So Glock has been copied again! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So Glock has been copied again!

M&P Shooter
03-23-2012, 06:00
I'll take a G17 over that ugly SOB any day:dunno:

Arsenal Firearms Strike One 2012 - YouTube

1911ES
03-23-2012, 06:19
Music is good ..... gun ....NOT :yawn:

Anything to make a buck.

Remember, three "STRIKES".... and your OUT.

The_Gun_Guru
03-23-2012, 06:45
Looks like a cross between a Glock and an XDm!!!:wow:

I do NOT like it......and I smell a lawsuit.

TGG

RUT
03-23-2012, 06:59
It's funny how some are so quick to damn anything new on the market. Must be human nature I guess?

Rumbler_G20
03-23-2012, 07:14
It's funny how some are so quick to damn anything new on the market. Must be human nature I guess?

Agreed. And I'm not seeing the "another Glock copy" thing. This pistol is shapely, has some personality. :embarassed:

mj9mm
03-23-2012, 07:18
well, i see a carbine nobody mentioned. and also, there is a lot of pistols out there, they will be similar to someone, the inside is what is important, i see they mentioned patents.

faawrenchbndr
03-23-2012, 07:32

Most fear change! That fear puts them on the defensive,
in this case, bashing something they know nothing about
because it puts them outside their comfort zone.

bac1023
03-23-2012, 07:52
Oh well, with Glock's recent issues, they need some help. :whistling:

M&P Shooter
03-23-2012, 07:56
Most fear change! That fear puts them on the defensive,
in this case, bashing something they know nothing about
because it puts them outside their comfort zone.
You guys all need to relax a little. I think the pistol looks a little like Glock and it's very ugly. Now if you guys like it fine, go buy one. So sorry to give my opinion:dunno:

dodgecope89
03-23-2012, 08:10
I think ill wait for the double barrel model lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Nakanokalronin
03-23-2012, 08:17
Dupe :cool:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1407895

It dosn't seem very Glock like to me. Different internals, non-tilting barrel, no trigger tab and a human shaped back strap. I'm actually looking forward to seeing these hit the shelves one day.

faawrenchbndr
03-23-2012, 08:20
You guys all need to relax a little. I think the pistol looks a little like Glock and it's very ugly. Now if you guys like it fine, go buy one. So sorry to give my opinion:dunno:

Back the heJJ up Slick! My post had nothing to do with your's.

Damned if I will ever buy another new Glock. Sure as hell will not buy this.

9jeeps
03-23-2012, 08:22
Talk of copy cats. Any one ever see a 1911?

fgutie35
03-23-2012, 08:23

You mean, like when the damned the glock? "I will never buy a cheap looking plastic pistol". I remember very clearly hear many people at the gun forums. Many of them are members here now. Yes, you know who you are!:upeyes:
They even got to the extend to label it as Un-American to own a foreign glock rather than a 1911. You remember now uh?

jem375
03-23-2012, 08:26

Try to remember that Glock started the copying...

svtpwnz
03-23-2012, 08:26
Actually, it look's as though a G17 had a one night drunken stooper with a SA XDm and 9 months later this is the result.

TX expat
03-23-2012, 08:28
Is it just me or is the shooter in that video really having to work that trigger on some of those shots?

PaleRider505
03-23-2012, 08:35
I wish my Rangemaster sounded like that.

03-23-2012, 09:33
Seems to me you're in need of a little relaxation, my friend. You started a thread, giving your opinion, expecting none in return? :headscratch:

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 10:13
Does not look too bad to me, if they can bring it in at a low MSRP ($300-$350) it will sell pretty well I think.

G26S239
03-23-2012, 10:18
You mean, like when the damned the glock? "I will never buy a cheap looking plastic pistol". I remember very clearly hear many people at the gun forums. Many of them are members here now. Yes, you know who you are!:upeyes:
They even got to the extend to label it as Un-American to own a foreign glock rather than a 1911. You remember now uh?
I don't remember having online gun forums when the Glock 17 was initially announced in the US gun publications. I do remember dismissing it as a "plastic pos" or words to that effect. I didn't consider it un American though because I loved my P7PSP for its reliability and accuracy.

P99er
03-23-2012, 10:27

Oh, and the Glock isn't?

