If you CCW, you can't see your junk [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If you CCW, you can't see your junk

runcible68
03-22-2012, 21:04
This priceless comment to Gail Collins' article in the NYT entitled "Pity the Poor Gun Lobby (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/opinion/collins-pity-the-poor-gun-lobby.html?hp)." came from Dean Hewitt of Sarasota Florida...

EXCERPT - regarding those who CCW

“The other main group is the masculine tribe who have gone to seed. Yeah that group who hasn't seen their own junk in twenty years with out the help of a mirror. They may have been in the military, maybe once been an avid hunter but I believe worried they no longer have it to protect themselves or project the proper image. They want the gun to feel like a man.”

1) I can see my junk.

2) If this guy made such an offensive comment regarding a minority, gay person or religion, his comment would have been blacklisted.

3) The Times asks for thoughtful and well written comments that add to the value of civil discourse. Nice to see it in action, huh?

4) Interesting to note that many, many of the comments regarding the shooting of Trayvon Martin on GT condemn the tragedy, think Zimmerman was a tool, or at the very least, think something smells bad about the whole thing. There are thoughtful and critically thinking gun owners here. Shame the same thing can't be said about those who comment in The Times. If you read the rest of the comments, they're all just as bad.

And no, you can't comment. They closed it earlier than usual. Probably didn't want any alternate points of view!

Sam Spade
03-22-2012, 21:07
I don't carry so I can be a man; rather, I am a man, so I carry.

RussP
03-22-2012, 21:20
I don't carry so I can be a man; rather, I am a man, so I carry.:cool:

nguyen925
03-23-2012, 01:16
I choose to carry to protect myself and/or others. Luck favors the prepared.

frostamp
03-23-2012, 01:48
I carry because I came to the conclusion that no one but family has my best interests in mind. I think of it as pro-active life insurance. The Family Plan.

NEOH212
03-23-2012, 03:16
I guess that means I carry a gun because I want to be a man?

:dunno:

I'm sure glad Lib Land is full of really smart people that have everything and everyone figured out. :upeyes:

:faint:

Chesafreak
03-23-2012, 06:20
I believe that it's a man's role to protect his family and castle. Let's face facts. We aren't any safer today than they were back in the wild west days. The law still shows up after the fact. Being a man is being strong and prepared to handle it. I guess the guy that posted that comment thinks you're more of a man if you are passive and unarmed. Carrying hasn't made my junk disappear from sight.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TexasFats
03-23-2012, 15:13
What Frued actually said about weapons was that a fear of weapons is a sign of emotional and sexual immaturity. I for one, and tired of the lying leftists impunging my manhood because I like guns. Let them go to the 'Hood and tell some street gangsta' that he only carrys a gun because he has no manhood and see what happens to the leftist. BWA HA HA HA.

We need to ask the leftists what they want to do to us that makes them so afraid for us to be armed. Whatever it is, it cannot be good.

ADK_40GLKr
03-23-2012, 16:42
Wrong thread, sorry.

Mister_Beefy
03-24-2012, 02:19
I disagree with them so they must have smaller genitals.

that's beyond juvenile, borderline infantile. any more and he'll be soiling himself and throwing a tantrum crying for his mommy.

Angry Fist
03-24-2012, 02:30
Angry Mama sez...

That's a nice gun, and I know you're happy to see me.

:hearts:

DScottHewitt
03-26-2012, 09:58
This priceless comment to Gail Collins' article in the NYT entitled "Pity the Poor Gun Lobby (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/opinion/collins-pity-the-poor-gun-lobby.html?hp)." came from Dean Hewitt of Sarasota Florida...

EXCERPT - regarding those who CCW

“The other main group is the masculine tribe who have gone to seed. Yeah that group who hasn't seen their own junk in twenty years with out the help of a mirror. They may have been in the military, maybe once been an avid hunter but I believe worried they no longer have it to protect themselves or project the proper image. They want the gun to feel like a man.”

