I think I'm gonna go for it... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm gonna go for it...

Folsom_Prison
03-24-2012, 18:31
Man I've been in a pistol conundrum for some time, having a hard time trying to decide what I want.

:brickwall:

I finally think I've come to a conclusion. I was finally able to fondle a RIA recently, it was a compact 45 model. Really liked it but I want a 9mm.

The same shop can order me a GI 9mm for 410 bucks. From what I've gathered that's a pretty decent price. Plan on ordering one next week.

As much as that thing weighs I assume recoil has to be a walk in the park in 9mm. I probably won't carry it, just have it as a range toy. I'm getting pretty excited.

:wavey: A.J.

bac1023
03-24-2012, 19:58
Very cool :cool:

Post pics when you get it.

Folsom_Prison
03-24-2012, 20:02
Very cool :cool:

Post pics when you get it.

Thanks Bac! I'll try to post pics, photobucket hasn't been working with my iPhone.

okie
03-25-2012, 07:58
Congrats, Tac. I shot a Springfield EMP in 9mm and the recoil was nothing:supergrin::wavey:

Nestor
03-25-2012, 08:48
Man I've been in a pistol conundrum for some time, having a hard time trying to decide what I want.

:brickwall:

I finally think I've come to a conclusion. I was finally able to fondle a RIA recently, it was a compact 45 model. Really liked it but I want a 9mm.

The same shop can order me a GI 9mm for 410 bucks. From what I've gathered that's a pretty decent price. Plan on ordering one next week.

As much as that thing weighs I assume recoil has to be a walk in the park in 9mm. I probably won't carry it, just have it as a range toy. I'm getting pretty excited.

:wavey: A.J.

Go with 9mm first. You can always add the .45 in the same format later on. Range toy is the best when You don't have to cry over the cost of ammo, going to the range.
Here it's $10 difference on the box of ammo between 9mm and 45 ACP. I'm usually using 3 boxes on each session, so it's $30 in savings each and every time and the paper target won't see any difference. While $30 may not be all that much I can see it the other way around - it's around $400 in savings per year between those two calibers. Nice Christmas shopping for the whole family. Good luck in whatever You gonna go and yes, please post some pictures :wavey:

waynokarider01
03-25-2012, 19:27
I do love my .45s, but I have a full sized 9mm also. I really shooting it. Its just so smooth, and the lack of recoil is great. If I was looking at a RI, my first purchase would probably be the full sized 9mm tactical.