Boats
03-23-2012, 10:42
Funny how with all of these "Glock copies" on the market, not one of them ever copies Glock's craptastic grip characteristics.

Not a single one.

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 11:10

Nobody was talking on gun forums when the Glock was brought into the U.S. as there was no gun forums or commercial internet for that matter. :wavey:

itstime
03-23-2012, 11:39
A Glock and an XDm had a child.

Who knows may be a good beater a great gun or a POS. Time will tell.

KennyFSU
03-23-2012, 11:44
No finger grooves; some may like it more already.

45caldan
03-23-2012, 12:18

That's what I was thinking!
If it's good, it'll be copied.

45caldan
03-23-2012, 12:19

Arsenal Firearms Strike One 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUyOuwNCtNM&feature=related)

And Glocks are handsome????? :upeyes:

Comedian
03-23-2012, 13:02

So you choose you weapons based on how whey look?

fgutie35
03-23-2012, 14:26
I don't remember having online gun forums when the Glock 17 was initially announced in the US gun publications. I do remember dismissing it as a "plastic pos" or words to that effect. I didn't consider it un American though because I loved my P7PSP for its reliability and accuracy.

Nobody was talking on gun forums when the Glock was brought into the U.S. as there was no gun forums or commercial internet for that matter. :wavey:

In the mid 90's the internet began to grow exponentially, and by the late 90's there were several gun forums already. I used to be a member of the National Gun Forum, and there was a lot of glock bashing.

Slug71
03-23-2012, 14:49
Glock, XD and M&P rolled into one.

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 15:47
In the mid 90's the internet began to grow exponentially, and by the late 90's there were several gun forums already. I used to be a member of the National Gun Forum, and there was a lot of glock bashing.

Glocks started hitting the U.S. soil in the very late 80s and early 90s. Well before internet gun forums :wavey:

SauerChoi
03-23-2012, 16:05
lol at all the hate. was there this much hate for the M&Ps and XDs?

Relax people, no one is forcing you to buy one.

Sheepdog Scout
03-23-2012, 16:45
It's because most everyone here drinks this http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Master_Mold/glocaid.jpg

M&P Shooter
03-23-2012, 18:53
Back the heJJ up Slick! My post had nothing to do with your's.

Damned if I will ever buy another new Glock. Sure as hell will not buy this.
Well fine, you can't borrow my G23 when you want to impress the ladies:tongueout:

M&P Shooter
03-23-2012, 18:54
Relax people, no one is forcing you to buy one.
They threatened to kill my family if I didn't put one on layaway.

norm357
03-23-2012, 19:12
I would like to fondle one.

adamg01
03-23-2012, 19:13
I don't understand the statement that Glock was a "copy cat". Is it because Hk made a polymer handgun, Glock comes along nearly 20 years later and makes one that actually capitilizes on the advantages of polymer?

People sure are worked up in this thread. This thread surely brought out the Glock fans vs Everyone else crowd. :rofl:

G26S239
03-23-2012, 19:18
Exactly my point, Glock ownership in the US preceded internet gun forums. I fired my uncle's Glock 17 in 1989 or 1990.

Brianharless13
03-23-2012, 19:18
That is one ugly pistol. To each their own. Someone is always there to capitalize on another's idea. I will stick with my Glocks.

ThinkMud
03-23-2012, 19:22
Interesting...

M&P Shooter
03-23-2012, 20:01
I don't understand the statement that Glock was a "copy cat". Is it because Hk made a polymer handgun, Glock comes along nearly 20 years later and makes one that actually capitilizes on the advantages of polymer?

People sure are worked up in this thread. This thread surely brought out the Glock fans vs Everyone else crowd. :rofl:
My CZ 75B 9mm will put a G17 to shame all day in looks, feel, accuracy and has served in my wars then Glock can only dream of. Glock is a awesome gun for $500.00 with a big after market for parts and add ons and they just keep running no matter how much abuse you can dish out. That is the appeal to Glock with some of us. I have 2 kids and bills so $500 for all that is good for me. I would trade all my Glocks right now for Kimbers and HK's:wavey:

cowboywannabe
03-23-2012, 20:17
Funny how with all of these "Glock copies" on the market, not one of them ever copies Glock's craptastic grip characteristics.