1) I can see my junk.

2) If this guy made such an offensive comment regarding a minority, gay person or religion, his comment would have been blacklisted.

3) The Times asks for thoughtful and well written comments that add to the value of civil discourse. Nice to see it in action, huh?

4) Interesting to note that many, many of the comments regarding the shooting of Trayvon Martin on GT condemn the tragedy, think Zimmerman was a tool, or at the very least, think something smells bad about the whole thing. There are thoughtful and critically thinking gun owners here. Shame the same thing can't be said about those who comment in The Times. If you read the rest of the comments, they're all just as bad.

And no, you can't comment. They closed it earlier than usual. Probably didn't want any alternate points of view!

Depends on the size of your junk. Mine is visible....

Scott

jastroud
03-26-2012, 11:36
They can all kiss my junk if they can find it...wait...what?

into the groove...

CA Escapee
03-26-2012, 11:45
Mr. Hewitt has obviously never heard, "A good man builds a roof over his tools."

Bill

DScottHewitt
03-26-2012, 11:50
Mr. Hewitt has obviously never heard, "A good man builds a roof over his tools."

Bill

I got a roof. Just not a carport. And, I weigh around 290

CA Escapee
03-26-2012, 11:58
Oops! I was referring to Mr. Dean Hewitt mentioned in the first sentence of the original post.

Bill

DScottHewitt
03-26-2012, 12:04
Oops! I was referring to Mr. Dean Hewitt mentioned in the first sentence of the original post.

Bill

I totally missed he was a Hewitt

SC Tiger
03-26-2012, 12:47
This is true if you use a smartcarry...

notjustanothermini
03-26-2012, 18:01
hell i usually

rock out with my glock and cock out.!! word.

Angry Fist
03-26-2012, 18:23
This is true if you use a smartcarry...
Thunderwear! :wave:

Tx-SIG229
03-26-2012, 18:56
a 'real man' doesn't give a rat's ass what some punk thinks about him

Facejackets
03-26-2012, 21:17
So what if I appendix carry I can use my belly as a cover garment? Last I checked, that isn't his problem.

Angry Fist
03-27-2012, 17:16
So what if I appendix carry I can use my belly as a cover garment? Last I checked, that isn't his problem.
Ain't that tactically unsound? :dunno:

Kinda like keeping a gun well hidden in the trunk. I don't wanna mess with a spare tire while trying to get to my heater.

cowboywannabe
03-27-2012, 17:45
i carry a gun because the sissies that dont cant help me if im attacked.

Angry Fist
03-27-2012, 18:16
i carry a gun because the sissies that dont cant help me if im attacked.
You're a cop. They were too busy filmin' ya.

vafish
03-27-2012, 20:55
I don't need to see my junk, Dean Hewitt's mother takes good care of it for me.

LApm9
03-28-2012, 20:22
It seems odd to me that these liberal fellows spend more time thinking about my junk than I do.:dunno:

unit1069
03-30-2012, 05:33
Even liberal/"progressives" have no faith in the New York Times, as its failing financial situation proves.

Newsweak sold for a dollar, I believe, and we all know the fate of Air America.

Radical Left sugardaddies like George Soros prop up these Radical Left organs of hate and propaganda because the diehard Marxist audience refuse to do so.

unit1069
03-30-2012, 05:37
It seems odd to me that these liberal fellows spend more time thinking about my junk than I do.:dunno:

It's been apparent to me for quite some time that liberal/"progressive" minds have a pronounced focus on issues that involve genitalia and lower abdominal physical functions or areas of the body, front and rear alike.

Spiffums
03-30-2012, 12:55
I carry because I'm too fat and winded to blow my rape whistle.

TexasFats
03-30-2012, 14:23
Me--I'm too young to die and too old to take a beating. And, I do not believe that I have a civic responsibility to kneel, bow my head, and accept my fate at the hands of some predatory street goblin.