Trump Warns ‘Massive Inflation’ Coming, Prepare [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trump Warns ‘Massive Inflation’ Coming, Prepare

Ruble Noon
03-22-2012, 17:07
http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Trump-warns-massive-inflation/2012/03/13/id/432355?PROMO_CODE=E67B-1

Ruggles
03-22-2012, 17:31
Could be but Trump is an attention begging jester IMO. I would take it more seriously if someone with a more solid background was predicting this....

snerd
03-22-2012, 17:32
http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/trump-hair.jpg

Stubudd
03-22-2012, 19:02
Could be but Trump is an attention begging jester IMO. I would take it more seriously if someone with a more solid background was predicting this....

yea he is, but there are plenty with much more solid background that are

Ruggles
03-22-2012, 19:19
yea he is, but there are plenty with much more solid background that are

There are always educated knowledge folks predicting doom and gloom....see Y2K :tongueout:

I mean the article linked in the OP had some joker predicting 50% unemployment, 50% really? And this year no less. Things had better turn bad and quick for that to happen this year. Not what we are seeing here, at all.

Trump's own call out is that unemployment stands at 20% right now, again where is he getting that information? I can tell you in south Texas it is not, not even close.

Three years ago we had experts predicting $8 gas, now it is $6 predictions. Same old same old....

JBnTX
03-22-2012, 19:26
There's big money to be made and books to be sold by predicting an economic collapse,
high inflation and high unemployment.

The gloom and doomers have been predicting the worst for America since the end of WWII.

Every pessimistic prediction always includes the battle cry that "this time it's different",
and is always supported with facts and figures that never seem to come true.

JK-linux
03-22-2012, 19:26

Ruble Noon
03-22-2012, 19:27
Trump's own call out is that unemployment stands at 20% right now, again where is he getting that information? I can tell you in south Texas it is not, not even close.

Google real unemployment numbers.

callihan_44
03-22-2012, 19:38
There are always educated knowledge folks predicting doom and gloom....see Y2K :tongueout:

I mean the article linked in the OP had some joker predicting 50% unemployment, 50% really? And this year no less. Things had better turn bad and quick for that to happen this year. Not what we are seeing here, at all.

Three years ago we had experts predicting $8 gas, now it is $6 predictions. Same old same old....

I think the unemployment # he calls out includes unemployed-those who arent even looking-under employed etc. You cant judge the entire countries rate by south texas. Also do you realize there are parts of the country over $5 gas and it's not even summer yet?

coastal4974
03-22-2012, 19:57
"General Mills profits edge down on worst inflation in 30 years"

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2012/03/21/earnings-general-mills-q3.html

:whistling:

Fracball
03-22-2012, 20:07
No disrespect to Trump, but predicting inflation does not require a special skill. For example, Glenn Beck predicted inflation too.

Stubudd
03-22-2012, 20:32

I think one thing we can say for sure, when the government owes more money than the entire country and everything in it is worth put together, every business, every piece of land, every job, everything- when that entity (the gov't) tells you something, it might not be in line with reality. They're living in a dreamworld altogether. In fact, whatever they say, that's about the only thing you can be sure isn't true, as far as i'm concerned.

There were educated people who predicted the crash of 2008 where something like a third of the wealth of the people of this country was vaporized, and which sent the government into an even greater tailspin of trying to spend out of it, setting up an even more disastrous reckoning than the one that is already inevitable. People laughed at those guys too.

Stubudd
03-23-2012, 16:34

Read this link

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/oil-conundrum-explained

not much to predict, it's already happening. I mean it's pretty obvious- if you print trillions of dollars, you're gonna have to pay for it sooner or later

"So, supply is high across the board, inventories are stocked, and demand is weak. By all common market logic, gasoline prices should be plummeting, and far more Americans should be smiling at the pump. Of course, this is not the case. Prices continue to rise despite deflationary elements, meaning, there must be some other factors at work here causing inflation in prices...... This schizophrenic disconnection between the stock market, and oil, and true supply and demand, is, though, a symptom of one very disturbing illness lurking in the backwaters of the U.S. fiscal bloodstream; dollar devaluation."