Not a single one.

and how!

adamg01
03-23-2012, 20:18
My CZ 75B 9mm will put a G17 to shame all day in looks, feel, accuracy and has served in my wars then Glock can only dream of. Glock is a awesome gun for $500.00 with a big after market for parts and add ons and they just keep running no matter how much abuse you can dish out. That is the appeal to Glock with some of us. I have 2 kids and bills so $500 for all that is good for me. I would trade all my Glocks right now for Kimbers and HK's:wavey:

I do agree about CZ being an awesome handgun. I have a PCR compact myself. I personally would take Glock over HK and certainly would take it over a 1911 for self-defense. Hk and 1911's are great but they just aren't for me. I prefer the same trigger pull everytime and high capacity is a plus as well. I just didn't like the balance or the trigger on my USPc 9mm I once owned. If you like DA/SA then it is the best you can get in polymer IMO. I could and have owned HK, Sig, etc., etc. I do like Sig but at the end of the day, I just prefer Glocks. The whole mine is better than yours is childish and stupid. It should come down to personal preference.

On a side note. Handgun accuracy is something that is totally blown out of proportion. Not many people in the world are good or steady enough to off-hand shoot more accurately than the handgun they are shooting. Unless you carry a bench around with your self defense set-up, what the hell does an extra half inch off your group at 25 yards matter in a self-defense handgun? Most self-defense situations are inside Kel-Tec accuracy range and if they aren't, you will probably need a damn good lawyer.

mangkukhan
03-23-2012, 21:33
I'm somewhat interested, not so much in the company itself but this gun. I like the low profile and what appears to be very little muzzle rise. Short trigger reset, flared mag well, supposed to be extremely fast shooting. Read a couple articles all with positive reviews about the gun, not many talking much about the company. Company seems to be a collaboration between and Italian shotgun making family and a Russian miniature gun maker? The Strike One is a russian import, here's a link to a decent read.

http://www.guns.com/arsenal-strike-one-strizh-pistol-new-from-russia.html

Only way they're going to make a niche for themselves in the market I think is if this hits the shelves at $400 or less.

Cobra64
03-23-2012, 23:13

Excellent point. The Glock guys are very territorial and suspicious.

:tongueout:

M1a65
03-24-2012, 00:38
Looks interesting, like to run a few mags thru it and give it an eval...

NIB
03-24-2012, 00:44

:tongueout: rec.guns :tongueout:

SauerChoi
03-24-2012, 00:46
Exactly my point, Glock ownership in the US preceded internet gun forums. I fired my uncle's Glock 17 in 1989 or 1990.

he may not have put it right but you know what he is talking about. There was plenty of hate for Glocks as a cheap plastic gun, whether it was on a web forum or not. :upeyes:

G26S239
03-24-2012, 00:59
he may not have put it right but you know what he is talking about. There was plenty of hate for Glocks as a cheap plastic gun, whether it was on a web forum or not. :upeyes:
So what? Should I care if someone hates Glocks? Does it ruin your day if you find out that someone doesn't like Glocks?

The fact that chronologically he was way off base was worth pointing out to me and others posting.

nyycanseco33
03-24-2012, 02:26
Its amazing the amount of people who shoot down this pistol before even experiencing it for themselves... I am just as much a Glock lover as the next guy as i own 6 of them but I am open minded about other manufacturers also and the others here should be too... You all just wanna scream lawsuit without noticing the subtle changes in the gun which may allow them to manufacture it without penalty like the XD and M&P lines now can (yes we all know Smith and Wesson paid a huge fine but they then changed their design a little to be able to produce their guns)

It just blows me away that you all shun a new product without even giving it a shot, NEWSFLASH - Glock isn't the best gun out there (example-G19 with ejection problems) it just happens to be decent and affordable at the present moment

If this company produced this gun years ago and Glock came out and unveiled a similar handgun then you all would go ape shizz over that and call Glock out for copy write infringement immediately... Morons

sdsnet
03-24-2012, 02:31
It has cheesey white lettering on the slide. I do not like it.

Sheepdog Scout
03-24-2012, 03:08
It has cheesey white lettering on the slide. I do not like it.

You would think it would be popular here then. Considering all the people that do that with crayons on their Glocks.:rofl:

El_Ron1
03-24-2012, 05:43
http://tryingtofail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/turd-polish.jpg

OldSchool64
03-24-2012, 06:40
I wouldn't call it a Glock copy. From what I can see it's similar in some ways but not a true copy. If you want to see a copy compare the LCP to a P3AT.

