For all the Firefox privacy snobs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For all the Firefox privacy snobs

Akita
03-23-2012, 17:21
You ARE being tracked after all.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/02/28/the-google-cookie-that-seems-to-come-out-of-nowhere/?mod=WSJBlog&mod=blogmod

"...So what is this mysterious cookie, and what in the heck is it doing on the computer of someone who isnít even browsing the Web?

Well, the cookie is being used as part of a service Google provides to protect people from malware and other computer attacks. Safari, Firefox and Chrome all use this service.

But itís also the same cookie Google uses for several of its other services Ė such as some searches and views of the +1 social networking button Ė raising questions about whether data from this cookie could be used to track users...."

You can come down off of your high horses now.

SFCSMITH(RET)
03-23-2012, 17:34
While I do use Firefox.. I didn't know that made me a snob. I just like it/know it better than IE.

But, not sure how this is S&P..?

Two_Clicks
03-23-2012, 17:42
While I do use Firefox.. I didn't know that made me a snob. I just like it/know it better than IE.

+1

Also I run some anti tracking plug ins. I never see the singles in your area and all that crap

Lone Kimono
03-24-2012, 00:00
I'm not a snob, I just got tired of all the viruses and spyware I got from IE. Firefox is a lot faster too.

TangoFoxtrot
03-24-2012, 06:26

Exactly my thoughts as well.

MMII
03-24-2012, 10:38
I use Firefox.

Gee, I wonder what other free software I'm running that makes me a snob?

Thanks for the hip tip.

wjv
03-24-2012, 21:38
I use Firefox for the add-on and the fast browsing. Privacy doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

I think you making a faulty assumption as to why people use Firefox.

blueyedmule
03-25-2012, 05:32
I like their t-shirts! :D

series1811
03-25-2012, 05:49
I use Firefox. There is an easy way to disable the tracking. All you have to do is ************************* and then **************************. That's all there is to it.

And, the idea that people at Firefox are monitoring what you do all the time is ridiculous. :supergrin:

syntaxerrorsix
03-25-2012, 06:30
Chrome is faster and you can surf incognito. Wait this isn't Tech Talk.