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 16:50
Gas is $3.79, down from $3.89 a week ago here, I do not think we will see anything close to $5 a gallon here anytime soon.

Where http://gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

California is self induced on their gas price, don't blame Washington for that mess.

I can tell you there is not 20% unemployment in southeast Texas, not sure how things are elsewhere. 50% unemployment predictions this year anywhere is just plain stupid though. I for one am not buying into the doom and gloom predictions, they are nothing new.

No that it matters, don't forget we are all gonna die on Dec 21st 2012 anyways........ :)

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 16:54
Read this link

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/oil-conundrum-explained

not much to predict, it's already happening. I mean it's pretty obvious- if you print trillions of dollars, you're gonna have to pay for it sooner or later

"So, supply is high across the board, inventories are stocked, and demand is weak. By all common market logic, gasoline prices should be plummeting, and far more Americans should be smiling at the pump. Of course, this is not the case. Prices continue to rise despite deflationary elements, meaning, there must be some other factors at work here causing inflation in prices...... This schizophrenic disconnection between the stock market, and oil, and true supply and demand, is, though, a symptom of one very disturbing illness lurking in the backwaters of the U.S. fiscal bloodstream; dollar devaluation."

No offense but it is hard to put stock into a story that is surround by links suggesting how I should invest in this or in that, including oil.....seems like a bit of salesmanship to me. :dunno:

Not to mention the comments below the story link pretty much tear holes into it anyways.

G19G20
03-23-2012, 17:21

It is about 20% nationally when you consider that the BLS unemployment number purposely excludes a lot of people, those that aren't looking for work, are underemployed (PT), are working under the table, etc.

http://www.shadowstats.com

South Texas has the benefit of the oil industry to help keep maximum employment. That doesn't apply to the entire country.

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 17:35
It is about 20% nationally when you consider that the BLS unemployment number purposely excludes a lot of people, those that aren't looking for work, are underemployed (PT), are working under the table, etc.

http://www.shadowstats.com

South Texas has the benefit of the oil industry to help keep maximum employment. That doesn't apply to the entire country.

Underemployment is so subjective as to be unmeasurable IMO. Who determines (and using what criteria) when someone is underemployed? Trying to come up with a measurable percentage on that is not possible and pointless IMO.

Why would we be concerned in a economic sense when someone is not looking for work? How does that accurately reflect the economy? If they are not looking then how do we know they are unable to find a job?

Working under the table, well then they are working which would mean since it is not reported it would lower the overall number of the unemployed if it was reported.

Not seeing 20% in any of these :dunno:

Texas may be in better shape (it is God's favorite state after all :tongueout:) and like I said I can only speak about what I see daily.

G19G20
03-23-2012, 18:01
You're right, some of it is subjective. It's not subjective to say that the official "8.3%" figure trotted by the gov't is utter bull**** though. You really only have to look at welfare numbers like the food stamp roles to get an idea of what real unemployment (in it's various forms) is. What's the number on stamps now? 45 million?? Check out that shadowstats site. It explains it all very well, with true data.

Btw, the massive inflation is already underway. It just hasn't been unleashed into the consumer markets, other than gas, yet.

Ruble Noon
03-23-2012, 18:12
Underemployment is so subjective as to be unmeasurable IMO. Who determines (and using what criteria) when someone is underemployed? Trying to come up with a measurable percentage on that is not possible and pointless IMO.

Why would we be concerned in a economic sense when someone is not looking for work? How does that accurately reflect the economy? If they are not looking then how do we know they are unable to find a job?

Working under the table, well then they are working which would mean since it is not reported it would lower the overall number of the unemployed if it was reported.

Not seeing 20% in any of these :dunno:

Texas may be in better shape (it is God's favorite state after all :tongueout:) and like I said I can only speak about what I see daily.