45caldan
03-24-2012, 07:37
I do agree about CZ being an awesome handgun. I have a PCR compact myself. I personally would take Glock over HK and certainly would take it over a 1911 for self-defense. Hk and 1911's are great but they just aren't for me. I prefer the same trigger pull everytime and high capacity is a plus as well. I just didn't like the balance or the trigger on my USPc 9mm I once owned. If you like DA/SA then it is the best you can get in polymer IMO. I could and have owned HK, Sig, etc., etc. I do like Sig but at the end of the day, I just prefer Glocks. The whole mine is better than yours is childish and stupid. It should come down to personal preference.

On a side note. Handgun accuracy is something that is totally blown out of proportion. Not many people in the world are good or steady enough to off-hand shoot more accurately than the handgun they are shooting. Unless you carry a bench around with your self defense set-up, what the hell does an extra half inch off your group at 25 yards matter in a self-defense handgun? Most self-defense situations are inside Kel-Tec accuracy range and if they aren't, you will probably need a damn good lawyer.

Your post is interesting and your opinions are your opinions (mostly I agree) but I feel compelled to point out that both the 1911 and CZ75 have the same trigger pull every time. The CZ can be used as SA only simply by going cocked and locked and the 1911 STILL has one of the best trigger pulls of ANY auto-pistol ever made!

mangkukhan
03-24-2012, 09:00
you want to see a copy compare the LCP to a P3AT

Thats cause Ruger bought a copyright as I recall as opposed to just stealing it.

carbuncle
03-24-2012, 10:17
Looks pretty cool to me. I like new products and more options, keeps the market nice and healthy (and the used gear market well-stocked).

Bob Hafler
03-24-2012, 10:30
Agreed. And I'm not seeing the "another Glock copy" thing. This pistol is shapely, has some personality. :embarassed:
Also agree
Why is it that everytime a new poly pistol comes on the market we have to hear some glock fan boy say it's another copy of a glock? Lawsuit??. Gaston and the Glock boys and girls are not that stupid to go there and get there butt handed to them in court. Good Grief get real. How does that look like a Glock more than say and XD or any number of other poly pistols on the market?

Sporaticus
03-24-2012, 12:40
lol at all the hate. was there this much hate for the M&Ps and XDs?

Yes. Anything that threatens Glock status as best budget polymer is much hated by the fan boys. But that's no big deal. Haters gonna hate. :rofl:

IMO, it does resemble a Glock. But it also resembles other brands too. I don't know why, but for some reason when I first saw it, I thought I saw some Steyr in it too.

.45Super-Man
03-24-2012, 19:17
Just another cheap plastic, striker fired pistol in an over saturated market. The manufacturers are cashing in on these things and laughing all the way to the bank!

Reb 56
03-24-2012, 19:27
Oh well, with Glock's recent issues, they need some help. :whistling:

Amen to that brother, the 4th gen Glock has turned me off.

Diesel McBadass
03-24-2012, 21:18
Well its an ugly copy but at least it has no stupid finger grooves

dakrat
03-24-2012, 21:48
I don't care about the gun but who is the shooter? I have never seen him before and holy trigger spanking batman!

Novocaine
03-24-2012, 21:50
1911 has more in common with Glock than this gun.

SauerChoi
03-24-2012, 21:56
So what? Should I care if someone hates Glocks? Does it ruin your day if you find out that someone doesn't like Glocks?

The fact that chronologically he was way off base was worth pointing out to me and others posting.

No all you are doing is trying to pick apart his post because you know it's true and you are just nitpicking.

Should you care if someone hates the Glock? WTF does that have to do with what we are talking about? again :upeyes:

G26S239
03-24-2012, 22:53
No all you are doing is trying to pick apart his post because you know it's true and you are just nitpicking. Actually I know that Glocks on US soil preceded widespread internet use, as I stated before. I also acknowledged that some people (myself included) didn't, or still don't, like Glocks. My original response to Fgutie remains as posted - while others were discussing whether the Arsenal Firearms gun is a Glock copy Fgutie35 dredged up some epic butthurt going back to the 1990s when some other anonymous posters insulted the gun design that his ego is wrapped up in.

