skill level of any criminal I'm likely to run into probably doesn't go much past "point and jerk trigger." Their skill is so low that CCWers often win, starting with their holstered gun against a drawn gun or knife, as we see in the news. I don't need a lot of ammo and I have a very good chance.

I see your point, and you are right, the majority of the time most CCWers are probably going to to have better skills then the criminals that they face and those skills are going to be the deciding factor more than capacity. I guess I was looking more at the capacity side of this debate than the skill side. Seems like a lot of people that argue in favor of higher capacity use it as a crutch to replace training. It also seems that a lot of people have 17+ bullets in their gun so they think they are well equipped to take on multiple opponents, but I wonder how many of them actually practice engaging multiple targets?

Bren
03-22-2012, 12:01
The purpose of a handgun is to let you fight your way to a long gun. If the fight isn't over by the time I run through two mags of .45s, I'd better have reached a rifle!

In civilian life, most of us don't carry rifles.

Metal Angel
03-22-2012, 12:21

Where the heck did you find a rifle? I mean if someone busts through your front door you can use your carry gun to help you get to your rifle, but when you are out on the town? If my fight takes me all the way back to my long guns I'm gonna need to carry about 1000 rounds in my pockets.

Metal Angel
03-22-2012, 12:28
If you are shooting at them after they have grabbed your wallet and roughed you up you are probably a bit late to the part of the incident when the gun was the critical tool to utilize. Might be better to flee at that point.
I meant if you never produced a gun maybe all they would do is rough you up and take your wallet, posing the idea that no gun may be better than a low cap gun in some circumstances. If you do shoot at them (maybe you even incap one or two of them) and run out of ammo and they figure that out, it's too late to say "here take my wallet".

MrMurphy
03-22-2012, 14:28
And they might take your wallet and kill you anyways.

Happening a lot more these days.

PlasticGuy
03-22-2012, 14:55
If you start with 7+1 rounds, you should be able to knock down a few bad guys. 99% of the time, that is all of them. Occasionally, a reload might be needed to knock down a couple more. Past that is talking about something way beyond concealed carry. If that's not enough ammo, you suck. Practice more.

Merkavaboy
03-22-2012, 18:53
It doesn't take multiple attackers for a defender to run out of ammo, be it an armed citizen taking on a cop killer:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_186_31/ai_n27134440/

Or a cop taking on an armed bank robber:

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Patrol/Articles/2012/02/Shots-Fired-Skokie-Illinois-08-25-2008.aspx

If you feel comfortable in carrying a 5-shot snub 38Spl or a 6-7 shot mouse gun .380 or even a 7-shot 45ACP, more power to ya. Personally I wouldn't even carry my .38 snub as a second gun; I carry my G26 with a 15 shot mag as a backup to my G19 with the same amount of rounds.

Bullman
03-22-2012, 19:17
Where the heck did you find a rifle? I mean if someone busts through your front door you can use your carry gun to help you get to your rifle, but when you are out on the town? If my fight takes me all the way back to my long guns I'm gonna need to carry about 1000 rounds in my pockets.

Or find you a long gun that travels well, like a double barrel shotgun you can put in two pieces and store in a duffel. Or a keltec su16 that pivots in the middle, or is that the sub2000?

Ruggles
03-22-2012, 19:30
I don't carry any long guns in my car to "fight my way to", if I make it to my car in a running gun fight I am thinking the gas pedal is what I am looking for :)

I carry a 1911 with low capacity, sometimes a extra mag sometimes not. Just as some people think I am crazy for doing so I think folks carrying 50 rounds of ammo in spare magazines are crazy. To each their own I guess. No harm no foul either way. I mean I would carry 50 extra rounds but that would take 6 extra mags :)

fastbolt
03-22-2012, 19:53
Well, when I've carried 5 & 6-shot revolvers, as well as semiauto pistols with mag capacities of 6, 7 & 8 rounds, my "plan" has always pretty much been to load them again if I exhaust the on-board ammunition load.

This means carrying speedloaders/speedstrips for revolvers and spare magazines for pistols.

Relevant, practical & proper training, supported by sufficiently frequent practice ... backed up by knowledge, mindset and physical condition sufficient to function under unexpected stressful conditions ... would seem a wise investment of time & money, too. ;)

After all, gear & equipment is just ... gear & equipment.

FWIW, while I carried some issued hi-cap 9mm & .40 S&W duty pistols over the span of my career, I started my career carrying an issued 6-shot .357 Magnum revolver, and I finished my career carrying an issued 7+1 capacity .45 compact. I wasn't losing any sleep over the capacity of any of the various weapons I was given to carry over the course of my career.

Haldor
03-22-2012, 19:59

Well maybe these three.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/HaldorPhil/Fun/tumblr_lhyso0S4Iw1qzl7y6o1_500.gif