Report so far and rail panel covers Q? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Report so far and rail panel covers Q?

themighty9mm
03-21-2012, 20:12
My last few posts have been about optics. The OT I was working fell through so the money wont be here for it just yet. In the mean time I am addressing all my other very minor complaints with my current set up.

Installed a KAC RAS to give me light mounting options. It came with a KAC VFG. Had no intent of actually using one. But I installed it just to try, took it to the range and found if I mounted as far forward as it can go I gained more control along with using a somewhat modified C clamp support hand grip. Finding the knights a bit long I ordered a larue FUG. Went a more expensive route as I was not exactly sure what length I'd want, and a QD set up for when I bench shoot might be a nice addition. Installed it today, had a bit of trouble adjusting the QD feature. Ended up maring the RAS a bit. Not a big issue as this rifle has no intent of being pretty, though it did saden me a bit as it was the first real scratch/nick any part of the rifle has received. Also unless I remove the FUG it is not visable. The A2 grip never seemed to have enough girth to it, so ordered a magpul MOE. I'm coming from primarily shooting beretta 92's so a larger grip is more what I'm used to. That and the MOE was cheap enough even had it not worked out I wouldnt be to upset. So I mounted that guy and feel more along the linesish of what I'm used to. Still waiting on my LMT rear sight, having some trouble with the company I ordered from. Next will be a light.

However the current question at hand is KAC panels. They are fine for the most part but took notice of the magpul xtm covers, though I read somewhere they are a bit more slim? In comparison to the KAC covers is this true? They certainly have a very cool look to them, but if user wise they are no more slim than the KAC I might think twice

WoodenPlank
03-21-2012, 20:25
Not sure on the XTM panels, but you might want to check out the LaRue index clips. No cutting to fit needed, include feet and hooks for pressure pad cables, and you can even get multi-color packs for instant camo.

You might also like the LaRue handstops. A short vert grip on the bottom rail and a hand stop on the side rail where your hand rests can be one heck of a combo, once you get them spaced correctly.

faawrenchbndr
03-21-2012, 20:27
If the overall profile of the XTM's are smaller, they can not be by much.

WoodenPlank
03-21-2012, 20:55
If the overall profile of the XTM's are smaller, they can not be by much.

Yeah, KAC panels are pretty freakin' flat.