Fabrique Nationale [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fabrique Nationale

rideco
03-23-2012, 08:09
Anyone here got a FN?? What do you think of them? Thinking about getting another handgun in the coming months and just wondering if anyone here had experience with them. My mind is already telling me I need to get a sig dark elite but before I just cave and get another sig wanted to look at some other options.
thanks
rideco

faawrenchbndr
03-23-2012, 08:51
The FNP45 seems to be a culmination of a HK USP, Sig & 1911.

I believe it is the best shooting full size polymer 45 ACP on the market today.

arclight610
03-23-2012, 09:00
FN's are good pistolas

20SFLV
03-23-2012, 10:13
Anyone here got a FN?? What do you think of them? Thinking about getting another handgun in the coming months and just wondering if anyone here had experience with them. My mind is already telling me I need to get a sig dark elite but before I just cave and get another sig wanted to look at some other options.
thanks
rideco

FN makes some good products. I have a Five Seven which is a good gun though some people don't care for the round. Never had any problems with it. I put thousands of rounds down the range, and no FTF or FTE. Very accurate. It was my first gun, and I love it.

I will be picking up a FNP-45 Tactical soon. Price is a little high, but you get a lot for your money. They make cheaper models.

I haven't shot a FNP/FNX9 or 40, but I have heard good things about it.

My experience with FN products are they fit in your hand well, are reliable, and very accurate. You should definitely check out a FN before you buy your SIG. Either choice will be a good one so you can't go wrong.

Ruggles
03-23-2012, 10:18
FN is top notch stuff :)

rideco
03-23-2012, 10:53
Thanks for the responses. Its going to be a little while before I pull the trigger so to speak but it will give me time think about caliber, model, finish etc... I saw a ton of FN's at the local gun show last weekend and really like the feel of them. I need to handle one and dry fire it a few times to get an idea on the trigger pull but something tells me I will be happy with it.

TalkToTheGlock
03-23-2012, 11:07
If only they didn't have feeding issues with certain ammo, I would be all over the FNP45 tac to go along woth my Mark23.

Until they can make a .45 that shoots every available ammo that an Hk can shoot, I'll stick with my USP's and Mark23.

iPhone 4

Foxtrotx1
03-23-2012, 11:52
The only ammo the FNP45 won't shoot is WWB. Out of spec rounds. It's a miracle any other gun feeds that crap. Word is the newer FN mags are longer to accommodate Winchesters inability to use a ruler.

TalkToTheGlock
03-23-2012, 14:05
The only ammo the FNP45 won't shoot is WWB. Out of spec rounds. It's a miracle any other gun feeds that crap. Word is the newer FN mags are longer to accommodate Winchesters inability to use a ruler.

While I agree wirh you about WWB not being the best. I run it through everything I own. From Glocks, Sigs, Hk's, Beretta's. From 9mm to .45ACP I never had a problem.

Still might get one of those FN45 tacs though.

iPhone 4

rideco
03-23-2012, 14:49
so many guns I want but dang kids are expensive too and first things first you know. The signess is already building and I am not sure how I am going to be able to avoid taking this home one day:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P226-Stainless-Elite-detail-Hero.jpg

ca survivor
03-23-2012, 15:39
The FNP45 seems to be a culmination of a HK USP, Sig & 1911.

I believe it is the best shooting full size polymer 45 ACP on the market today.
I'm looking for a non 1911 .45 now. Don't you think the grip is too big on the FNP45 ? I have not seen one in person and its been out for a long time now. Thanks

bac1023
03-23-2012, 16:24
I love all my Hi-Powers. :)

MinnesnowtaWild
03-23-2012, 20:59
I am new to FN and I just bought a FNP-40 and I am pretty pumped. Seems like a very, very well built pistol for the price. Love the big beefy internal parts. Can't wait to shoot it.

racer88
03-23-2012, 21:29
After I became a Glock fan, I became an FNH fan. A big one. More on my wish list, but here's what I've got so far:

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/racer88_bucket/Gun%20Stuff/FNH-Family.jpg

MinnesnowtaWild
03-24-2012, 01:34
Awesome collection. So would you rather have a Glock 23 or a FNP-40?

craig19
03-24-2012, 06:06
After I became a Glock fan, I became an FNH fan. A big one. More on my wish list, but here's what I've got so far:

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/racer88_bucket/Gun%20Stuff/FNH-Family.jpg

I'm jealous, awesome collection! How do you like the SCAR?

Decguns
03-24-2012, 10:50
I picked up an FNX-9 a while back. The grip is more substantial than that of the FNP series. The FNX-9 is about 1/2 inch taller and longer than the Glock 19. The grip angle and contour is exactly the same as the Browning Hi-Power... feels very good in the hand as a result. It's reliable. It's accurate. The chambers are generous; not as tight as Glock. Should aid in reliability and ammo compatibility.

For the bad stuff. The single action trigger pull has a very noticeable hitch at the beginning. There's a lot of gizmo's attached to the trigger bar. Double action is LONG & HEAVY. The grip inserts are only held in place by a tiny plastic clip that is easily damaged. Grip inserts often have some up/down play in them (which I solved with a dab of RTV). The 9MM version seems to have started out life as a 40S&W. The grip, frame and magazine are much larger than a 9MM needs. There aren't many holsters available for them yet. Beretta Storm holsters seem to fit the best.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n636/worland/100_0273.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n636/worland/100_1284.jpg

racer88
03-24-2012, 12:41
Awesome collection. So would you rather have a Glock 23 or a FNP-40?

Hard to say, as I've not experienced the FNP-40, yet.

On the one hand, I like Glocks, especially for self-defense because of their simplicity. No safeties. No decockers. Striker-fired, DAO with an easy trigger. Just point and shoot. Glocks are crazy-reliable. They just do what they're supposed to do with no muss, no fuss. For CCW and home defense, Glocks are hard to beat.

My gun collection began with Glocks. I'm used to them. I like them a lot.

On the other hand, I really like my FNP-45 Tactical. It is a fantastic shooting pistol and has proven (so far) to be extremely reliable. It is a beast with 15+1 rounds of .45-ACP. But, it shoots VERY smoothly. Recoil is actually easier than my G23, IMO.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. It boils down to preference. Striker vs. traditional hammer. External safety vs. no external safety. And, if you have a strong preference for grip style and angle, one may suit you more than the other.

Or you can get BOTH! No such thing as too many guns! :D

racer88
03-24-2012, 12:44
I'm jealous, awesome collection! How do you like the SCAR?

Love the SCAR. What's not to like?? :D

It is awesome rifle. Every other person who has fired it has made the same comment: "Smooth!" And, it is. In the .223 / 5.56 realm, it is a very easy-shooting rifle. The muzzle brake makes a difference (and also makes it loud for anyone standing to your side!).

For a sporting style rifle, I don't think there's anything better than an FNH SCAR.

craig19
03-24-2012, 14:22
That's one on my list, if I can ever scrape together that much cash.

fnfalman
03-25-2012, 01:39
I like my FNP9. Damn good gun for cheap price. The FN Hi-Power ain't too bad either...if you can get it cheap instead of the price Browning commands.