Should you care if someone hates the Glock? WTF does that have to do with what we are talking about? again :upeyes:Addressing the epic butthurt initially posted by Fgutie35 and co signed by you.

SauerChoi
03-24-2012, 22:58
Actually I know that Glocks on US soil preceded widespread internet use, as I stated before. I also acknowledged that some people (myself included) didn't, or still don't, like Glocks. My original response to Fgutie remains as posted - while others were discussing whether the Arsenal Firearms gun is a Glock copy Fgutie35 dredged up some epic butthurt going back to the 1990s when some other anonymous posters insulted the gun design that his ego is wrapped up in.
Addressing the epic butthurt initially posted by Fgutie35 and co signed by you.
I'm not referring to the internet forum part idiot. lol it's like talking to a wall.

lol@another internet ****** that uses "epic"...:faint:

G26S239
03-24-2012, 23:11
I'm not referring to the internet forum part idiot. lol it's like talking to a wall.

lol@another internet ****** that uses "epic"...:faint:

Good. Go talk to a wall. :wavey:

The internet forum part is the stupidest part of that post. The epic butthurt part is pretty stupid though. I really don't care if others agree with, or approve of, me having Glocks. You and Fgutie apparently do - a great deal.

03-24-2012, 23:48
Man, I predict a few folks on here will stroke out because of sky high blood pressure. :rofl:

Sheepdog Scout
03-25-2012, 02:32
Man, I predict a few folks on here will stroke out because of sky high blood pressure. :rofl:
:rofl:

nyycanseco33
03-25-2012, 03:09
I swear this is like a grade school argument on the playground... Next we will hear the "my dad can beat up your dad" argument from these 2 clowns... C'mon grow up, just comment on the topic and then move on without arguing like a couple pissy little ingrates... seriously enough already

45caldan
03-25-2012, 06:15

How in the world did you arrive at that conclusion? :headscratch:

KennyFSU
03-25-2012, 06:18

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/LSntegra/253b1983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joecoastie
03-25-2012, 07:02
How in the world did you arrive at that conclusion? :headscratch:

The 1911 and Glock both use tilting barrels, unless I'm mistaken this pistol does not.

mickdundie
03-25-2012, 07:20
Looks like a cross between a Glock and an XDm!!!:wow:

I do NOT like it......and I smell a lawsuit.

TGG

Maybe from S&W...but GLOCKS original patents are long expired. I'm pretty sure you could make an exact copy of a G17 and GLOCK couldn't touch you with a lawsuit.

Mick:thumbsup:

mickdundie
03-25-2012, 07:30
Looks like Bruno needs to adjust rear sight to right a little. Shooting a little left of center

Unaccurate = STRIKE 1

Ugly as sin = STRIKE 2 :rofl:

Mick

KennyFSU
03-25-2012, 07:35
Maybe from S&W...but GLOCKS original patents are long expired. I'm pretty sure you could make an exact copy of a G17 and GLOCK couldn't touch you with a lawsuit.

But Glock was able to take ISSC to court for trademark violation in which they later settled out a couple of years ago.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/08/17/glock-settles-trademark-lawsuit-with-austrian-sporting-arms/

mickdundie
03-25-2012, 07:49
But Glock was able to take ISSC to court for trademark violation in which they later settled out a couple of years ago.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/08/17/glock-settles-trademark-lawsuit-with-austrian-sporting-arms/

It didn't go to court. This from the artical:

John Galtwrote on January 25th, 2011 at 3:10 pm Link To Comment | Reply To Comment
Here’s the facts some may not understand:
Unless there’s a design patent still in force, then Glock really has no case, because there’s no utility patent in effect. So many times today Americans despise competition, whether doctors, lawyers, insurance, hospitals, drug companies, ETC., Communist Chamber, and in light of the recent ruling of a case in N. Ga. that was a total miscarriage of justice sanctioned all the way to the Supreme that eviscerated the Constitution, no wonder the little guy chose to settle, “how much justice can you afford”! Usually a suit is filed in the offenders’ home court, is that N. Ga., you don’t get to choose home court advantage?

KennyFSU
03-25-2012, 08:08
But if Glock had no case, why was ISSC forced to slightly redesign their weapon after the case was settled out of court?