Nearly started a riot in a VT Gun Store today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nearly started a riot in a VT Gun Store today.

ADK_40GLKr
03-23-2012, 13:08
"You can carry in MY state, but I can't carry in yours" the clerk replied to my question about "out of staters" carrying in VT.

I had stopped in to Dattilios in South Burlington for a box of 148 gr Bonded PDX1's and a little information

"NOBODY can carry in New York" I replied, "Unless the Senate passes the Reciprocity Bill, and the President signs it."

"He won't sign anything for gun owners!"

"Well, he MIGHT if the bill gets to his desk before election."

There were a few guys in there, and I heard other conversations spring up. By the time I left, everybody was "blessing" the US Pres and the NY Gun Laws.

"Wow, I can carry my pistol in New York City!" somebody declared. I tried to set him straight, but by then everybody was talking at once.

Sheesh! You'd'a thought it was Glock Talk all over again!

Sorry guys! I hope I didn't start a riot.

hogship
03-23-2012, 13:19
I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that President Obama would sign a reciprocity bill for ccw......even if it landed on his desk a week before the election, and he's down in the polls. Gunowners and constitutionalists are well aware of his anti-gun stance, and would realize it's nothing more than political posturing.....won't gain a thing with them. Anti-gun advocates would not vote for him because of it....

......a net loss overall.

ooc

"You can carry in MY state, but I can't carry in yours" the clerk replied to my question about "out of staters" carrying in VT.

I had stopped in to Dattilios in South Burlington for a box of 148 gr Bonded PDX1's and a little information

"NOBODY can carry in New York" I replied, "Unless the Senate passes the Reciprocity Bill, and the President signs it."

"He won't sign anything for gun owners!"

"Well, he MIGHT if the bill gets to his desk before election."

There were a few guys in there, and I heard other conversations spring up. By the time I left, everybody was "blessing" the US Pres and the NY Gun Laws.

"Wow, I can carry my pistol in New York City!" somebody declared. I tried to set him straight, but by then everybody was talking at once.

Sheesh! You'd'a thought it was Glock Talk all over again!

Sorry guys! I hope I didn't start a riot.

GlockFish
03-23-2012, 14:33
Obama would never sign it.
The Senate won't pass it anyway.

E-2-E
03-23-2012, 15:19
I was just in South Burlington two weeks ago, where is Dattilios? is it worth stopping at? I go to Milton VT a few times a year but never have stopped at Bob's Guns in Milton/Georgia either. I don't think we'll ever see such a bill passed.

Also off topic but I did go to a gun/ ammo/ type auction in Williston at the same time.

toshbar
03-23-2012, 19:08
The saddest part is that gun owners think that reciprocity act is a good thing for them.......

It is not.

hogship
03-23-2012, 19:12
The saddest part is that gun owners think that reciprocity act is a good thing for them.......

It is not.

How come?

ooc

WoodenPlank
03-23-2012, 19:21
How come?

ooc

Some people seem to think it's going to open up more regulation, infringement on rights, etc.

It won't.

toshbar
03-23-2012, 19:40
We are states, not provinces.

mj9mm
03-23-2012, 19:50
the national media is focusing on every gun crime they can right now, especially ones having to do with castle doctrine and liscensed carry:whistling:

xXxplosive
03-23-2012, 19:59
Unfortunately for us in NJ it doesn't matter.....only effects states that have CCL's.....NJ won't issue to anyone other than retired LEO's and special people the Govenor plays cards with.

Ferdinandd
03-23-2012, 20:33
I moved from TN to NY in 2000 and went through the process to get a ccw,which is about the only option if you want to own handguns at all. It was a $250 PITA and took about 90 days to complete - in Saratoga county. Might be worse elsewhere in NY; don't know. Too bad OH won't recognize my NY permit.

ADK_40GLKr
03-24-2012, 11:59
I moved from TN to NY in 2000 and went through the process to get a ccw,which is about the only option if you want to own handguns at all. It was a $250 PITA and took about 90 days to complete - in Saratoga county. Might be worse elsewhere in NY; don't know. Too bad OH won't recognize my NY permit..

Sounds par for the course, but fortunately, that's only a one time thing, isn't it?

Photos 3 times, application fee, license fee, FBI fingerprinting fee, etc. Then to add a gun you just pay the County Clerk 3 (5?) bucks for a new coupon to take to your FFL. but you have to return with all the data on the new gun.

Clinton Co pretty much issues "restricted" licenses as a matter of course.

Sporaticus
03-24-2012, 12:45
The Senate won't pass it anyway.

The Senate might pass it if it ever got to a vote, but Reid isn't going to let it come to that.

Maine
03-24-2012, 14:33
the national media is focusing on every gun crime they can right now, especially ones having to do with castle doctrine and liscensed carry:whistling:
They sure are and its a disgrace. I wonder where they are going with it. I leave with a reminder that ammo will never be "cheaper" than it is now.

wavetrain75
03-24-2012, 19:58
Thought you were going to say that you walked in and said that Walmart was out of Winchester White Box.

ADK_40GLKr
03-25-2012, 06:48
Thought you were going to say that you walked in and said that Walmart was out of Winchester White Box.

ROFL. :rofl:

That mighta gotten me run outta town on a rail!

El_Ron1
03-25-2012, 07:56
http://www.newprophecy.net/Johnathan_Harris.jpg