Geraldo Rivera Blames Hoodie [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Geraldo Rivera Blames Hoodie

G17Jake
03-24-2012, 20:21
at 28 seconds in the video

Geraldo Rivera Blames Trayvon Martin And His Parents For His Own Murder! "Leave The Hoodie At Home" - YouTube

Kingarthurhk
03-24-2012, 20:22
I have a hoodie. You know, I've never had a problem.

Then again, I'm not a "hood".:supergrin:

Multiple Arms
03-24-2012, 20:43
It is not a good idea to wear a hoodie. It turns you evil!

Here is Gandhi:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Gandhi_smiling.jpg

Here is Gandhi wearing a hoodie:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o-u7XOr22mg/Tq2R5QWbEQI/AAAAAAAAA2g/8Gk7ZexVtb4/s1600/death.jpg

G30Mike
03-24-2012, 21:17
Hoodies should be banned.Right along with cars, cigarettes, swimming pools, boats, kitchen knives, and motorcycles.

I don't think I'm ever going outside after dark or in the rain again either. The dark and the rain could have been as responsible as the evil hoodie.

Locking myself in the basement now.....

9jeeps
03-24-2012, 21:27
A dark hoody on a black rainy night? Just don't be walking down the street.... People can get themselves killed doing that.

Rooster Rugburn
03-24-2012, 23:25
What would Geraldo be blaming if the shooter was WHITE?

BLACKMAGICK
03-24-2012, 23:44
What would Geraldo be blaming if the shooter was WHITE?

Skittles and ice tea? :dunno:

samurairabbi
03-25-2012, 00:01
Geraldo, as usual, is doing his shock-jock shtick. One point that COULD be drawn from his rant, though: in some parts of America, people have stopped bullets because they happen to have chosen an unfortunate jacket color that morning.

chickenwing
03-25-2012, 02:35
Definitively don't wear a hoodie if you are a raccoon, might get you shot.

Skyhook
03-25-2012, 06:16
:dunno:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/witness-trayvon-martin-attacked-zimmerman/

HexHead
03-25-2012, 06:33
It wasn't the hoodie per se that got Martin killed, but Geraldo's on the right track. The hoodie is a symptom of the larger problem, the thug glorification and entitlement attitudes that exist in the country.
I was thinking back to when I was 17. If an adult, claiming authority asked me why I was somewhere out of place, I would have just answered him what my business there was. I wouldn't have thrown him to the ground and pounded his head for disrespecting me. If the kid was so freaked out about the creepy guy following him, why didn't he call 911? You can bet if a minor called and said some creepy guy was watching and following him, cops would have rolled fast. But I guess calling 911 isn't in the thug life handbook?

4GLOCKER
03-25-2012, 06:37
Geraldo expressed this idea on Imus Friday morning and also said we sould not have the "Stand Your Law".

Kingarthurhk
03-25-2012, 08:30
Geraldo expressed this idea on Imus Friday morning and also said we sould not have the "Stand Your Law".

I guess Geraldo doesn't have a Stand your Ground. He has a being hit in the head with a chair and falling down on the ground.:rofl:

Restless28
03-25-2012, 08:38
Hoodie, lol...

happyguy
03-25-2012, 09:40
People usually dress a certain way for a reason. I dress the way I do because I'm a late middle aged white guy that values comfort.

The kids that dress Goth, or punk, or gangster do so to evoke a response from others. I guess this kid got a response he wasn't looking for.

Geraldo didn't say anything that wasn't true but some people don't want to hear the truth if it doesn't agree with their own notions.

Edit: I can't believe I'm defending Geraldo!

Regards,
Happyguy :)

AlexHassin
03-25-2012, 10:58
never really associate a hoddie with thug life anymore. Guess there are lotsof thugs on college campuses, and high schools, and just walking around. Dam guessI got the gangster dress going.

Dam it feels good to be a gangster. J

Sporaticus
03-25-2012, 11:42
I have a camo hoodie? Is that evil too?

happyguy
03-25-2012, 11:57
I have a camo hoodie? Is that evil too?

No one said your hoodie is evil, but people do make judgments about others based on their appearance and you do it too. It's just a fact of life and complaining isn't going to change anything. Is this REALLY news to anyone? Did your parents fail to teach you this? Or were you just not paying attention?

Wearing a hoodie and acting like a gentleman can change perceptions and prejudices though, and if nothing else may change the perceptions of those you interact with. Besides, it's not the hoodie per se, it's the gangster image that some choose to project by their dress.