How do you know that they are not looking for work? The government drops these people after unemployment compensation runs out. That does not mean that they are not looking for work.

steveksux
03-23-2012, 18:31
http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/trump-hair.jpg

Damn you, I was going to ask if he was talking about the economy or his hair...

Randy

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 18:33
How do you know that they are not looking for work? The government drops these people after unemployment compensation runs out. That does not mean that they are not looking for work.

"those that aren't looking for work"

Right from the post I was replying too, that is what I was referring too.

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 18:37
You're right, some of it is subjective. It's not subjective to say that the official "8.3%" figure trotted by the gov't is utter bull**** though. You really only have to look at welfare numbers like the food stamp roles to get an idea of what real unemployment (in it's various forms) is. What's the number on stamps now? 45 million?? Check out that shadowstats site. It explains it all very well, with true data.

Btw, the massive inflation is already underway. It just hasn't been unleashed into the consumer markets, other than gas, yet.

Where is this massive inflation occurring? No offense but you saying it is occurring is not exactly conclusive.

The food stamp / government aid can be an indicator. But I would say that a number of those folks have no interest in looking for a job. Also keep in mind a number of those people do indeed have jobs but still qualify for these programs thus they are not unemployed. Same as it has been for years. Nothing new about that.

Little Joe
03-23-2012, 20:03
http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Trump-warns-massive-inflation/2012/03/13/id/432355?PROMO_CODE=E67B-1

Strange how the link turns into an infomercial. I'd like hear Trump's advice on preparation steps. They bait us in the linj with the billionaires name and then switch us to an Aftershock infomercial. :whistling:

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 20:13
Strange how the link turns into an infomercial. I'd like hear Trump's advice on preparation steps. They bait us in the linj with the billionaires name and then switch us to an Aftershock infomercial. :whistling:

Yeah imagine that :rofl:

I wonder if it is that same guy on the TV commercials where "a very wealthy Americans say" then in goes into the end times predictions basically. That thing directs you to some video on the internet as well. Sales pitch all the way.

Funny thing is that last year the commercial stated it would occur in 2011, now the exact same commercial say "soon" it will occur.

Stubudd
03-23-2012, 23:02
Where is this massive inflation occurring? No offense but you saying it is occurring is not exactly conclusive.

The food stamp / government aid can be an indicator. But I would say that a number of those folks have no interest in looking for a job. Also keep in mind a number of those people do indeed have jobs but still qualify for these programs thus they are not unemployed. Same as it has been for years. Nothing new about that.

Well the dollar is worth about 2% what it was 100 years ago. I'd say that's pretty massive.

But that's not what we're talking about. I'll bookmark this thread and come back to it this summer, or maybe the next, and we'll see what happens.

G19G20
03-23-2012, 23:15

I don't have the time or the inclination to start an economics lesson here but the definition of "inflation" is an increase in the money supply. "Price inflation", which is the layman's definition of inflation but is technically inaccurate, is the EFFECT of this money supply increase. All the money (trillions upon trillions) shoveled at the global banks haven't yet been released into the economy in the form of lending. Most of it is sitting as reserves at the Federal Reserve earning interest for the banks. Once (if?) the banks start lending again then you will see the price inflation that translates to higher consumer prices. The massive monetary inflation is ongoing and has been for years. The Fed is printing money by the truckload and passing it out to banks and corporations worldwide. That money just isn't being circulated into the economy yet. Commodities tend to react to monetary inflation first (see: gold and oil) and everything else lags behind. We also need to see some wage "inflation" too but that's a whole nother topic.

The food stamp / government aid can be an indicator. But I would say that a number of those folks have no interest in looking for a job.

Those people aren't considered as unemployed under the BLS formula.

Also keep in mind a number of those people do indeed have jobs but still qualify for these programs thus they are not unemployed. Same as it has been for years. Nothing new about that.

