Heights man arrested for pulling handgun on pedestrians [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Heights man arrested for pulling handgun on pedestrians

TBO
03-23-2012, 08:21
http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2012/03/22/news/doc4f6b92a2dfde9659403242.txt?viewmode=fullstory

ballr4lyf
03-23-2012, 08:33
If you can't keep track of the expiration date for your CCW license, then you probably shouldn't have had it to begin with... Because you're probably not gonna be smart enough to understand that doing this would probably be a bad idea.

Patchman
03-23-2012, 13:33
Is Dearborne Heights in MI?

In any case, where I'm from, the driver of a car always has the responsibility to ensure no pedestrians are run over. Like when I have to back into or drive out of our driveway, I'm responsible to make sure I don't run down any pedestrians crossing in front of the driveway.

Hell, even when a pedestrian is crossing an intersection against a red light, oncoming cars can't legally run them down intentionally. The cars actually have to make an effort to stop! :steamed:

The other thing is, the driver should have pre-taught his family to respond to the police this way: "whatever husband/daddy told you is what happened. And I'll swear to it."

HarleyGuy
03-23-2012, 17:00
Is Dearborne Heights in MI?

In any case, where I'm from, the driver of a car always has the responsibility to ensure no pedestrians are run over. Like when I have to back into or drive out of our driveway, I'm responsible to make sure I don't run down any pedestrians crossing in front of the driveway.

Hell, even when a pedestrian is crossing an intersection against a red light, oncoming cars can't legally run them down intentionally. The cars actually have to make an effort to stop! :steamed:

The other thing is, the driver should have pre-taught his family to respond to the police this way: "whatever husband/daddy told you is what happened. And I'll swear to it."

Yep, Dearborn and Dearborn Heights are both in Michigan (Wayne County) western suburbs of Detroit,

Unistat
03-24-2012, 08:30
TBO, was that your comment as "Thee1Truth," lol?

I live in Dearborn Heights and I don't blame the guy for feeling threatened in that situation (as reported) but he was a little quick to pull his gun, imo (leaving aside the fact that he was extremely foolish in letting it expire.).

All I can say is this guy is pretty well hosed, although I wasn't working that night so I didn't have a chance to talk to him.

NEOH212
03-24-2012, 23:37
It sure does seem like there are alot of retards with carry permits lately.

It's my hope that his isn't a new trend that will continue to get worse.

noway
03-31-2012, 10:23
Maybe he did or maybe he did't overly act. Since me & you was not a witness we don't know for sure.

Here's some items to considered B4 you place him out for a hanging;:rofl:

1: he had his young daughter with him or some how she was in the area

2: one of the person escalate the situation by approaching the car and placing his hip on the door
( could be seen as a sign of escalation later on and why would a smart person do that to begin with and with a guy with a gun )

3: words where trade by at least one of the witness to the driver ( why so? what was siad how was it said? how was the group that crossed the road dress, look, dismeanor, etc......)

4: they where crossing a street mid-way at night
( not very smart, what where they really doing , why mid-way and not at the stupid cross walk, do they even live on that street, was it really a group of individual crossing mid-way and some how, didn't hear a car started or running or not notice it moving or w/it's lights on ( assumption since it was in the pm )

So keep all of these facts, if they are indeed facts, in your thoughts as you judge or attempt to judge him.

I fine it hard to believe that all is what it's claimed tobe by the paper and this guy just woke up got into his car, attempt to run over a group of individual crossing a road illegal in most place of the states/cities and then want to assault them.

The expired CCW/CHL no bearing on the matter imho. Do you even need one in MI for carrying a gun in the car? Since the paper did not state any weapon-carry law violations or charges, I'm guessing it was a minor issue

DScottHewitt
03-31-2012, 10:48
http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2012/03/22/news/doc4f6b92a2dfde9659403242.txt?viewmode=fullstory

What derogatory name rhymes with "WHOA!"?!?!?

I never heard it, I guess.

Warp
03-31-2012, 11:47
It sure does seem like there are alot of retards with carry permits lately.

It's my hope that his isn't a new trend that will continue to get worse.

There are millions upon millions of licensed/legal carriers in the United States.

Every little slip up is broadcast by the news media. Even if it wasn't a slip up, they will cast it as one.

DScottHewitt
03-31-2012, 11:54
There are millions upon millions of licensed/legal carriers in the United States.

Every little slip up is broadcast by the news media. Even if it wasn't a slip up, they will cast it as one.

Yeah. I'm not sure how many of us would have also drawn their EDC if someone angry and aggressive slammed violently into the car door and they had a child with them to protect.

steveksux
03-31-2012, 12:21
The expired CCW/CHL no bearing on the matter imho. Do you even need one in MI for carrying a gun in the car? Since the paper did not state any weapon-carry law violations or charges, I'm guessing it was a minor issueThat part is incorrect. You can carry a gun openly in MI without a permit, but in the car it is considered concealed, and you definitely do need a permit.

It sure does seem like there are alot of retards with carry permits lately. Are you saying retards don't have the right to defend themselves? :tongueout::supergrin:

Randy.

HarleyGuy
03-31-2012, 13:01
Not very "PC" these days to use the that term:shocked:.