Edit: If I walk by a young man or men who are dressed and acting like gang bangers I mentally classify them as potential problems. I don't start looking for gang tattoo's or other clues because I have better things to do with my time. They get added to my "watch list" and I carry on.

Regards,

Sporaticus
03-25-2012, 12:38
No one said your hoodie is evil, but people do make judgments about others based on their appearance and you do it too. It's just a fact of life and complaining isn't going to change anything. Is this REALLY news to anyone? Did your parents fail to teach you this? Or were you just not paying attention?

Wearing a hoodie and acting like a gentleman can change perceptions and prejudices though, and if nothing else may change the perceptions of those you interact with. Besides, it's not the hoodie per se, it's the gangster image that some choose to project by their dress.

Edit: If I walk by a young man or men who are dressed and acting like gang bangers I mentally classify them as potential problems. I don't start looking for gang tattoo's or other clues because I have better things to do with my time. They get added to my "watch list" and I carry on.

Regards,

It was a rhetorical question.

Skyhook
03-25-2012, 12:46
never really associate a hoddie with thug life anymore. Guess there are lotsof thugs on college campuses, and high schools, and just walking around. Dam guessI got the gangster dress going.

Dam it feels good to be a gangster. J

:eyebrow:

Walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and get upset because someone thinks you're a duck?
Got the jailhouse pants to go with that get-up? :faint:

happyguy
03-25-2012, 12:49
It was a rhetorical question.

Easy to miss that in the printed word.:wavey:

Regards,

Sporaticus
03-25-2012, 12:57

Well, do the math. Liberal minority mouthpiece Geraldo Rivera says a hoodie projects a thug\criminal appearance. Miami Heat players put on hoodies to show their support for, and participation in, the thug culture.

Geraldo might be on to something. I cannot speak to the dress habits of the thug culture, but it appears THEY want a hoodie to be a symbol of it. Much like the baggy pants.

I walked into a grocery store late at night in the middle of summer and saw a couple individuals at the register wearing hoodies. Didn't see their race, and it didn't matter. Hell yes red flags went up. They wanted them to. They project that image for a reason. What reason, I don't know.

G30Mike
03-25-2012, 16:52
I'm white. I don't sag my pants. I don't talk, look, or act like a thug. But I wear hoodies. Hell I even wear one while open carrying if its chilly outside. Hope the homeboys on the block don't try to recruit me if they see me out....

Kingarthurhk
03-25-2012, 16:57
Well, do the math. Liberal minority mouthpiece Geraldo Rivera says a hoodie projects a thug\criminal appearance. Miami Heat players put on hoodies to show their support for, and participation in, the thug culture.

Geraldo might be on to something. I cannot speak to the dress habits of the thug culture, but it appears THEY want a hoodie to be a symbol of it. Much like the baggy pants.

I walked into a grocery store late at night in the middle of summer and saw a couple individuals at the register wearing hoodies. Didn't see their race, and it didn't matter. Hell yes red flags went up. They wanted them to. They project that image for a reason. What reason, I don't know.

I don't wear hoodies when it is hot. But, when it is cool out, they are great for CCL.

samurairabbi
03-25-2012, 16:58
I'm white. I don't sag my pants. I don't talk, look, or act like a thug. But I wear hoodies. Hell I even wear one while open carrying if its chilly outside. Hope the homeboys on the block don't try to recruit me if they see me out....

... but they just might consider you for covering their tax work, accounting tasks, investment strategy, administrative logistics, legal representation, and medical diagnoses. You should take advantage of ethnic stereotyping.

AlexHassin
03-26-2012, 14:32
:eyebrow:

Walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and get upset because someone thinks you're a duck?
Got the jailhouse pants to go with that get-up? :faint:
no, normal cargo pants on at the time. i looked like a basic college kid

coastal4974
03-26-2012, 14:47
I blame their culture.

maxsnafu
03-26-2012, 15:03
Hoodie? Nah, it was the tennis shoes.

Sporaticus
03-26-2012, 15:14
I blame their culture.

That's typically the problem. But Geraldo is a left wing loon, and if the shooter was not Latino, he would be screaming racism or guns.

Cruizer
03-26-2012, 15:15
ugh...Gerry

http://troglopundit.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/evil-anakin.jpg

http://girlsgonegeek.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/obiwankenobi.jpeg?w=584&h=438

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/bill_belichick.jpg