Those would be the underemployed and may or may not qualify under the BLS formula. If you're gainfully employed and making ends meet then you don't need food stamps. The working poor is now a whole new sector of the economy that isn't included in that formula either.

beforeobamabans
03-23-2012, 23:18

I guess you haven't been to a gas station lately. I guess you havent been to a grocery store recently where, for example, I bought ground chuck "on sale" for $3.60/lb.

My business is commercial building materials. We raised prices approximately 25% in 2011 just to keep up with raw material costs. We are raising prices again on April 1. And, if you haven't noticed, this isn't exactly a booming industry at the moment.

That's about as real as it gets.

This inflationary spike caused by the devaluation of the dollar from the Fed desperately flooding the market with printed (worthless) dollars is causing interest rates to rise. The 10 yr T-Bill recently jumped from 1.90 to 2.25. That's a 17% increase in the cost of money and this is only the tip of the iceberg. As you see mortgage rates rise, you will see a return to increased housing foreclosures, more unemployment and more businesses cLosing. Ironically, the spike will ultimately take us into a grinding deflationary period of several years that will ultimately correct the Greenspan/Bernacke easy-money, credit bubble debacle.

Stubudd
03-24-2012, 07:02

Yeah imagine that :rofl:

I wonder if it is that same guy on the TV commercials where "a very wealthy Americans say" then in goes into the end times predictions basically. That thing directs you to some video on the internet as well. Sales pitch all the way.

Funny thing is that last year the commercial stated it would occur in 2011, now the exact same commercial say "soon" it will occur.

Whatever trump says, do you really need somebody to tell you anyway? When the government owes more money than the country and everything in it is worth, more than they can possibly ever pay no matter how much they take from you and your neighbors, and they start printing money by the trillion to stall and keep the top spinning as long as possible, passing the buck as long as they can, let the next administration or generation pay for our recklessness- when you know all that to be true, you still need somebody to spell out for you that there is going to be some serious inflation before long? Really guys?

No wonder we have no shot, people just don't care to know what is happening. Disheartening for sure

Ruble Noon
03-24-2012, 12:58
Fed’s Bullard Warns of Global Inflation Threat

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Fed-Bullard-Global-Inflation/2012/03/23/id/433683?s=al&promo_code=E83B-1

RC-RAMIE
03-24-2012, 13:20
I guess you haven't been to a gas station lately. I guess you havent been to a grocery store recently where, for example, I bought ground chuck "on sale" for $3.60/lb.

My business is commercial building materials. We raised prices approximately 25% in 2011 just to keep up with raw material costs. We are raising prices again on April 1. And, if you haven't noticed, this isn't exactly a booming industry at the moment.

This inflationary spike caused by the devaluation of the dollar from the Fed desperately flooding the market with printed (worthless) dollars is causing interest rates to rise. The 10 yr T-Bill recently jumped from 1.90 to 2.25. That's a 17% increase in the cost of money and this is only the tip of the iceberg. As you see mortgage rates rise, you will see a return to increased housing foreclosures, more unemployment and more businesses cLosing. Ironically, the spike will ultimately take us into a grinding deflationary period of several years that will ultimately correct the Greenspan/Bernacke easy-money, credit bubble debacle.

The Euro problems also means a lot of european investor are buying up T-Bills right now which should slow down the money from getting circulated into the economy and affecting prices. At least I hope I'm not ready financially yet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/63c32722-1de9-2325.jpg

Also look at the value of the dollar VS the Yen. Increase money supply devalue the money, inflation.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

nursetim
03-24-2012, 13:23
In that picture he looks like Jeff Dunham's doll Walter.

MZBKA
03-25-2012, 08:16
I don't have the time or the inclination to start an economics lesson here but the definition of "inflation" is an increase in the money supply. "Price inflation", which is the layman's definition of inflation but is technically inaccurate, is the EFFECT of this money supply increase. All the money (trillions upon trillions) shoveled at the global banks haven't yet been released into the economy in the form of lending. Most of it is sitting as reserves at the Federal Reserve earning interest for the banks. Once (if?) the banks start lending again then you will see the price inflation that translates to higher consumer prices. The massive monetary inflation is ongoing and has been for years. The Fed is printing money by the truckload and passing it out to banks and corporations worldwide. That money just isn't being circulated into the economy yet. Commodities tend to react to monetary inflation first (see: gold and oil) and everything else lags behind. We also need to see some wage "inflation" too but that's a whole nother topic.

