GHB for Saddlebag? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GHB for Saddlebag?

emt1581
03-24-2012, 21:39
If only having the space of a mid-sized saddle bag (6"x14"x11")...one...not both...what would you put in it?

For the sake of security, lets assume you take the bags with you and do NOT leave them unattended.

Thanks

-Emt1581

ArmoryDoc
03-25-2012, 06:14
Hard tack, water packets, alcohol wipes and band-aids. Emergency blanket, small handgun with several mags, waterproof matches, an empty medicine bottle stuffed with cotton balls for a fire starter. A good multi-tool. A long-life LED flashlight for moving at dark. Just for starters.

syntaxerrorsix
03-25-2012, 06:24
Shelter, water, fire or the means to make them and a small IFAK.

I usually have a pistol/magazines a flashlight and a knife on me but sometimes they end up in the bag.

I've also got a small possibles pouch with small things like a spork, insect repellent, spare batteries, tape, cordage and the like.

M1A Shooter
03-25-2012, 13:37
vacuum seal a spare pair of socks. will want dry socks if you have to walk far. id keep a small waterproof box in there, unless its a water tight fiberglass type motorcycle saddle bag, which would include a bic lighter, fire steel, petroleum cotton balls, water treatment tabs, spare knife or multi-tool, spare flashlight or headlamp. i would also include an emergency poncho and space blanket - mostly because they are a buck each and take up almost no space. i have them in everything. i would also add a stainless steel water bottle, and then some small power foods like a few powerbars - i like the triple threat energy and the harvest versions over the paste types, couple packs of salted peanuts, and maybe some gatorade singles. rotate the food as needed.

this is pretty much my minimal kit that i keep in a pocket of every bag i may carry and in the consoles of both cars.

WolfNotSheep
03-26-2012, 11:22
Start with the 5 C's; Container, Cover, Cutting Tool, Combustion Device, and Cordage.
Ideally, your container will be a steel nalgene type bottle you can boil in, a poncho/shelter, a good belt knife, several means of starting fire, and about 100 feet of paracord.

R_W
03-28-2012, 20:28
You can fit most hiking 10+ kits or light and fast GHB's in that space. Wolfnotsheep has a good list. I would add a heetsheet, a watchcap, gloves, wool socks, and comfortable shoes if you are wearing riding boots.

syntaxerrorsix
03-28-2012, 20:37
You can fit most hiking 10+ kits or light and fast GHB's in that space. Wolfnotsheep has a good list. I would add a heetsheet, a watchcap, gloves, wool socks, and comfortable shoes if you are wearing riding boots.

Good point.

RatDrall
03-29-2012, 04:22
Wool socks and cap.

A fire kit (water proof means to start fire, like a fire steel, as well as tinder to get it going).

Tube tent.

Emergnecy poncho.

Emergency Blanket.

SS Water bottle.

Water Purification tablets.

Frontier Straw.

1L Collapsable canteen.

Paracord, in 25' sections.

Sewing kit and safety pins.

Pocket trauma kit (the ones that come with quick clot and all the bandages you'd need) as well as a small first aid kit, like the AMK 1.0.

AA Maglite with lithium batteries. Cheap and it has a spare bulb in the tailcap in case your primary breaks. I have one of these lights from 20 years ago and it's still going, with the original bulb.

A Spyderco Delica, and a pocket sharpener. Also, a sturdy fixed blade. One or the other in my pocket or on my belt, the other in the saddlebag. Or, if I'm wearing a fixed blade and a folder, a third knife in the kit.

Primitive skills in my head, for just in case everything else is lost or stolen...

Bren
03-29-2012, 04:28
If only having the space of a mid-sized saddle bag (6"x14"x11")...one...not both...what would you put in it?

For the sake of security, lets assume you take the bags with you and do NOT leave them unattended.

Thanks

-Emt1581

That will hold a awful lot of GHB - does this involve date-raping a whole city? Most people just carry it in thier pocket so it's easier to slip into a drink.

emt1581
03-29-2012, 04:37
That will hold a awful lot of GHB - does this involve date-raping a whole city? Most people just carry it in thier pocket so it's easier to slip into a drink.

"Date-raping"? I don't follow. :dunno:

-Emt1581

Bren
03-29-2012, 06:03
"Date-raping"? I don't follow. :dunno:

-Emt1581

A saddlebag full of GHB? I thought you were an EMT?:rofl:

Gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) - date rape drug (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid)

Somewhere, there's a Hells Agel with a saddlebag full of GHB.

DrSticky
03-29-2012, 08:45
My bike has the fiberglass saddle bags, so in addition to many of the things said here, I tend to carry a small ruck(or bag) too. If I had the leather jobs I might do that too, so if I do have to walk I don't have to carry the saddle bag itself.

I normally ride to work with a ruck on which has my laptop and some EDC things, but if I don't have it a nice small "school backpack" works fine to carry the stuff.

emt1581
03-29-2012, 18:32
A saddlebag full of GHB? I thought you were an EMT?:rofl:

Gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) - date rape drug (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid)

Somewhere, there's a Hells Agel with a saddlebag full of GHB.

Ha! That one went right over my head. :wavey:

-Emt1581