Is this a definition of inflation that you've just made up?

There are many other things that cause inflation besides an increasing money supply. Look no farther than Iran's situation.

in·fla·tion   [in-fley-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
Economics . a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency ( opposed to deflation).

MZBKA
03-25-2012, 08:24

Ugh.

Gas prices are lower than they were in 2008. I guess we're actually experiencing deflation then?:upeyes:

If you think your dollars are worthless, you can send them my way.

Mortgage rates are the lowest they've ever been. That the rates are increasing doesn't spell doom for the economy: it should be expected.

The T-bill's rate jumped because people are moving their money from bonds into stocks as the economy improves. A lower demand for T-bills increases their yield.

It's not an "increase in the cost of money", whatever that means.

Finally, Trump lost all of his credibility with the birther crap.

BORNGEARHEAD
03-25-2012, 09:09
$7 for a pack of toilet paper is ridiculous!

Ruggles
03-25-2012, 09:25
$7 for a pack of toilet paper is ridiculous!

Not if it is super soft and super absorbent :tongueout:

From the original link provided;

"The data is clear, 50% unemployment, a 90% stock market drop, and 100% annual inflation . . . starting in 2012.”

Let me know when that happens.....:tongueout:

Of course I guess if we have a 1% rise/drop in 2012 in the categories listed then it did indeed start in 2012 :rofl:

Ruggles
03-25-2012, 09:30
Fed’s Bullard Warns of Global Inflation Threat

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Fed-Bullard-Global-Inflation/2012/03/23/id/433683?s=al&promo_code=E83B-1

One link says "it is coming" the other says it is a possibility. Huge difference. Of course it is a possibility. I do not think the second link supports the first.

G19G20
04-14-2012, 03:56
Is this a definition of inflation that you've just made up?

There are many other things that cause inflation besides an increasing money supply. Look no farther than Iran's situation.

I missed this post earlier.

The economics definition of inflation is an increase in the money supply. That's not debatable. Many things can affect PRICE MOVEMENTS, such as Iran or Wall St speculators. You still don't understand the difference between inflation and price inflation. Ill give you an example. The spot price of silver has increased from around $13/oz in 2007 to $32/oz today. That's the effect of money supply inflation. Silver then quickly hit $50/oz last year and dropped back down to current levels. That's price movement due to speculation and was short lived. Do you see the difference? The $30/oz bottom for silver is money supply inflation. The rest of that price spike was speculation. Silver hasn't gone back down to $13/oz. That's inflation. For this same reason we'll never see $2/gal gas every again. The bottom there is around $3/gal due to money supply inflation.

Arc Angel
04-14-2012, 04:21
So, I guess things are going to cost more - Yes!

Wow! Thanks, Mr. Obvious. (Never could 'a figured that out all by myself.) :rollingeyes:

Bren
04-14-2012, 05:12

That's what I was thinking. Making a lot of money doesn't make you an economist - who cares what Donald Trump thinks?

Paul7
04-15-2012, 09:21
Ugh.

Gas prices are lower than they were in 2008. I guess we're actually experiencing deflation then?:upeyes:

If you think your dollars are worthless, you can send them my way.

Mortgage rates are the lowest they've ever been. That the rates are increasing doesn't spell doom for the economy: it should be expected.

The T-bill's rate jumped because people are moving their money from bonds into stocks as the economy improves. A lower demand for T-bills increases their yield.

It's not an "increase in the cost of money", whatever that means.

Finally, Trump lost all of his credibility with the birther crap.

How does your life success stack up to Trump?